Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Dig Deep For Home Opener Win

Ugh, too many guys injured last night and with a short week not the best scenario. Grossman can still run the 1st team offense.

lets hope we get more good rex than bad rex,he might be able to run the 1st team offense but can't run get out of trouble ,runs like a duck with a broken foot

A real mixed bag last night, Grossman still can not be trusted not to do something dumb, Bigger's got beat like a drum, Gomes is hearing Rambo's foot steps for his roster spot and is making mistakes, Orakpo and Meriweather couldn't find the field due to injury, both of our draft pick RB's had first game nerves, RT still looks to be a problem, Crawford dropped a pick six, Minnifield had a step backwards,way to many turn overs and the injury Bug is back just to name a few things that required cleaning up. The good news is that Pat White should make the 75 man roster cut, Helu showed break away speed, Hankerson seems to be getting it, Amerson and Rambo both play well, 13 guys had a REC, 8 guys had a RUSH (but 3 were QB's), The pass rush seemed better (but the Pitt O-Line is not much), Sky Dawson flashed a bit, O-Line played OK and Grossman had good numbers (if you remove 2 plays). My feeling was that we were just out of SIC last night, trying all kind of combo of guys who were all looking to flash on their own a bit. This can happen in preseason when guys start to feel that they have not done a lot and time is starting to run out. (Plus Pittsburgh can make any team look bad by out hitting them, which they did)Saturdays game will give us a better a better read on what the Coach is thinking as bubble guys will not play until the last preseason game. IMO this game was a wash out for learning much of anything.

If you didn't learn or reaffirm suspicions or interest about Redskin players last night then I would find a way to watch it again. Cofield, Kerrigan, Golston, B.Jenkins, Bowen, Tapp had tremendous nights, that is if you watch and not just when they call out their name. Minnefield had a slip up but he also caused the opposition to throw the other way. Rambo and Amerson played physical and I'm confident they are going to find a way to get better each game. Actually the whole defense played better last night against a better team than last week . Our defensive front manhandled some of the best offensive linemen in the NFL last night.

Rex was still Rex. He may not have looked bad but he was still up to his old ways. You are GUARANTEED to see him throw at least 1 INT/game....at the most inopportune time. No thanks....I'd rather roll with White.

HTTR!!!

1 interception a game is a career low night for Rex. Please don't let this year hang in the balance of Rex Grossman playing regular season for us. Another preseason game will be ok though, like to see White get a full half.

I would question calling the Pittsburgh Steelers O-Line (or any one of them) some of the best in the NFL. Over the past 2 years the Steelers have been trying to fix this area of major concern without success. If our front seven didn't look good last night, they were never going to. Trying to grade out our defense going against a team still trying to find a RB and O-line problems the size of Texas is not a smart thing to do. Anytime you turn the ball over as many times as we did, you should lose. The main reason we didn't was Pittsburgh's bad O line play and not putting points on the board (not because our front 7 was so great). That is why I say this game was a wash, and not a great insight of things to come!

I will say I was impressed with D Tapp and L Hankerson last night hope these two guys can step up and contribute for our team. I was not impressed at all with Josh LeRibeus, as much as I hate to say it looks like this was not such a great 3rd round pick.

i viewed the game on the nfl network for a while ,fell asleep and woike up  the  colts game was on.

kerrigan aint no fluke looking forward to him doing it all over the cowpies ,sheagles and tinys this season.

still really didn't see turnoversaurus rex play but it sounds like he was up to his old tricks ,goodrex/badrex.

did see the his td to hankerson on the news, good thing he has a long reach , rex over threw it '

polumbus got beat so bad on pass play it looked like he was dancing a pirouette .

the defense looked pretty good over all to what i saw before i dosed off.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1744183-will-steelers-o-line-doom-ben-roethlisberger-offense-yet-again, just one of many on Pittsburgh's issues at O-line (remember, you never get fired for having concerns, but issues will get you everytime!

Interesting article Ken. We'll see how our defense stacks against the Bills on Satuday albeit with Cofield. Hoping that Haslett was right that this defense is going to be very good.

Archived