Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Week 1: Michael Vick Vs. Robert Griffin Ill

KingxEagles

1) Do you honestly think anyone is going to pick Vick? lol

*sidenote* What is with all of these new opposing fans popping up on here before a game? Is ES hot in the streets now? lol

It's the start of the season, everyone is on equal ground and full of optimism. They will disappear like normal after a couple weeks.

I'm sincerely not trying to be a downer or a contrarian here, but I think Vick will have a big game. Our secondary is a weakness. Vick, Jackson, and McCoy are healthy/motivated.

The redskins should win this game but I suspect we'll have to get behind Alfred Morris while Griffin shakes off the rust.  I'm terrified of this game because I just feel like RG3 needs live reps. 

I think Vick will have the better statistical game.

I have theorized that Shanahan is going to minimize using Robert in game 1. A healthy dose of Morris, screens to Helu, short passes / RAC. Let RGIII get the rust off slowly and limit the risks. No running him into a snufffed out bootleg.

I for one do not expect a lot of zone read to start the season. Otherwise, stay with the plan, run run pass; making way for the eventual play action. Repeat.

I expect that Kelly will follow the recent trend of many other coaches, in using their QB's to their strengths. QBR in one game head to head is not a good measure. One INT on a hail mary to close the half, or a WR tipping a ball to a DB cloud the rating.

I'm sincerely not trying to be a downer or a contrarian here, but I think Vick will have a big game. Our secondary is a weakness. Vick, Jackson, and McCoy are healthy/motivated.

The redskins should win this game but I suspect we'll have to get behind Alfred Morris while Griffin shakes off the rust.  I'm terrified of this game because I just feel like RG3 needs live reps. 

I think Vick will have the better statistical game.

They have three good (2 superstar) players on offense.  If the skins cannot contain them or if someone else doesn't show up for the Eagles while the coverage spies and shifts to those three, then it could be a long year for the skins defense.

I just don't see it happening.  NOW that said every time I have felt a game shouldn't be close in the skins favor, they go out and blasted.  Lets break that streak this time, go skins.

The Eagles are putting lipstick on a pig. Everybody knows exactly who Michael Vick is: a QB with some amazing tools like arm strength and straight ahead speed who makes poor decisions and is not great at reading defenses. People who are expecting him to be the same guy who torched us for 400 yards a couple years ago seem to forget how he has played every season of his career except for that one. And that Andy Reid brings the very best out of QBs (see Korn on the Kolb, McNabb). It's possible that this highly overrated and completely unproven college offense could be a perfect fit, but it is far from probable, especially in week 1.

My prediction is RG3 gets a TD drive to open the game, Eagles get the ball and Vick is strip sacked within 3 plays, Redskins go up 14-0 and we get to enjoy a laugher.

And this has nothing to do with homer wishes or overrating our own team, and everything to do with the Eagles having an extremely flawed QB, all scrubs on offense besides djax and mccoy, and a bottom 5 defense from last year which lost half its starters and changed schemes.

I don't really care who has the better QB rating - the only stat that matters is the win.

I will predict that Vick has more rushing yards than RGIII in the game and that Eagles run more read option plays than we do. Not just because its RGIIIs first game back and we will want to limit his contact but because if there is one coaching staff and team in the NFL who should be better prepared to deal with the read option its the Eagles - they have coaches with lots of recent College experience running the read option and defending it and their defense will have seen a lot of it in practice.

My prediction is our game plan is based around Alfred Morris on the stretch, lots of formations and action which looks like read option but is not, play action off those looks to get chunk plays and shorter throws when we do drop back. I also think we will see more outside zone than we saw last year.

Bottom line we are a better football team top to bottom than the Eagles - they have two big and very good weapons on offense in McCoy and Jackson and the unpredictability of Vick. Stop McCoy and their running game and it will be a long night for Vick IMO.

I don't really care who has the better QB rating - the only stat that matters is the win.

I will predict that Vick has more rushing yards than RGIII in the game and that Eagles run more read option plays than we do. Not just because its RGIIIs first game back and we will want to limit his contact but because if there is one coaching staff and team in the NFL who should be better prepared to deal with the read option its the Eagles - they have coaches with lots of recent College experience running the read option and defending it and their defense will have seen a lot of it in practice.

Conversely, hasn't our defense seen the read option more than any other team in the league?

Conversely, hasn't our defense seen the read option more than any other team in the league?

Thats a fair point and I agree we should be as prepared as anyone - I just think the Eagles will use it more than we will on opening day. There is also the disadvantage of not really knowing what Kelly is going to do with the offense and how much we really saw from them in preseason.

I think we will be evolving our offense and while we will still use read option principles we will see less rushing from RGIII and more passing.

Lol I'm sorry but Matt Barkley just looks too much like Joffrey from game of thrones. No wonder I couldn't ever like the guy.

Thanks for that....now I'll probably start disliking him too. I never thought of that...but totally see it.

As for the question...who knows? Too much uncertainty on both sides to predict the results of a single game...

Archived