Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: Redskins Make Roster Moves

TK

For Immediate Release

August 31, 2013

REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have waived the following players:

DL Chigbo Anunoby

WR Dezmon Briscoe (designated as injured)

LB Marvin Burdette

LB Will Compton

RB Tristan Davis (from Exempt/Left Squad list)

WR Skye Dawson

S DeJon Gomes

DE Dominique Hamilton

RB Jawan Jamison

WR Lance Lewis

C Kevin Matthews

CB Chase Minnifield

T Xavier Nixon

TE Emmanuel Ogbuehi

LB Vic So'oto

OL Tevita Stevens

WR Nick Williams

The team terminated the contracts of the following vested veterans:

NT Ron Brace

T Tony Pashos

RB Keiland Williams (with injury settlement)

The team also placed OL Maurice Hurt on the Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform list. On Friday, the team terminated the contract of CB Ryan Mouton from the Reserve/Injured list with an injury settlement and waived LB Roddrick Muckelroy from the Reserve/Injured list with an injury settlement.

With the roster moves, the Redskins’ active roster currently stands at 53 players.

Keep White, trade Rex (for whatever they can get).  Trade Cousins when his contract is up for some early rounders (assuming he hasn't sat on the bench the whole time) and move White into the #2 spot.

Shanny is building this team around speed and Rex isn't fast.  He can teach White to throw better but he can't teach Rex to run faster.

Can somebody explain the difference between waiving a player and terminating a contract? Also, I keep seeing two types of PUP list designations. If somebody can break down all the possibilities of NOT making the 53 man roster, I'd appreciate it.

You know who isn't shocked White made this team? Shanny. Watch Shanny when he talks about White. Listen to the words he uses. He loves this guy. Then listen to how he talks about Rex. Meh.

White fits the team image of speed Shanny is building. Rex doesn't. Why isn't that obvious to everyone? It's been obvious to me from the start.

I suspect the reason to keep four is Kirk is still hurting and no one truly knows how Griffin's knee will respond to being hit. I also think Whit positively surprised. People compare his TDs to INTs but I think you have to add in the rushing TDs.

I hope we are scanning the cut lists for an extra tackle. I'm a little bummed that Minifield didn't outright make the team. Seems a good story and he was pretty productive.

Im sure Shanny has a plan and there is reasonable justification for the moves that were made. There is a reason we kept 4 QBs, there is a reason Chase didn't make the 53, just as there was a reason Cousins was taken in the same draft as RG3.

The smoke still has not cleared with the Tanard Jackson situation so that could've played a part in some decisions. Also, we will have to make more cuts after the bye because of players coming off suspension.

In all actuality, we just do not know the rationale behind some of the moves but I can finally say we have competent people in charge of the football operations so let's just trust that our FO knows what they're doing and see how it plays out.

Im sure Shanny has a plan and there is reasonable justification for the moves that were made. There is a reason we kept 4 QBs, there is a reason Chase didn't make the 53, just as there was a reason Cousins was taken in the same draft as RG3.

The smoke still has not cleared with the Tanard Jackson situation so that could've played a part in some decisions. Also, we will have to make more cuts after the bye because of players coming off suspension.

In all actuality, we just do not know the rationale behind some of the moves but I can finally say we have competent people in charge of the football operations so let's just trust that our FO knows what they're doing and see how it plays out.

Of course, he has a plan.  Imagine the possibilities of implementing a swinging gate play with two mobile qbs! Swinging GATES... three blockers on one side of the field, three on the other.  Which qb will get the ball and then what will they do with the ball once they get it?

Defensive coordinators will throw up their hands and quit!

Archived