Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Espn/schefter: Robert Griffin Iii To Start Monday Opener

sparkosaurus

I wonder if this is ESPN trying to stir this whole thing up again one last time before RGIII is examined by the Doc tomorrow?

Shouldn't the headline say something more along the lines of "RGIII will start Sept 9th, if cleared by Doctor on Thursday" ?

And then the article could be about how the Shanahans have seen everything they need to see to be confident that RGIII gives the team the best chance to win, but they need the Doctor's seal of approval tomorrow.

Instead you get that headline via "sources" yet the article itself offers exactly ZERO new information on anything.

I'm not sure ESPN is in the business of stirring things up with Griffin. After just airing that documentary, they seem to want to paint his situation in a positive light.

In the end, this "news" is just a matter of when. I think we've all known for a couple weeks that it would be shocking if Griffin wasn't the starter on 9/9. Now, I assume it's possible that he might have a setback between now and then, but you can never really plan for those.

It'll be nice when he's formally cleared, named the starter, and all of this is behind us. Other than the meaningless crap, given where we were in January of last year, the off-season has been great!

Will probably end up being true but until Dr. Andrews does the exam it's not official.  Through this whole thing most news about his knee examines comes in the form of a tweet from Robert.  I would expect the same for being cleared for opening night. 

Yeah, going to say this is legit.

I can't imagine why the guy who co-authored a book with Shanny would put this out there if there was ever a chance of it turning around and looking like he made the decision without Andrews giving him the thumbs up.

The final clearance from Andrews isn't anything big anyways, just looking at him again for the sake of saying they did it, since they already know he hasn't had any set backs.

If anyone knows it's Shefty. 

Plus, after watching his warmups recently with Andrews there, is there a chance he's not cleared?

ESPN jumping the gun or not, did anyone actually doubt that this would ultimately be the case?

I mean seriously, speculation aside. As a Redskin fan, knowing our QB, and what he means to this team and the Coach' success or not; did anyone seriously doubt that he'd be starting Week 1?

Hail. 

My question exactly.

The MNF warmup was all I needed to see.

ESPN jumping the gun or not, did anyone actually doubt that this would ultimately be the case?

I mean seriously, speculation aside. As a Redskin fan, knowing our QB, and what he means to this team and the Coach' success or not; did anyone seriously doubt that he'd be starting Week 1?

Hail. 

Not for one second since the injury happened.

Is this really news at this point? I hate being that guy, but we all kinda knew this for the last couple of weeks.

Yeah, not news.  Everyone knew this for the last several weeks.  Worst kept secret in Washington.

You guys have to remember, its not news for us, but we aren't the only people ESPN caters too.  We know way more than anybody else because we come on here and get minute by minute updates on everything.  This article is necessary for the rest of the world who doesnt eat, sleep, breathe redskins

Archived