Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fox Sport 1 Format And Personnel

HSW

I was watching Fox Sports 1 network last night and got a chance to see some of their on air talent / personnel.  They are a hot mess.  The shows look like they were put together in someones basement.  Nothing wrong with having dim witted showy girls on a sports show but when they are the lead announcers and analyst it is a train wreck

The anchors for the "primetime" late night show are Jay Onrait ad Dan O'Toole, who came over from TSN Canada.  I love those two guys and watch Fox Sports 1 just for the 2 of them, I think they're hilarious and bring some levity that Sportscenter searches for but hasn't had for a long time now.  

I agree with just about everything else though, the rest of the analysts and hosts are not very good. Roddick is terrible, McNabb is terrible, and I don't know who the other are.  

I saw a daytime episode with different anchors who were pretty decent, but I don't remember their names.

I want to try and like FS1 just because ESPN is a shell of it's former self now. But it's kinda tough to watch. Fox Sports Live has potential. Jay and Dan are much better than any of the current SportsCenter anchors outside of SVP. But the stupid round table they have with McNabb, Roddick, Payton, Kapler, and Salam is pointless. McNabb is tough to listen to as is, I don't really care what he has to say about MLB. I think if they just focused on Jay and Dan, it would be much better.

I do really like Fox Football Daily. Just a bunch of guys sitting around talking football. Glazer is up there with Schefter in providing breaking news and Randy Moss seems really well spoken and knowledgeable. I'll definitely be watching this throughout the season.

Tried to watch Crowd Goes Wild with Regis and that is just a mess. Not a fan of that show it all. It tried to be a PTI, Around the Horn, SportsNation all in one. It just doesn't work.

Other than Crowd Goes Wild, the rest of the FS1 programming has been money. I don't like the roundtable, but it's not that bad.

The best thing so far has been the highlights on Fox Sports Live and the Football Daily show. When College and NFL Season starts, that channel is going to really take off.

I don't like the programming so far. I haven't seen the shows because some of them are around 5 and I'm not home until 7 or so.

That's because the producers are not structuring the show around McNabbs skill set...they must be racist... ;)

I want to try and like FS1 just because ESPN is a shell of it's former self now. But it's kinda tough to watch. Fox Sports Live has potential. Jay and Dan are much better than any of the current SportsCenter anchors outside of SVP. 

This is about where I am with it.  I want to try to like it, and it's a different flavor from ESPN which is really nice but they have a long way to go.

The minute Sportscenter starts with that Make a Wish feature, I can't get to the remote fast enough.  I couldn't even make it through the RG3 one.  

I was watching Fox Sports 1 network last night and got a chance to see some of their on air talent / personnel. They are a hot mess. The shows look like they were put together in someones basement. Nothing wrong with having dim witted showy girls on a sports show but when they are the lead announcers and analyst it is a train wreck

Dim witted showy girls? I thought their problem was corny humor coming from the two guys at the sports desk.... They have potential but need better writers or material. That and Donovan McNabb. I really cant stand that guy after his little stalker routine with RG3. There were reasons to dislike him before but now he's added creepy to the mix, and that harder to ignore.

Charissa Thompson is the best part of their evening show.

Dim witted showy girls? I thought their problem was corny humor coming from the two guys at the sports desk.... They have potential but need better writers or material. That and Donovan McNabb. I really cant stand that guy after his little stalker routine with RG3. There were reasons to dislike him before but now he's added creepy to the mix, and that harder to ignore.

Charissa Thompson is the best part of their evening show.

Damn, I miss her on SportsNation. Girl is foine

The other day they replayed the main card of UFC: Silva vs Sonnen 2. That was AWESOME. The UFC Fight Nights/PPV undercards are shown live on FS1 as well. They replay the same UFC Countdown show over and over though, even a week AFTER the event it's promoting has taken place. Good to acclimate new fans, but I personally wish they'd show more old events instead.

On the flip side, it's been showing a lot of soccer. Shoot me. They do, however, show some especially competitive matches in different sports. The other day I caught myself getting in to a heated ping pong game. Pretty cool channel, haven't been watching ESPN.

Football daily is a good show. I like it.

I haven't watched much else, except Crowd Goes Wild, which is awful.

It has potential, but I have always felt that if you're trying to be edgy and funny, get some edgy and funny people on the show.

Regis Philbin is neither, and the 'stand up comic" they use is terrible.

Jason Gay ... it looks like Andy Dick is trying to talk sports..  get him off.

~Bang

Football daily is a good show. I like it.

I haven't watched much else, except Crowd Goes Wild, which is awful.

It has potential, but I have always felt that if you're trying to be edgy and funny, get some edgy and funny people on the show.

Regis Philbin is neither, and the 'stand up comic" they use is terrible.

Jason Gay ... it looks like Andy Dick is trying to talk sports..  get him off.

~Bang

I was trying to figure out why I stopped watching... It was that comedian. Dude wasn't funny. And that is hard for me to say because I would laugh at almost anything lol...

I like Regis, believe it or not,, and i like him for exactly why he's there.. he's a coot who yells a lot. he brings no insight, he brings no sports knowledge except "well, as you know, i like the notre dame.. and they play the football, you know.."

it's ridiculous. The other day Regis's 'edgy story" was literally about his birthday in which he ran into Judge Judy (name drop!), who gave him a present, and strangely enough it was a box of mens exotic underwear.. and so the next day he tried it on, and his wife came in and got all excited.

This is his story.  Judge JUDY gave me UNDAPANTS! and the Missus wanted to GET it ON! Regis is YELLINg about his SEXY UNDAPANTS that he got from JUDGE JU! DY!

it's absolutely eye popping ridiculous watching him try to fit in.

the "comedian" isn't funny,   trevor Pryce isn't bad, they could let him talk more.. he probably wants to pop those other two guys like pimples...  and the girl who runs the internet is just annoying.

Andy dick talking sports.. its not working. Gay might be a good sportswriter, that doesn't mean he works on television looking like a hipster dorkbag.

Yesterday Bill Cosby was on, and wow,, he was old..  it was uncomfortable. 

things like this typically suck because they're afraid to be funny in the ways that things are actually funny. they won't take any shots at anyone because they are afraid of offending someone. No matter what, if you fear your source of material, you'll never ever touch on what really makes a sports story funny.

~Bang

I'll give them a few weeks to get their legs under them. But it seems like they are trying to be the, "out there," type of all the sports networks. They had to try something different like that to make themselves stand out from the other sports networks.

It should be noted that FS1 has taken a considerable dive in ratings since the first week. Knocking off a titan isn't easy. It'll take time. 

FS1 has good programming, and already it is better than ESPN's analysis and lack of highlights. Jay and Dan are better than Sportscenter, despite the poor ratings. 

FS1 should deal with "Operation Patience", because given the time, they'll really compete with ESPN. They just have too many rights (College football this year, MLB next year) 

It should be noted that FS1 has taken a considerable dive in ratings since the first week. Knocking off a titan isn't easy. It'll take time. 

FS1 has good programming, and already it is better than ESPN's analysis and lack of highlights. Jay and Dan are better than Sportscenter, despite the poor ratings. 

FS1 should deal with "Operation Patience", because given the time, they'll really compete with ESPN. They just have too many rights (College football this year, MLB next year) 

I think once college football gets underway, they'll see an improvement. Right now, they just don't have the sports on.

Haven't been too impressed with FS1, so far. Really pissed that it replaced Speed channel. No one gives a crap about UFC, and it seems that's all they seem to show.

They don't show ENOUGH of the UFC. Plenty of people watch MMA. 24,000+ posts in the MMA Thread, the org pulls good ratings for putting on so many cards a year. Fox is happy they picked the UFC up. Hand to hand combat, or pressing on a pedal? Umm...

UFC PPV preliminary card on there live tomorrow night. 4 years ago the prelims weren't televised at all. Then they were on crappy online streams, on to FuelTV (which Comcast doesn't carry), to FX, and now FS1.

It's the soccer ruining this channel for me. It's FS1's version of the Little League World Series. I'd rather watch The Golden Girls.

They don't show ENOUGH of the UFC. Plenty of people watch MMA. 24,000+ posts in the MMA Thread, the org pulls good ratings for putting on so many cards a year. Fox is happy they picked the UFC up. Hand to hand combat, or pressing on a pedal? Umm...

UFC PPV preliminary card on there live tomorrow night. 4 years ago the prelims weren't televised at all. Then they were on crappy online streams, on to FuelTV (which Comcast doesn't carry), to FX, and now FS1.

It's the soccer ruining this channel for me. It's FS1's version of the Little League World Series. I'd rather watch The Golden Girls.

I just don't get the fascination with MMA. It's boring as hell to me. But NOTHING is as worthless as soccer lol. No son of mine would ever play that sissy sport.

Archived