Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Politico: Eve Of Destruction (Republicans Have Reasons To Panic)

SkinsHokieFan

I don't think its a moderate vs centrist vs rightwing issue at all.

Its a religious and racial issue right now. It is the old white guy party who loves to blame things on the "other"

The GOP of 1995 has its President with Obama in office. The 2 establishment of both parties are 100 percent locked together on national security issues, so that is a push. You have your outliers like Paul and Sanders, but that is it.

One party is more corporate (the Dems) the other just downright scary crazy (GOP) 

When your state legislatures are passing anti-Shariah bills and think every Mosque is a base for the Muslim brotherhood, there are serious issues. 

What an intelligent post.  

It fit the posts I replied to  :)

I'm curious how a gov reinstates a law already passed and the AG takes credit for it though......of course he will probably be the new governor

How big is ya'lls middle if Romney is not a centrist Mad Mike? :lol:

http://www.economist.com/economist-asks/mitt-romney-centrist

http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?cht=bhg&chs=310x60&chf=bg%2Cs%2CEEF3F7&chbh=23%2C4&chm=t+57%25+Yes%2C666666%2C0%2C0%2C13%2C%7Ct+43%25+No%2C666666%2C1%2C0%2C13&chd=t%3A57%7C43&chds=0%2C136&chxr=0%2C100&chco=58AC00%2CCC2F34&backgroundColor=f2f1d6

Romney is the ultimate "Pander Bear" (to steal a phrase from a far better Massachusetts politician). People can label him a centrist, a rightwing fanatic, a Rino...and whatever label you feel most appropriate, there are plenty of his own quotes to back up your assessment. There's a good reason why despite all his money he lost every single election he ran in save one, and that was only because he rode in on the popular William Weld's coattails.

It fit the posts I replied to  :)

I'm curious how a gov reinstates a law already passed and the AG takes credit for it though......of course he will probably be the new governor

How big is ya'lls middle if Romney is not a centrist Mad Mike? :lol:

http://www.economist.com/economist-asks/mitt-romney-centrist

http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?cht=bhg&chs=310x60&chf=bg%2Cs%2CEEF3F7&chbh=23%2C4&chm=t+57%25+Yes%2C666666%2C0%2C0%2C13%2C%7Ct+43%25+No%2C666666%2C1%2C0%2C13&chd=t%3A57%7C43&chds=0%2C136&chxr=0%2C100&chco=58AC00%2CCC2F34&backgroundColor=f2f1d6

It doesn't fit the post you replied to at all.  And putting a smiley on a post doesn't make up for posting like an ass.

Assuming that you quoted the best part, why?

Just thought it was a good representative quote. 

The piece is framed in comedy but the dumbing down (often accompanied by religious indoctrination - see creationism) of our children is reminiscent of the Taliban's tactics for controlling the population.

SHF, for all that some folks like to celebrate our enlightened culture as simply superior to all others, the cynic in me thinks we are a relatively thin line away from returning to similar hideous "but justified" things on a scale more associated with a couple hundred years ago.

But the cynic is usually over-ridden by the belief that there are way too many people of most any major demographic who simply will not stand for it. I do experience some apprehension when I look at some major aspects of the religious vein in the USA. It became more prominent in my thoughts the last 5-6 years as the "religious right" and so much (to me) crazy/weird (and even occasionally sick) thinking was evidenced by major leaders like Santorum, Perry, Palin, Bachmann and others, emerging from their personal religious convictions, and all that getting such substantial traction within one of our two major parties.

Dems have all their own signature BS (and much BS is obviously shared between the two), but many generally perceived as "Christian religious crazies" (or devout believers or activists driven by their faith--"eye of the beholder" and all) are fairly framed as more a featured right-side staple.

I'll leave attempts to discuss racism demographically to others so motivated.

Sorta a case in point. A friend sent this to me and I thought it was satire.

A significant chunk of Louisiana Republicans evidently believe that

President Barack Obama is to blame for the poor response to the

hurricane that ravaged their state more than three years before he took

office.

The latest survey from Democratic-leaning Public Policy Polling,

provided exclusively to TPM, showed an eye-popping divide among

Republicans in the Bayou State when it comes to accountability for the

government's post-Katrina blunders.

Twenty-eight percent said they think former President George W. Bush,

who was in office at the time, was more responsible for the poor

federal response while 29 percent said Obama, who was still a freshman

U.S. Senator when the storm battered the Gulf Coast in 2005, was more

responsible.

Maybe a good percentage of that demographic remember the "Brownie, you're doing a heckuva job" line and assumed it referred to Obama.

It doesn't fit the post you replied to at all.  And putting a smiley on a post doesn't make up for posting like an ass.

I cant bring myself to reply any more to some of the insanity (climate denial, republicans as centrists) he is posting. 

We all post ass at times.  :D

I didn't think that was one of those times. 

I wish my frequent use of smilies compensated for my horrible demeanor and conduct. ^_^  

Archived