Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Grossman: Wins Boost Everyone's Confidence

By and large the guys looked pretty darned good last night. But even with a lot of good performances there were a couple of players who didn't help their prospects of making the roster. Will Montgomery had better stay healthy because Kevin Matthews just won't cut it as his backup. And though Chris Thompson had a nice runback, his second fumble in three games has most likely relegated his status to Practice Squad at best. Besides, Keiland Williams has looked good in the pre-season games as the #3 RB. Helu will be the #2 -- don't know where Evan Royster will end up.

Hey, is anyone else impressed with Tom Compton? They have only played him at LT and he has done very well, but I would sure like to see him get a crack at RT in place of Polumbus.

well this may be too early but we seem to be where we want to be ,looking back gibbs coming back did 3 things ,changed the culture and probably advised snyder  to quit imitating GM jerry and then realizing vinnie couldn't evaluate talent even at cake baking contest!!!

Allen and Shannahan have fixed things in 3 short years that vinnie couldn't in a 100!!

granted there was a few bumps ,mcnugget (which he can't keep his mctrap shut)and fat Albert (which i heard he is opening some kind of burger joint) ,whats going to be called 40 million dollar burgers ,quite fitting his hero the pillsbury dough boy !!!

he played like him on the field soft and gassed out now he can turn on the gas and bake biscuits 40 million worth(less)!!!

By and large the guys looked pretty darned good last night. But even with a lot of good performances there were a couple of players who didn't help their prospects of making the roster. Will Montgomery had better stay healthy because Kevin Matthews just won't cut it as his backup. And though Chris Thompson had a nice runback, his second fumble in three games has most likely relegated his status to Practice Squad at best. Besides, Keiland Williams has looked good in the pre-season games as the #3 RB. Helu will be the #2 -- don't know where Evan Royster will end up. Hey, is anyone else impressed with Tom Compton? They have only played him at LT and he has done very well, but I would sure like to see him get a crack at RT in place of Polumbus.

IMO we will not play Tom Compton at RT until T. Williams is 100% healthy, the more time he gets at LT the better he seems to get, we may have a "gem" in the making. As for Royster vs. K. Williams, one of them is trade bait as both can be a 3rd RB on most teams. Kevin Matthews started off good in camp, then faded in preseason games, my guess is that other teams had found his weakness. While I think Polumbus is OK, I am concerned when Pat White is in with him at RT, but so far Pat White has been very good at moving early and keeping the DE/OLB guessing what he is doing.

If this is a sign of things to come then this is going to be the best year we've seen in a very long time. Almost everything went well on both sides of the ball. Grossman & White both moved the ball well & had complete command  of the game. The D allowing only 8 1st downs & 155 total yards is pretty impressive. Something we didn't see last year. Even ST's played well. Forbath is really showing his improved leg strength & showcasing his accuracy. 

The thing I would like to see improved heading into the regular season would have to be the penalties. That's the #1 thing that will keep the O in long yardage situations & kill any momentum or continuing the other teams drive with a 1st down when it should have been 4th. It'll really hurt when points are taken off the board because of them. You just have to play smarter than that. Those are mental things that only the player can work on.  

HTTR!!!

D Tapp has looked very well this preseason and I like him and his attitude what a great person!

You hit the nail right on the head, go look at any interview with this guy and you see a humble young man who gets it. When he signed with us I gave him about a 20% chance to make this team, now I would say it is about 90% and he seems to be getting better. Good Luck Mr. Tapp and I hope you are a Redskin in 2013.

Depth is the primary requirement of a super bowl capable team; if you don't have depth the probability of injuries taking you out of the running are extremely high, even if your 1st team is loaded with quality players. This team has extremely impressive depth - a big way to go to Shanahan & Allen.

It is a great time to be a Redskin fan.

OK, Here is my list of 1st round CUTS: Anunoby DL, Ashworth OL, Brace DT, Elmore LB, Gumbs DB, Hamilton DT, Mouton DB, Murphy CB, Ogbuehi TE, Reeves WR, So'oto LB, Steven OL, Sturdivant LB. I am also planning on placing the following on IR: Robinson LB, Jamison RB, Kimbrough LB. What say you Redskins nation, Who are your 1st round CUTS.

Where did all this depth come from? Well a quick review of the last 4 Redskins drafts (2010 to 2013) will show that everyone single one of them are still in the NFL or where hurt after making the team or stayed in the NFL for 2 years. For a team with 21 total picks in the 5th,6th and 7th round that is outstanding understanding of what is required to make it in the NFL today. One of the knocks on Coach Shanny coming back to the NFL was that the game had passed him by, not so says the data as this year we will be forced to cut players that other teams will be waiting to pick up. Even the guys we hope to clear waivers and get to the Practice Squad will be targeted even thou in some cases we have tried to hide them from the all seeing "eye in the sky" (game tape). The CUT to 53 is going to be hard and then holding our breath waiting the 24 hours for 8 guys to clear waivers will be harder yet. ALL IN ALL, I would say it is a great time to be a Redskins fan.

OK, Here is my list of 1st round CUTS: Anunoby DL, Ashworth OL, Brace DT, Elmore LB, Gumbs DB, Hamilton DT, Mouton DB, Murphy CB, Ogbuehi TE, Reeves WR, So'oto LB, Steven OL, Sturdivant LB. I am also planning on placing the following on IR: Robinson LB, Jamison RB, Kimbrough LB. What say you Redskins nation, Who are your 1st round CUTS.

I like Gumbs and Murphy personally, I like your list though!

Hey maybe we can trade Rex Grossman now while he has some value? NOT!! Rex sucks, let's be honest. Against a better team in the regular season those 2 balls he threw which hit the defenders in the hands would got picked off! They can talk about rex's knowledge of the O and him being a mentor all day, but the facts still remain is even with all the talent we have on this team, if he was our starter for 16 games or even a large portion of the season WE WOULD NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS! Why? Because he will turn the ball over TWICE a game, it's that simple. LOL what kills me the most is when people refer back to the 1 Superbowl he played in?? I remember that year vividly, and rex didn't win one game for the Bears!! The games they actually won were the games Rex almost loss for them. They ran the ball and bubble screen their way to the SB and Rex loss that SB in the end.

LOL WHEW, now that I got that off my chest, I am very very very proud of the direction that our Skins are heading in!! There is depth at almost EVERY position. I'm a little concerned about the safety position. Hopefully Merriweather is good by the start of the season. We have a decent group of WR's and the O-line looks amazing compared to 3 years ago. Bad news is, like it or not we probably lose RB's this year (due to cut downs) that we will most likely compete against (NFC rivals) THIS YEAR! Finally, I think our nickel package (3rd down D) is going to be a problem for people this year! They're some certified KILLAS that will do nothing but improve and impress. HAIL NATION!

Hey maybe we can trade Rex Grossman now while he has some value? NOT!! Rex sucks, let's be honest. Against a better team in the regular season those 2 balls he threw which hit the defenders in the hands would got picked off! They can talk about rex's knowledge of the O and him being a mentor all day, but the facts still remain is even with all the talent we have on this team, if he was our starter for 16 games or even a large portion of the season WE WOULD NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS! Why? Because he will turn the ball over TWICE a game, it's that simple. LOL what kills me the most is when people refer back to the 1 Superbowl he played in?? I remember that year vividly, and rex didn't win one game for the Bears!! The games they actually won were the games Rex almost loss for them. They ran the ball and bubble screen their way to the SB and Rex loss that SB in the end. LOL WHEW, now that I got that off my chest, I am very very very proud of the direction that our Skins are heading in!! There is depth at almost EVERY position. I'm a little concerned about the safety position. Hopefully Merriweather is good by the start of the season. We have a decent group of WR's and the O-line looks amazing compared to 3 years ago. Bad news is, like it or not we probably lose RB's this year (due to cut downs) that we will most likely compete against (NFC rivals) THIS YEAR! Finally, I think our nickel package (3rd down D) is going to be a problem for people this year! They're some certified KILLAS that will do nothing but improve and impress. HAIL NATION!

Dre- I'm so tired of watching our receivers getting killed out there because Rex can't throw the medium to long ball without them having to slow down, stop, or come back to the ball because his doughy, pudgy ass is so out of shape. Yesterday is about as good as Rex can look and he should have had 2 interceptions.

The problem lies with Kyle, will he allow daddy to do what's right and cut Rex that's to be seen? I would cut both him and White and keep the best 53 and IMO neither of these two are in the top 53. I don't want to hear the what if RG3 and Kirk gets hurt, by then you have a big problem and neither of these guys will  fix that problem!

oh boy this is where we left off from the old format ,.rex is rex there is nothing we can do ,the problem he does well enough to think we got it made then at the unopportune times he brain farts and boom turns the ball over . but not like years past we have an option , enter white a lefty lesser clone of RG3 seems to be doing well but  is it enough to unseat rex .

you need 3 qbs we found out last when RG3 was hurt and the texans were down to their 3rd  qb going into the playoffs the year before !!!

If you get down to you're third QB , Then you're chances are slim . Saying all that , I rather have rex than white . White arm is weak , And against first team defense he will be destroyed . At least we know rex can can move the O , And the guys like garcon and moss believe in rex , And that's important . Yes i hate rex just as bad as everyone else , But he's needed on this team . Lol Reed D will not go away either hahahah i been wanted him gone for over 4 years , and I'm finally giving up . You win Reed lol

If you get down to you're third QB , Then you're chances are slim . Saying all that , I rather have rex than white . White arm is weak , And against first team defense he will be destroyed . At least we know rex can can move the O , And the guys like garcon and moss believe in rex , And that's important . Yes i hate rex just as bad as everyone else , But he's needed on this team . Lol Reed D will not go away either hahahah i been wanted him gone for over 4 years , and I'm finally giving up . You win Reed lol

hail dorrell,i'm really begining to think doughty and rex are both like super glue,  sticking  everywhere but where you want it!!! lol!!!

I hate R. Crawford went down . Like what he was bringing to the table . Now i guess Thompson the punt return man , And biggers make the team ?

Biggers has surprisingly been coming on in that nickel package. Made a nice play in the backfield tipping a pass. I think he makes the team.

Archived