Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jim Haslett Talks Live At The Podium

Regarding Tapp; who Haslett praised often in this video, Keim on ESPN reported that he ran over LeRibeus in practice early this week. He specifically stated there is no exaggeration that Tapp ran right over him. Now, I can only hope that is a reflection of Tapp's performance and not LeRibeus's lack thereof which already has me wondering if we are going to end up with a 3rd round bust.

You go back to game 16 last year when he subbed for Lic and you'll see the same thing, defensive players pancaking him but on the other side he does the same to players and shows a nastiness to him. He seems at best a project to get consistency from him, I wouldn't expect that from a 3rd rounder.

well that whole  press conference almost put me to sleep ,the overtone was about adjusting  to what the offense is doing and if he is as slow as last year about it we are going to have to score alot ,relying on griffin to bail us out , which he did rather well but it would be nice to see the defense to shut down opposing offenses and we score alot of points with griffin not having to put himself in danger of injury !!!!

Hail manchild, I really think it is a dicsipline issue with him. Kyle stated the same as Mike about how LeRibeus came in out of shape in OTAs which set him back. It's really all his fault because he has the ability to unseat Lich if he'd just work harder. TW had some of the same issues but TW is far more gifted so LeRibeus needs to know he is expendable since I'm hoping that will allow him to wise up.

Hail Yeah, I do hope the injury run on defense ends since this is why we had to make so many adjustments on the other side of the ball. I credit Haslett for the adjustment even though it took time. The reason is he had just about every player including Cofield dropping back in coverage while mixing in blitz packages. The coverage scheme from our front 7 to compensate for the lack of coverage out of our DBs. One of the most difficult things to coach on the front 7 is when to drop back and coverage and who to cover.

Is LeRiebus not that good or is he an underachiever? Is his head in the game or is his heart not in it? He's said to have a mean streak in him & I like that. He has the size that you need, but for a 3rd round pick you would have thought that he'd be starting by now. I believe Sr. to be a good evaluator of talent. That's been proven. However I have questioned some of the picks he's made. If LeRiebus can't see some significant playing time this year I'll have to call into question the choice of using a 3rd round pick on this guy.

HTTR!!!

For years I've been saying that we need to address the O-line. Invest some high round picks in it. Instead we've used mid to low round picks without any real success. We haven't been able to address the line via FA because of the obvious cap hit. Now, in Sr's. defence, we've needed QBs, RBs, WRs, DBs & the list goes on. However now that we're set at many of those positions we NEED to invest time & effort on the line. No longer can we get away with signing aging FAs. No longer can we waste picks on low rounders in hopes that they can develop into something useful. Sr. has rejuvenated the team's skill positions the right way, through the draft. He needs to continue that trend with the O-line.

HTTR!!!

LeRibeus was predicted as a project by everyone but the Redskins.  What a horrible reach with a 3rd rounder.  They could have traded back for more picks and picked him up later.

I would have to agree many fans seemed to like this pick not sure as to why and it looks as if we wasted a 3rd rounder? :(

Archived