Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Grossman: Wins Boost Everyone's Confidence

If you get down to you're third QB , Then you're chances are slim . Saying all that , I rather have rex than white . White arm is weak , And against first team defense he will be destroyed . At least we know rex can can move the O , And the guys like garcon and moss believe in rex , And that's important . Yes i hate rex just as bad as everyone else , But he's needed on this team . Lol Reed D will not go away either hahahah i been wanted him gone for over 4 years , and I'm finally giving up . You win Reed lol

77, I don't know how I feel about your post lol.  I'm not sure I'm ready to say "he needs to be on the team" because he his presence doesn't help us win AND if we do cut him we can get him back because no one else will pick him up?!  Truthfully, if we get down to using the 3rd QB, the season is over anyway.  At least Pat white can run the read option wihich also moves the O, minus the 2 turnovers rex is guaranteed to create per game.

Not only does he make the team (Doughty), but I have him starting in week one as Meriweather still has not found the field yet. I do not believe that we would start him without any preseason game work (and if he plays Thursday, odds are he will get hurt again). I am still wondering why we haven't moved on from this guy (Meriweather).

Ken- I think we saw our defensive starting 11 on the field saturday starting against the Bills. Rambo and Doughty-safeties/ Hall and Wilson @cb/ Rak,Fletch,Riley, Kerrigam @ LB/ Golston,Cofield Bowen @ Dline

Hail dorrell, I'll make one bet with you buddy about Reed. He'll retire before we cut him as long as we have the same DC. We can wager on a RG3 jersey or something  :P

I think Reed does have value and you know what I was right with you 2 years ago but in the Seattle game I realize what the staff sees in his strengths. Russell was bottled up most the game because Reed cut off every running lane he was looking for in that game. I think we'll be arguing about Reed for another 5 years my friend. 

jdhawk4skins: Bro that was great coaching , No way they where going to put weak Reed in open space . Just like how we are talking about just two players instead of 15 players needing to be replace like three years ago , And no I'm not betting against Reed (Lucky) Doughty . He's what i call house money haahahah he always win . No one knows how , It just happens

Hail Dreday, I say Rex is better right now than Matt Leinhart, Kevin Kolb, Jeff Teul, Pat Devin, Aaron Corp, Tim Tebow, Geno Smith, Greg McElroy, Celeb hanie, Josh Johonson, John Skelton, Chad Henne, Brock Osweller, Daniel Chase, Matt Flynn, Terelle Pryor, David Carr, Josh MCcown, Trent Edwards, Vince Young, Matt Cassell, Dominique Davis, Luke Mcnown, Mike Glennon, Austin Davis, Kellen Clemons, Tavaris Jackson, etc.

Most these QBs will make the roster. I saw you looking at number 3 x 32 but I don't think you looked close enough at the players right now. Grossman is right there with Sanchez IMO. I know you can disagree with that and some of the players I listed. However, you are crazy if you say all those players are better than Rex.

jdhawk4skins: Bro that was great coaching , No way they where going to put weak Reed in open space . Just like how we are talking about just two players instead of 15 players needing to be replace like three years ago , And no I'm not betting against Reed (Lucky) Doughty . He's what i call house money haahahah he always win . No one knows how , It just happens

Well dorrell, no one can call you an easy bet because I have to admit that I've said the same thing about Doughty having nine lives. There were seasons where I thought he was a goner but an injury here or suspension there and puff ...he is on the roster. It's almost too funny how a safety with limited coverage skills can make it this long. However, I disagree about the coaching saving us. Well partly I do since Reed made some really good plays in that game. I think he is actually good at reading QBs and getting the right angle with a guy like Russell if he decides to run down field. Reed to me is like a LB mind in a safety's body. He'd been a pretty good middle LB if he had more size. 

Dang- just saw the Bills are starting Tuel week 1. They are hurting to start that guy, not that it's much of a concern to us.

Manchild, I feel bad for Kolb because he suffered what is called a serious concussion after have many already. I think his career in the NFL is over. 

well the doughty/rex debate continues......................

the rex debate could be over if ole rex ryan puts in a call to get ole rex  with sanchez out (of town)?

as for doughty  not much more that can be said  we have pretty much covered it !!!

these 2 are the last 2 sore spots on the team except u can throw d hall in there when he does something stupid or when the whole d secondary has a brain fart!!!

well the doughty/rex debate continues......................

the rex debate could be over if ole rex ryan puts in a call to get ole rex  with sanchez out (of town)?

as for doughty  not much more that can be said  we have pretty much covered it !!!

these 2 are the last 2 sore spots on the team except u can throw d hall in there when he does something stupid or when the whole d secondary has a brain fart!!!

Hail hail, I no longer see Reed as a sore spot. I really feel after watching games in replay and listening to the coaches that the guy has talent. He is really good in the box and on SP. Reed is only a liability when we are forced to have him in deep coverage. However, I have no issue with him covering short and middle range areas. Again, I felt just like Dorrell and Dreday about Reed for years prior to when I decided to watch him closely and post game replays. 

Hail hail, I no longer see Reed as a sore spot. I really feel after watching games in replay and listening to the coaches that the guy has talent. He is really good in the box and on SP. Reed is only a liability when we are forced to have him in deep coverage. However, I have no issue with him covering short and middle range areas. Again, I felt just like Dorrell and Dreday about Reed for years prior to when I decided to watch him closely and post game replays. 

if we start doughty the sheagles will running the fast break offense and if we have doughty in deep coverage ,we're toast but if he is in the box we're okay hopefullly we can substitute players as needed

if we start doughty the sheagles will running the fast break offense and if we have doughty in deep coverage ,we're toast but if he is in the box we're okay hopefullly we can substitute players as needed

That is true if Chip Kelly's offense was based on deep pass routes but that is not what Chip Kelly runs. He is a guy that runs over 70% of the time and then relies on quick routes (aka west coast) and very few down and out routes on the sideline. Reed would be fine starting against Chip Kelly.. Now if we are talking about Green Bay? Yeah, I'd really be worried.

That is true if Chip Kelly's offense was based on deep pass routes but that is not what Chip Kelly runs. He is a guy that runs over 70% of the time and then relies on quick routes (aka west coast) and very few down and out routes on the sideline. Reed would be fine starting against Chip Kelly.. Now if we are talking about Green Bay? Yeah, I'd really be worried.

well i really don't think we'll have a problem with philly ,Rg3 will rip them up or cousins will  they still have a weak d!!!

well i really don't think we'll have a problem with philly ,Rg3 will rip them up or cousins will  they still have a weak d!!!

I THINK you are probably right Hail. I do have some concerns we are dealing with an unknown (aka RG3 last season with NO). I personally like Reed on our team now but I didn't see it that way in the past. I wish we didn't need Rex but when Cousins got hurt his value became a necessity. I'll be floored looking for ICU if we lose to Philly in the first game.

I THINK you are probably right Hail. I do have some concerns we are dealing with an unknown (aka RG3 last season with NO). I personally like Reed on our team now but I didn't see it that way in the past. I wish we didn't need Rex but when Cousins got hurt his value became a necessity. I'll be floored looking for ICU if we lose to Philly in the first game.

they (the media) are so ready to give the game to philly  they forgot we are fielding the same team that wupped there...... last year and it will take more than a new offensive scheme to even get close!!!

if it was beck or grossman starting yeah i might as well watch the game in the emergency room!!!

Canadianfanforlife: Yes you don't last in the NFL without something , But in this case yes . Injuries , And Jackson drug test is the reason he's on the team . He was gone last year and then jackson failed a drug test and merriweather got hurt hahaha LMAO for real . Its just funny ..... And where not blitzing that much this year by the way it looks . I hope he proves me wrong tho

With all due respect, you can make what ever reasons you want, but the fact is the coaching staff that gets paid to make decisions keeps this guy around. I am sorry, I realize the fans think they know everything about these players, but you only see a few minutes on Sundays and maybe some footage of some practices. If you are real lucky you get to see a few practices live. Also, you have no idea what plays were called, what the coverages were, and who really had responsibility.

In the end, the coaches see these guys every working minute of every day. Sometimes the decision to keep players is not always just about their play on the field. It's about chemistry, being a teammate, laying it down for the other guy when you know it may hurt your chances of making the team.

From what I hear the coaches say, doughty is a selfless, hard working dude that does everything he is asked. Everyone in the locker room likes and respects him. the young guys look to him for advice. He never complains all he does is say Ok coach whatever you need me to do. Ok, his cover skills are weak, but he plays the run well, tackles much better than people realize (I showed once already that in 2011 when he was really getting killed, he either led the team or was 2nd in tackling every game he started but 1 (I believe that was 9 games), and is a beast on special teams. And yes, with all the injuries, his versatility has been invaluable. Don't forget, he was playing safety when our D went from giving up 28.3 pts/gm to 20.1 /gm last year. He even started the last 4 of those games!

Sorry, but this constant trashing of doughty is getting tiresome. So what if he made the team due to injuries. There are about 2000 or more Safety wanna-bes that have played some professional ball that the coaches have access to, yet they stick with Doughty. Don;t you think that maybe, just maybe if they knew of someone better they wouldn't go get him? And maybe just maybe they know something we don't????

Ok rant is over. Go ahead and pile on. I can take it....   :-)

Welcome to the dark side of seeing the value of both doughty and rex!!   I know it was tough, but you made the journey.  Don't you feel better now? the universe just seems more in tune. 

Ok, just kidding. But I think you are maybe seeing what some of us have been saying for a while now. While they may not be the best at their positions, they may even drive you nuts sometimes, but you need guys that are average and workmanlike, that the team has chemistry with, and genuinely like having on the team. It's an invaluable asset.

@goskins: Bro I know I don't see what the coaches see , but I still have my opinion . Who's the weakest starter against philly ? Polumbus and reed , So tell me I'm wrong . I didn't make excuses , merely stated facts . Jackson fail drug test , Merriweather injury , brestine injured , thomas injured , M.williams oh my god Reed better than him .LMAO

And nobodies ranting about Reed . I just can't believe a person that can't cover still playing safety in the NFL . We all have our players who we think shouldn't make the team . Don't we ?

Sorry my friend but not only you but many rant on Doughty all season every season. They almost never recognize the good plays that he makes. They just keep saying he can't cover, he can't cover. Most of that is due to one throw against Andre Johnson that Champ Bailey would have gotten beat!

There are safeties all over the NFL that can't cover! They are called back-ups!  There is a reason they are back--ups but you still need depth.

Yes, we all have players we disagree with. But Doughty gets killed every year adnauseum. Especially is this idea that he completely and totally sucks when there is data shows that is just not true. He is just the fans whipping boy. 

well the rants could be worse ,in the past we had some classics .

snyder , haynesworthless, mcnugget ,cerrato  and many others provided a mountain of material!!!

the fact we are debating/ranting about backups just goes to show far we have positively progressed !

well the rants could be worse ,in the past we had some classics .

snyder , haynesworthless, mcnugget ,cerrato  and many others provided a mountain of material!!!

the fact we are debating/ranting about backups just goes to show far we have positively progressed !

OK, you win the award of doing the best job of making a silk purse out a sows ear!! I really had another analogy that I like better but such language is frowned upon here, rightfully so! lol  But that's one of the most awesome posts I have seen in quite a while, well except for mine..  :-) 

I will only offer one statement. All those guys deserved every thing they got. Snyder until he got football guys was one of the worst owners in football (although his desire to spend money and win was/is often overlooked), haynesworth was a fat lazy pig who we are still paying for, mcblabb was a good idea that never worked out since he thought he was smarter than everyone else. I don't have enough time or energy to talk about all the problems with vinnie cerrato as "GM". He systematically destroyed the team with snyders blessing.

My whole point is that I believe while certainly no where near perfect, doughty and rex take way too many beatings, much of it undeserved.

OK, you win the award of doing the best job of making a silk purse out a sows ear!! I really had another analogy that I like better but such language is frowned upon here, rightfully so! lol  But that's one of the most awesome posts I have seen in quite a while, well except for mine..  :-) 

I will only offer one statement. All those guys deserved every thing they got. Snyder until he got football guys was one of the worst owners in football (although his desire to spend money and win was/is often overlooked), haynesworth was a fat lazy pig who we are still paying for, mcblabb was a good idea that never worked out since he thought he was smarter than everyone else. I don't have enough time or energy to talk about all the problems with vinnie cerrato as "GM". He systematically destroyed the team with snyders blessing.

My whole point is that I believe while certainly no where near perfect, doughty and rex take way too many beatings, much of it undeserved.

yeah snyder finally wised up ,haynesworthless is opening some kind of burger joint,mcnugget is still ticked .

at shannahan ,sticking his nose into Rg3's business,Vinnies follies  nuff said  ,i stared a thread on another board  called vinnies all star (Idud) team  where the members went into great detail on it 

although doughty and rex aren't the best players they are not the worst  at their positions  there were some that were worse and they were on our team recently

goskins10 : Dude come on , Everybody knows i will be rooting with all my heart for Doughty . I simply made one statement that Rex should make the team over white , And Oh yeah Reed Doughty made it again . It snowball from that , But nowhere on this thread i just totally beat down Doughty . I'm simply amazed at his ability to last . Nothing more , And its nothing wrong with a little disagreement

goskins10 : Dude come on , Everybody knows i will be rooting with all my heart for Doughty . I simply made one statement that Rex should make the team over white , And Oh yeah Reed Doughty made it again . It snowball from that , But nowhere on this thread i just totally beat down Doughty . I'm simply amazed at his ability to last . Nothing more , And its nothing wrong with a little disagreement

I kick Rexy around as much as the next guy but as a 3rd string qb he's fine, just hope it doesn't come down to him playing a series of games with a noarrow win lead while waiting for the other 2 qbs are mending. This message board will be on fire with Rex bashing.

Another note, I agree, we're not supposed to agree with every point on this team but we are all in agreement how much we love our team. If everybody agreed on every post I'd have to part ways cause it would be a little sickening.

Archived