Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xfinitynews(Ap): Gun-Toting, Foul-Mouthed Pa. Chief Won't Back Down

Jumbo

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20130829/US--Police.Chief-Video.Controversy/

GILBERTON, Pa. (AP) — Police Chief Mark Kessler expects to be fired for posting incendiary videos in which he ranted obscenely about the Second Amendment and liberals while spraying machine-gun fire with borough-owned weapons.

But Kessler, whose pro-gun videos have garnered hundreds of thousands of views online, has no intention of going away quietly.

With an Internet radio show, speaking invitations to gun rallies around the country and a newly formed "Constitution Security Force" that he claims already has chapters in 45 states, the 41-year-old coal miner-turned-cop said his message - that the federal government is too big, too powerful and wants to grab guns - is resonating with a segment of the public that believes as he does.

"The support has been overwhelming, both national and international," he said. "I find it truly amazing how many people finally said, 'You know what? This guy's right.'"

Friday is the last day of Kessler's 30-day suspension over what the Gilberton council has said was unauthorized use of the weapons. The council could decide his fate Friday night. But if Kessler's worried about losing job, he's not showing it.

"If that's the price I got to pay for standing up for what I believe in, apparently for what a lot of Americans believe in, I'm willing to pay that price," said Kessler, speaking to The Associated Press at a gun range near Gilberton in northeast Pennsylvania.

If anything, his rhetoric has grown even more menacing. This week, Kessler posted another potty-mouthed video in which he displayed paper targets with scary-looking clowns on them, dubbed "Eric" and "Danny." Those happen to be the first names of Council President Daniel Malloy and Vice President Eric Boxer, whom he has attacked on his website. Patting an assault rifle, Kessler said, "This is the friend that Eric's going to meet today." After firing a volley at the target, he said, "Eric got a couple rounds to the head."

In an earlier video, Kessler savaged Secretary of State John Kerry as a "traitor" over a U.S.-backed international arms treaty. "COME AND TAKE IT!" he screamed, firing a machine gun.

Kessler said he posted that video and others like it partly out of frustration, and partly in an effort to get people to pay attention to an issue he holds dear: the erosion of Second Amendment and other constitutional rights.

"It was shock and awe," he said. "I could have went out there and did a nice video ... and nobody would've gave it a second look."

Now that he's achieved a measure of notoriety for his obscenity-filled rants against government tyranny and people he calls "libtards," Kessler said he worries the federal government will try to silence him. He predicted chaos if that happens.

<more at link>

Nice word choice on headline, btw, eh? News is entertainment.

Hadn't heard of this guy, nor seen any of these videos, but this seemed like a fun item. Anyone seen these videos?

(I understand the challenge, but let's try not to make this just a regurgitation of the same ole same ole general pro/anti "gun control" posts too much)

It's funny..I assumed this was western PA since they said he was a coal miner-turned-cop.

Surprisingly though, this is pretty close to Allentown...I wonder what Billy Joel thinks. 

This week, Kessler posted another potty-mouthed video in which he displayed paper targets with scary-looking clowns on them, dubbed "Eric" and "Danny." Those happen to be the first names of Council President Daniel Malloy and Vice President Eric Boxer, whom he has attacked on his website.

Patting an assault rifle, Kessler said, "This is the friend that Eric's going to meet today." After firing a volley at the target, he said, "Eric got a couple rounds to the head."

That should trigger an automatic firing.

He's right though. Listen to what our gun-grabbing libtard President is saying about guns these days. This is Constitution-stomping if I've ever heard it:

“There’s no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying
loaded weapons,”

Guns are “a ridiculous way to solve problems that have to be solved
among people of good will.”

“This is a matter of vital importance to the public safety ... While
we recognize that assault-weapon legislation will not stop all
assault-weapon crime, statistics prove that we can dry up the supply of
these guns, making them less accessible to criminals.”

“I do not believe in taking away the right of the citizen for
sporting, for hunting and so forth, or for home defense. But I do
believe that an AK-47, a machine gun, is not a sporting weapon or needed
for defense of a home.”

“Certain forms of ammunition have no legitimate sporting, recreational, or self-defense use and thus should be prohibited.”

“With the right to bear arms comes a great responsibility to use caution and common sense on handgun purchases.”

Oh wait...those are quotes from Ronald Reagan. N/M

I see what you did there...

It's funny..I assumed this was western PA since they said he was a coal miner-turned-cop.

Surprisingly though, this is pretty close to Allentown...I wonder what Billy Joel thinks. 

What you quoted should really get him arrested. It's a pretty overt death threat.

The good thing about this guy is that he illustrates the need for mental health more of a front and center topic in this country.

I live about 30 minutes from Gilberton so this dude has been plastered all over the local news for about the last month or so. 

I haven't paid a lot of attention to it but from what I understand he has some rather powerful friends and supporters which is why it's taken so long for him to get fired.  I don't know if it mentions it in the article but he's also a member of a local school board and as far as I know, he hasn't been kicked off of that yet either. 

I live about 30 minutes from Gilberton so this dude has been plastered all over the local news for about the last month or so. 

I haven't paid a lot of attention to it but from what I understand he has some rather powerful friends and supporters which is why it's taken so long for him to get fired.  I don't know if it mentions it in the article but he's also a member of a local school board and as far as I know, he hasn't been kicked off of that yet either. 

Well, I assume that school board is elected.  Kicking morons off might be tough. 

(Whereas, I assume that Chief isn't elected, or else they wouldn't be able to kick him off that job, either.)  

Why bother when Duck Dynasty and Honey Boo Boo are just as effective?

;)

Guess the birth certificate stopped working. 

First read about this guy on buzzfeed about a month ago. Both links below contain NSFW language.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/a-pennsylvania-police-chief-refuses-to-apologize-for-threate

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/the-police-chief-that-threatened-on-youtube-to-shoot-libtard

The pictures are pretty damn scary. Insane militant folks with automatic weapons.

Archived