Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Deadspin: How Espn Pulled A Bs Colin Kaepernick Story Out Of Mid-Air

kevinklein

This is pretty quality-- and it also offers a bit of insight into Jaws and his role in ESPN, and why he says some of the off-the-wall stuff he says.

http://deadspin.com/how-espn-manufactures-a-story-colin-kaepernick-edition-1185400028

By pulling out of its partnership with Frontline, ESPN reminded us, yet again, where its newsroom stands. It's second fiddle to the company's business interests. So, let's show you what the flagship show of ESPN's newsroom does in lieu of participating in a documentary that the NFL is afraid of. It's a story that the NFL could only be thrilled with. Watch the video above and let's take you step-by-step through how ESPN contrives and then covers a story that doesn't even exist.

Step 1: Ron Jaworski goes on SportsCenter Wednesday at a little after noon and says something absolutely ridiculous: "I truly believe Colin Kaepernick could be one of the greatest quarterbacks ever."

Step 2SportsCenter replays that clip less than an hour later. "Strong words from Jaws!"

Step 3: A reporter at 49ers camp asks Colin Kaepernick, "Ron Jaworski said today he thought you could be the greatest quarterback of all-time, the best quarterback ever. How do you deal with praise and stuff in this off-season and what not?" That full question—and Kaepernick's response—are later broadcast on SportsCenter.

Click the link above to keep reading.

The media, especially the sports media, loves to insert themselves into the story. Its amazing how much of ESPN consists of reporters interviewing reporters about the opinions of reporters. They also bait players into saying things they can freak out about and blatantly start rumors.

I'm glad NBCSN and Fox Sports 1, and also CBS Sports Network are around. ESPN is still falling off, and will continue to fall off in my opinion. Glad NBCSN has the bulk of the Barclays Premiere League and ESPN doesn't. The bias at that network is unreal and making **** up as they go. 

People are dumb, but after awhile, even dumb people start to get pissed when you continue to basically call them stupid to their face.  Between being a Heat fan and a Skins fan, there is only so much ESPN that I can take these days. May not happen for a few years, but eventually they are going to get knocked down a peg or two. They've completely let themselves go.

Archived