Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Breaking Espn: Vick Named Eagles Starter

ballin2041

I live in Philly and have watched some of both of the eagles preseason games

Make no mistake, that offense is gonna give teams fits.

McCoy for instance is gonna have Alfred Morris like stats if he stays healthy

That said, the redskins defense has seen all the read option looks in practice and have been game planning 9 months for Kelly's offense

Play the over in week one

I will say that this game is literally the ONLY game on the sched that scares the **** out of me just because of the unknown.

That said, I've seen a lot of Eagles fans start the "Blow for Bridgewater" campaign.

Hopefully we can help them get there and someone well outside of the division drafts him, lol. 

Oooh, I'm scurred!  Man, everyone keep thinking that damn MNF game.  Big deal, so he had one "career" game against us.  We've handled him since then.  If anything, THEY should be afraid of RG3.  They didn't have a damn answer for him last year and he's chomping at the bit to get in a game.

Eagles' running a million plays will give us fits, but here's another view:

They will have 320+ lb linemen running to the line of scrimmage for 60 minutes while we cycle in fresh pass rushers. 

Jason Peters, who Eagle fans think is far and away the best LT in the game, is always hurt and hasnt played i preseason. Think he's gonna be able to run all game and stay healthy?

All Desean can do is run fly routes, he'll get tired. 

Look at Oregon's stats under Kelly vs SEC defenses. 

I think with the rookies on defense, we may have issues early on in the game with the Eagles game speed, but there is absolutely no way they can play at that pace all game, and hopefully Has will make certain adjustments at halftime to negate some of Kelly's offensive schemes.

That said, the Eagles will still have to deal with OUR OFFENSE and imo they will have to keep up with US, and not the other way around. As much as their offense is built on speed and a college offense, their defense has not seen RG3 2.0 yet and I'm pretty sure we'll put up 40 on them like we did in the opener last year. Vick will probably try to force things once they realize that they are playing catchup to us, and Amerson will have his first career interception in the second half to seal the game.

That is going to be a tough game, the pace of the offense and the plays that they run will drive defenses crazy. Have you guys watched any of the Eagles preseason games?  Its vanilla but even those plays were crazy, i saw some of the same plays he ran at Oregon, believe it or not the run aspect of that spread is going to be the bread and butter, and shady Mccoy is going to have career numbers just based off what I have seen so far. 

Keep in mind the read option aspect of the offense has the same effect on our D as it does on other teams that the Redskins play, it will basically neutralize the great pass rush that the Skins will look to have. The other thing I'm worried about is the fatigue factor and ability to get the right calls in once they go into that fast pace O.

Lost in all the hype over Kelly and the new O is the fact that their D is switching to the 3-4. We have seen how that goes, it is usually a pretty rough transition. How are they going to stop the #1 Rush O? How are they going to deal with Morris after a couple of Eagle 45 second 3 and outs? With Vick at QB there will be 3 and outs.

Sure their O may cause some problems but dwelling on that is old battered Redskin fan thinking. We have one of the elite Os in the league. Don't ask how are we going to deal with them, ask how are they going to deal with us.

Archived