Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Tennesseean: Tn Newborns Get Rare Bleeding Disorder After Parents Refused Vitamin K Shots

China

odd that not getting a vitamin shot is seen as horribly ignorant,yet the choice to abort is seen as progressive.

Odd that in twa world, choosing to withhold a vitamin is a choice that must be respected, but choosing to withhold using your body as a life support machine needs the government to intervene. 

GOP+cares+for+fetus.jpg

Seems like this might fit here:

http://www.npr.org/2013/09/01/217746942/texas-megachurch-at-center-of-measles-outbreak

"Measles was declared eliminated in the U.S. more than a decade ago. But in recent years, the highly infectious disease has cropped up in communities with low vaccination rates, most recently in North Texas.

There, 21 people — the majority of whom have not been immunized — have gotten the disease, which began at a vaccine-skeptical megachurch."

""So I'm going to tell you what the facts are, and the facts are the facts, but then we know the truth. That always overcomes facts," she has said."

their kids,their choice

The kids the one with the disease, not the parents.  if it's harmless and can prevent anything then it should be a requirement.  There's starting to become to many deaths/damage done to children because there parents refuse treatment that is needed.  I feel like I see a new article every week about a child dying because the parents decided he/she didn't need medicine.

I was kind of dumfounded by this comment in the article though:

"These were all patients that were born at home or born in the hospital"

No ****, where else would they be born.

The kids the one with the disease, not the parents.  if it's harmless and can prevent anything then it should be a requirement.  There's starting to become to many deaths/damage done to children because there parents refuse treatment that is needed.  I feel like I see a new article every week about a child dying because the parents decided he/she didn't need medicine.

I was kind of dumfounded by this comment in the article though:

"These were all patients that were born at home or born in the hospital"

No ****, where else would they be born.

Well, my niece was born in the front seat of a Ford Taurus.  That's neither home nor the hospital.

Well, my niece was born in the front seat of a Ford Taurus.  That's neither home nor the hospital.

you know what i meant haha

and it is the parent in charge of healthcare decisions and no requirement for the shot....choice

and yeah I understand that, just a shame - if it's their decision then what happens should weigh on them (ie. manslaughter, murder, etc.)

Archived