Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Expert Picks Across The Web

Pastor Troy

I love football season for several reasons, but here's the one that applies -- football pick ems to me are just like the stock market pick ems: no matter how much of an insider you are, no matter how many years of experience a dude has in the league or the markets, everybody's always wrong!

Ok, there's always that one person who swore by Netflix or the Colts when everyone else laughed...but most times it's "darts at a board, sport."  I love that!  The aspect I love the most is watching how wrong many of the experts are consistently, yet that beer-bellied degenerate at your neighborhood bar always nails em!  What the hell....but that's why we love it, right?

Who's gonna Win The Super Bowl this year, before a single down has been played?  ****, I dunno.  Too many variables.  I have no idea who'll be injured, etc.  But boy I can give you a very convincing intellectual argument as to why r+x=y.  

But who am I kidding?  I love pick ems.

Jaworski trashes RGIII's mechanics and praises Vick's fit in the Eagles system. 

Then he picks Redskins to win.

Either way he'll say, "I was right"

They all do this. They`re all on the radio shows.... and they give one prediction. And then, in print and online copy, they give the opposite prediction. All of them. Every week.

I figured it out 10 years ago and I stopped reading/listening to sports media. I know for a fact that no one in the media knows my team better than I do. My opinion is the only one that counts :-)

I don't blame analysts who didn't pick us, our best player is coming off a knee injury, even I (The biggest RGIII homer) didn't pick RGIII for fantasy football because sometimes you outsmart yourself. Hopefully I live to regret it and he lights everybody up this year. lol

I don't blame analysts who didn't pick us, our best player is coming off a knee injury, even I (The biggest RGIII homer) didn't pick RGIII for fantasy football because sometimes you outsmart yourself. Hopefully I live to regret it and he lights everybody up this year. lol

I took RG3 with the first overall pick in my league. I think that makes me a bigger homer then you sir.

HTTR

I see Pete Prickso pick the Skins to finish third....if the league was his, the Skins would live in the cellar.

He and UnWise Mike must be better than cuddle buddies.

I see Pete Prickso pick the Skins to finish third....if the league was his, the Skins would live in the cellar.

He and UnWise Mike must be better than cuddle buddies.

Anyone that follows Prisco on Twitter knows what a colossal ass he is. He lets his emotions get the better of him all of the time. He cannot think rationally--he loves the Giants, hates the Skins. Always. He picked the Redskins to go 3-13 last year (10-6 actual), New York to go 13-3 (9-7 actual), and Philly and Dallas to go 11-5 (4-12 and 8-8 respectively, actual).

He got roundly ripped by every major outlet for his idiotic rant on the concussion settlement.

No. just means you are not very good at FF.  I got him in the 6th round of a 12 team league

i'm in 3 different leagues, only one of them has any DC homers, and he didn't last past the second round in any of them.  you got lucky.  I was targeting him for a 3rd round pick and I missed him in every draft.  or maybe you drafted early back when people outside of DC still weren't sure he was ok.

My dad took him with the #2 overall. In another league, I took Morris first with the #9 pick and RG3 with the #13. 

I really thought i had a chance to get Morris in the 2nd round.... I was sadly mistaken he went with 4th pick. Kind of funny since it was a Cowpunk fan. Guess that happens when you see a RB put up 200+ yards in a game to ice the NFC East :P

I had a guy in my league last night pick Morris in 1st, RG3 in 2nd and Garcon in 3rd lol. 

On topic though, I enjoy this thread and reading all the criticism. This team will make these guys look stupid just like last year. 

I love to see the so called experts eat crow, then turn around and spin it like they made the right call.

No - that's self-explained in your avatar. :)

Doesn't everyone eat peanut butter and crack sandwichs before they draft? I do believe Vinny Cerato did.

No. just means you are not very good at FF.  I got him in the 6th round of a 12 team league

That was not happening in my league with 3 other Skin fans. 

Not very good at FF? hmm I pocketed a cpl Grand last year playing FF.

Shall we play a game?

Seriously start a league up and PM me if interested.

This guy at foxsports has the Redskins finishing last in the division and losing to the Eagles 38-28:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/preseason-cheat-sheet-2013-predictions-houston-texans-will-win-super-bowl-083013

Philadelphia at Washington: I can’t wait for Robert Griffin III to start Week 1 just so I don’t ever have to hear about Robert Griffin III starting Week 1 again. I’m more excited for Michael Vick running the Chip Kelly offense. The Eagles’ wisely kept Vick running the up-tempo scheme under wraps throughout the preseason, but I woudn’t be surprised if we see some nifty, no-huddle come Monday night. Philly’s not winning the Super Bowl this year, but they’re going to be an awfully entertaining team to watch each week. I’m just not sure about the defense. That’s kind of a big deal. The Pick: Eagles 38, Redskins 28

This guy at foxsports has the Redskins finishing last in the division and losing to the Eagles 38-28:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/preseason-cheat-sheet-2013-predictions-houston-texans-will-win-super-bowl-083013

Man...intellectually I know that's ridiculous...but my Battered Fan Syndrome--especially after the Nats season--is preventing me from getting excited about this.

Archived