Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo

Petland Fairfax- Parvo Warning


Recommended Posts

Yes I HATE this store for selling puppy mill puppies but please do not take your dog there and if you touch a dog there wash your hands! If it was up to me no one would go there!  THEY SUCK!




FAIRFAX CITY, Va. (WJLA) - A local family is searching for answers after a dachshund puppy it purchased in Fairfax City died shortly after they brought it home.

Suzanne and Tom Higgs helped their son and his roommate buy Snoopy, an 11-week old puppy, over a week ago from a Petland pet store. Within a couple of days, Snoopy was sick with parvovirus, a deadly virus that attacked his digestive system. Thirty-six hours after he initially got sick, Snoopy was dead.

Petland’s owners said Snoopy was given a clean bill of health by a certified veterinarian and that no other dogs at the kennel are sick. The owners said Snoopy contracted the parvovirus from the parvo vaccine he received before he arrived in their store. Veterinarian Katy Nelson disagreed with that theory and said the parvo vaccine does not trigger the virus.

“It's my opinion this disease was already on board and it turned into an active state of the disease,” she said.



Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...