Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pierre Garcon Says Injured Toe Has Completely Healed

TSO

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2013/09/03/pierre-garcon-says-injured-toe-has-completely-healed/

Redskins wide receiver Pierre Garcon said that the injured toe that hampered him for the bulk of last season now has fully healed.

Garcon will continue to experiment with different inserts to help support that second toe of his right foot, but he no longer is limited in any way.

“Foot’s good. Hundred percent,” he said on Monday.

Garcon last season played portions of only three games in the first nine weeks after tearing ligaments in the toe. He returned in Week 11 following the bye after finding a way to play despite the injury, which made it impossible for him to sprint or change direction without pain. Garcon said early in the offseason that the toe was much improved, but still not completely better.

Garcon last season recorded 44 catches for 633 yards and four touchdowns and helped the Redskins to a 9-1 record in the regular season games in which he played.

Although now pain free, Garcon said nothing will change about his goals or approach to the game.

“Same thing, nothing’s changed, really,” he said. “Still trying to make plays every time I touch the ball, trying to block downfield for my team, just move the ball downfield and score touchdowns, really. Always [excited], every time you get a chance to play football, really – especially in the NFL.”

I think this is one of the biggest stories this offseason. There may not be any player I think will have a bigger year for us than Garcon, so long as he stays healthy.  

I certainly hope so.  However when he says "100%" does he mean the injury has actually healed or does he just mean that he doesn't feel any pain?

Garcon is very important to this offense until we one day possibly land a true #1 WR (Garcon is close to it, might call him a 1-B WR?)

But we also remember the Toeverneous Coles era, where he had a monster year and then had the turf toe that he didn't want to properly get fixed and it effected the rest of his days in Washington before being dealt for Moss.

I give Garcon more of the benefit of doubt because when he did come back last season he did perform well again and made a huge difference for this offense. So I am willing to take his word on this for now.

This  :)  ;)  :P  :D  :lol:  :(  :angry:  :mellow:  :huh:  ^_^  :o  B)  :rolleyes:  -_-  <_<  :wub:  :unsure:  :wacko:  :blink:  :ph34r:  :blush:  :excl: selection is sadly lacking to properly convey the feelings.

Garcon plays with a healthy QB and we win, as the record book shows.  

If I played FF I would like Garcon on my team this season.  So much talent for teams to watch he's gonna get his, and some.  

Garcon is very important to this offense until we one day possibly land a true #1 WR (Garcon is close to it, might call him a 1-B WR?)

He does everything really well plus does the high light real YAC stuff and grab the ball from miles away catch.  I think if we changed 1 stat and had height 6-5, same everything else, speed, weight, catch radius ('cos his' big) he'd be viewed a full fat 1 with a 16 game season of production last year.  

When he's fit (except the last game when the QB wasn't) we win.  We do better without our #1 QB than we do our #1 WR :ph34r: , that to me is 1A already :)

Everyone else in the pass catching ranks will have an easier time as opposing DCs try and fail to stop Garcon getting his and making an impact this season.

He does everything really well plus does the high light real YAC stuff and grab the ball from miles away catch.  I think if we changed 1 stat and had height 6-5, same everything else, speed, weight, catch radius ('cos his' big) he'd be viewed a full fat 1 with a 16 game season of production last year.  

When he's fit (except the last game when the QB wasn't) we win.  We do better without our #1 QB than we do our #1 WR :ph34r: , that to me is 1A already :)

Everyone else in the pass catching ranks will have an easier time as opposing DCs try and fail to stop Garcon getting his and making an impact this season.

The #1 receiver is overrated anyways, when you have great schemes with great QB's. We don't need him to be Calvin Johnson or even Roddy White to score points, or for him to dominate. He just needs to be at the right place, at the right time, so when 10 lets it rip, he can do what he does best. #1 receiver or not, when he got the ball, he played like one. That's all we need.

This  :)  ;)  :P  :D  :lol:  :(  :angry:  :mellow:  :huh:  ^_^  :o  B)  :rolleyes:  -_-  <_<  :wub:  :unsure:  :wacko:  :blink:  :ph34r:  :blush:  :excl: selection is sadly lacking to properly convey the feelings.

Garcon plays with a healthy QB and we win, as the record book shows.  

If I played FF I would like Garcon on my team this season.  So much talent for teams to watch he's gonna get his, and some.  

I got Garcon in the 6th round this year in a 12 team standard league. Very happy. :)

No doubt this is big news.  I'm a little surprised by some of the posts in this thread.  It seems like my view is somewhat of an outlier take, but this team is miles better with 88 on the field.

I LOVE the intensity and passion he displays on the field!  Feel free to disagree, but we need somebody that gets in the face of the opponent & never backs down.  Washington is much tougher and plays with a swagger that is clearly missing when he's not in the lineup.  

Pierre Garcon is NOT a legitimate #1???  That's news to me.

1) He is a clear Home Run threat (ask New Orleans & The Hated Rival about that one).

2) He sets a physical tone for the Wide Receiver group - watch how many props he'll start getting for that this year.

3) HE GETS OPEN.  

4) With Garcon in the lineup, we have a legitimate Big Play Offense

5) The Record with him in the lineup says it all.  Clearly 88 is part of our core.  I believe he proved that last season.

Look, I don't play fantasy football, so maybe I don't get it, but based on how he produces on the field with his hands, blocking, & big play ability, I consider him a true #1 Receiver.  What else do you want that he doesn't give us?

"Garcon is not getting surgery on his foot because it was not guaranteed to even fix anything"

That scared me because I didn't know how long that pain was going to hobble him, whether it could EVEN heal on its own properly.

Hearing that it feels 100% [and I do hope it stays this way all season] is the most wonderful news so far!  If Garcon hadn't willed himself back into the lineup after the bye we'd never have made the playoffs.

No doubt this is big news.  I'm a little surprised by some of the posts in this thread.  It seems like my view is somewhat of an outlier take, but this team is miles better with 88 on the field.

I LOVE the intensity and passion he displays on the field!  Feel free to disagree, but we need somebody that gets in the face of the opponent & never backs down.  Washington is much tougher and plays with a swagger that is clearly missing when he's not in the lineup.  

Pierre Garcon is NOT a legitimate #1???  That's news to me.

I agree. I'd say he's a solid #1 receiver if he stays healthy.  He has not had a thousand yard season yet, but that's mostly because of a lack of opportunity.  He's only 27 too.

Garçon is about as close as you can get to a #1 IMO. I think he is overlooked because he was overshadowed in Indy by Harrison(their time overlapped I believe) and mostly because of Reggie Wayne. Then he was injured last year so he didn't get the chance to show what he can do as the top option.

He may not ever put up the stats as Julio or AJ and those guys be because our offense spreads the ball around but his presence on the field and what he does for our offense with the ball in his hands equals that of a #1 to us anyway even if others don't see it.

I really can't wait to see the offense with 16 games of a healthy Garçon and Davis on the field with Morris, Thompson, Robinson and Hank. Should be very explosive and incredibly tough to defend.

Archived