Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Espn - Kevin Kolb Out With Concussion, Sounds Serious

DeadExField

NFL Network reporting it's too early if it's season or career ending, but Jeff Toul (sp?) will be the week one starter for the Bills

Tuel. (spelling)

Manuel could still be the guy. If it is Jeff Tuel, 1st time since 1967 that an undrafted rookie QB starts the season.

Against New England.

And the Bills have also lost CB Gilmore 6-8 weeks.

Do not cry for Kolb. He got 21 million from the Cards before they bailed on his monster contract. He's living the dream. He should retire now, take his health and enjoy life.

No ones "Crying" for Kolb. The money does not matter. Due to the severity of his concussion on Saturday, plus the issues he's reported to have had in the past, this more than likely does not bode well for his future, when years from now, his concussion issues catch up to him, and he just might not be "Living the dream" you think he is. And it wouldn't have made a difference to me if he were a millionaire or a guy struggling to make ends meet. I'll bet he sure as hell isn't "Living the dream" right now, knowing that his career is possibly over.

He's coming into his 7th year, and he's never played more than 9 games in a season . Yet teams still consider him starting material. It bewilders me. Even when he's healthy he's a mediocre QB.

Next year the Jaguars will bring him in as their franchise savior, book it.

No ones "Crying" for Kolb. The money does not matter. Due to the severity of his concussion on Saturday, plus the issues he's reported to have had in the past, this more than likely does not bode well for his future, when years from now, his concussion issues catch up to him, and he just might not be "Living the dream" you think he is. And it wouldn't have made a difference to me if he were a millionaire or a guy struggling to make ends meet. I'll bet he sure as hell isn't "Living the dream" right now, knowing that his career is possibly over.

Agreed. The man is still relatively young, and if his mental health deteriorates during the course of time as a result of those hits, the millions will be small comfort and be perceived as nothing more than a security blanket to sustain his precarious and undoubtedly expensive condition. He's not going to be living the life of luxury some people think he will.

Agreed. The man is still relatively young, and if his mental health deteriorates during the course of time as a result of those hits, the millions will be small comfort and be perceived as nothing more than a security blanket to sustain his precarious and undoubtedly expensive condition. He's not going to be living the life of luxury some people think he will.

Suspect that those people's point is that the odds of him enjoying the rest of his life are a lot higher, if he quits now. 

Suspect that those people's point is that the odds of him enjoying the rest of his life are a lot higher, if he quits now. 

Right. He does not strike me as the type of guy who is going to end up in the next ESPN Broke profile. He should have enough money to live comfortably for the rest of his life. Which could be a long and healthy one if he stops playing now. That hit was not a huge kill shot, that is the sort of thing that could happen multiple times per game.

Archived