Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How High Would You Take Rg3 In Fantasy Football?

truskinsfan18

Draft  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you take him?

• First pick
    • Top 5
    • Top 10
    • Top 20
    • After the 30th pick

I wouldn't take him in the first two rounds of a 10 team standard. The main reason he was so dominant in fantasy last year was because of his rushing yards and rushing tds they are huge bonus's .....I don't think there is any chance he runs the ball nearly as much as last year

Even if you think he is worthy of a top 5 pick, DO NOT take him in the top 5 - wait until the 3rd round at least because you will still get him and will be able to use your early draft choice on a RB.

Supply AND Demand - the demand for RG3 is third round or later.

Even if you think he is worthy of a top 5 pick, DO NOT take him in the top 5 - wait until the 3rd round at least because you will still get him and will be able to use your early draft choice on a RB.

You sure he will last that long? He was definitely a top 3 QB in FF last year.

You sure he will last that long? He was definitely a top 3 QB in FF last year.

Well, if you are drafting with other Skins fans, then I definitely can't be sure. Most mock drafts I have seen have have him going much later though - like 4th or 5th round (sometimes even later than that) - this year, people are REALLY worried about the lack of depth at RB and often 20 out of the first 24 picks are RBs already.

Plus, throw in the fact that there are plenty of good QBs in the league and drafting someone other than RG3 in the later rounds means only a slight falloff as opposed to having to start a backup RB, and you can see why RG3 is lower on the list. Not only is he not the highest rated QB, but more importantly, QBs will tend to go later overall (except for the guys in your league who draft Rodgers and Brees in the 1st/2nd rounds)

Honestly, as much as I love RG3, I would LOVE to see someone else take him in the top 5 and leave me more options at RB and WR - then I'll just take Manning or Newton later.

We have a nice fantasy football thread over in the tailgate that might be able to help you with your draft...

But to answer your question. Don't draft RG3 until at least the 3rd round. Not only is it a possiblility that RG3 won't put up the amount of stats he put up last year, there are just too many decent options at QB to take one in the first round. I mean if Rodgers or Brees is there in the 2nd, you take them. Other than those two, nobody is worth drafting until the 2nd round. Get you some running backs first.

All it takes is one owner to make his demand higher than the third round.  It all depends on if you think you can get similar value later. If you don't then you have to take him.

I'm in two 12 team standard leagues.  He has not been drafted before the 4th round in either.  Cam, Kaep, Rogers, Brees, Manning, Brady, were all drafted ahead of him.  I took him 3rd overall in the 4th in one league, and 9th overall in the 4th in another.  I think he may have even slipped into the 5th if I didn't take him.  These people are also good fantasy players, not duds.  I think I got good value, but of course that's predicated on his rushing and health. 

I completely and utterly disagree with this assertion that 10 will dip from last year. 

His running yards may go down, but he'll still be a serious weapon with his legs. Make NO mistake about that. We can talk all we like about being more savvy with him but when you have that special, special dual threat he brings to the table we'd be absolutely crazy to real that in. And I have no doubt Kyle will open up the playbook this year and we'll see far more from Roberts arm. And when you factor in this D, he's gona' be on the offensive a heck of a lot next year. 

I'd have NO qualms taking RGIII as the first QB off the board. 

Hail. 

First of QB position is so deep you should not take any QB till the 5th or 6th round. And in every draft I've seen RG3 has lasted at least till the 5th almost every time. People are scared of his injury which I'm glad people are scared of him. I was blessed by getting him in the 9th round last season along with AP and Calvin Johnson. I killed everyone last season.

Holy cow, have you guys been doing any mocks?  No QB should go in the top 5, let alone first couple of rounds.

I have RG3 as my 6th ranked QB, but I wouldn't take him until at least the 6th rd in a 12 man, simply because there are so many good QBs this year.

Rodgers

Brees

Manning

Brady

Cam

RG

Stafford

Caep

Luck

Wilson

Ryan

Romo sits to pee

So would you rather have Romo sits to pee in the 8th or RG whereever you may have to reach for him?

In a 12 man league he can be had round 4-6 range which is good value. If there was an early run on QBs and I'm picking in the 3rd with Luck, Wilson, Kaep., Stafford as my next available options then the homer in me would take RG3 in the 3rd rather than take one of those others in the 4th.

well i think this is two seperate questions...

What round should RG3 get picked? 4-6 rounds depending if there were any runs on the QBs

and...

What round should you pick RG3 to ensure that you have him as your starting FF QB and have more fun this year? Definitely pick him up either in the mid 3rd round to early 4th round unless you are bunch of Redskins fans in your league.  In that case then he is a mid 2nd to early 3rd round pick.

I had the 10th pick in a 12 team league, where TD passes only get 4 points (therefore pure passing qbs are devalued). By the time it got to me in the 3rd, there had been a run on qbs, and I was targeting Dalton around the 6th, but I went for it. He was absolutely BPA

Archived