Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Make Final Roster Moves To 75

No ground shaking moves which at this round should not surprise anyone. The last rounds might have some shockers. My queston will K Williams take the last RB spot from Royster? Royster will get his share of snaps this week and some of what I read is that Royster runs better against the first team defenses than K Williams. I expect Royster to win the final RB spot.

No ground shaking moves which at this round should not surprise anyone. The last rounds might have some shockers. My queston will K Williams take the last RB spot from Royster? Royster will get his share of snaps this week and some of what I read is that Royster runs better against the first team defenses than K Williams. I expect Royster to win the final RB spot.

When you say final roster spot, are you counting 3 or 4? We know it's Morris then Helu - What about thompson? He may be the PR. I am thinking 4 myself with #3 between Royster and Williams but Thompson taking the 4th spot with dual duty as PR. MS really likes smaller really fast guys for PR. That's how Banks lasted so long. 

As stated there are no surprises. I had a funny feeling that either Trueblood or Pashos would be released & as it turns out it was Trueblood. Sucks to be him.

HTTR!!!

HAIL JDHAWK4SKINS!

Royster has had his chance (so has Williams for that matter) but hasn't done much. As I understand it K. Williams has really impressed during camp this year so it wouldn't surprise me whatsoever if he takes the #3 spot. I really don't think we roll with 4 RBs.

HTTR!!!

When you say final roster spot, are you counting 3 or 4? We know it's Morris then Helu - What about thompson? He may be the PR. I am thinking 4 myself with #3 between Royster and Williams but Thompson taking the 4th spot with dual duty as PR. MS really likes smaller really fast guys for PR. That's how Banks lasted so long. 

I think we'll keep 4 total RBs and because Thompson has the edge on punt returns then he is a better lock on the Roster than both Keiland Williams and Royster. I think the RBs will be AM, Helu, Thompson, and Royster with Jamison going to the PS. Then this will leave us with some room for 4 TEs and maybe 6 WRs while we hopefully carry the same number of O-line as last year. I haven't done a detail breakdown of the roster so it may still be wishful thinking that we can keep 4 TEs and 6 WRs along with 4 RBs. If we go with 5 RBs then I think we'll have to reduce the number of WRs on the roster. 

Royster has had his chance (so has Williams for that matter) but hasn't done much. As I understand it K. Williams has really impressed during camp this year so it wouldn't surprise me whatsoever if he takes the #3 spot. I really don't think we roll with 4 RBs.

Hail Canada, I think you might be right. Keiland looked really good in the Bills game and they also gave him the most reps in the Steeler's game but I'm assuming Royster's injury had something to do with those increased carriers. I'm almost spit between Williams and Royster but something tells me the staff views Royster as the more reliable backup.

I'm good with Thompson making it over Royster , and Williams . That way Thompson could solve our punt return problem . Lance Lewis over Dawson IMO . Love the size and Hunger in the kid . If Dawson beat Lewis , Then Thompson headed to the practice squad .

Getting the dust off my game day chair . hahaha Its at my mother law house , And no one is allowed to sit in . We went on that run when i started watching over there , so if me and my girl split , I got and understanding that i still can come watch at that exact spot . Lol Its my spot

I'm good with Thompson making it over Royster , and Williams . That way Thompson could solve our punt return problem . Lance Lewis over Dawson IMO . Love the size and Hunger in the kid . If Dawson beat Lewis , Then Thompson headed to the practice squad .

Me and you both are huge Lance Lewis voters. I think there is still a chance we cut him and put him back on PS since he has one more year of eligibility. I'd be really nervous if we do take that chance. I think another team might grab him after the cut. I think Thompson going to PS is highly unlikely at this point. He could be a huge boost on 3rd downs and triple threat options later in the season.

Question , If a better RT get cut , do we pick him up ? Thoughts

I think Pashos is better than anything we'll see become available from the cut lists. He still looks bad at times blocking but he is still trying to return from over a year off with a major injury. Capable Tackles are so few and far between in the NFL. 

Getting the dust off my game day chair . hahaha Its at my mother law house , And no one is allowed to sit in . We went on that run when i started watching over there , so if me and my girl split , I got and understanding that i still can come watch at that exact spot . Lol Its my spot

That's some funny stuff man. Do whatever it takes my man, hoping these boys will pull a nice string of wins together in the beginning this year.

For everyone down on Royster, did you all forget about when he was given a chance to play and his 6ypc average? He finished that year really well and doing it behind a terrible offensive line at the time.

You make a good point. Also, he was injured a good part of last year. Just dinged up, he played through it. 

For everyone down on Royster, did you all forget about when he was given a chance to play and his 6ypc average? He finished that year really well and doing it behind a terrible offensive line at the time.

Royster is a better back when running a full load. It's not a discredit to him as much as a credit to the quality we have built in the back field. If AM and Helu were not able to play then I know he can step in and be a quality RB. His recent injury allowed Williams the opportunity to shine some and become a serous threat in earning a spot. IMO, I don't see the power and cut back ability that AM displays, the explosiveness in his runs that Helu provides, or the 3rd down big play making potential that is in Thompson.  

Archived