Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Beathard Would Have Drafted Marino In 1983

Only a fool would think that Marino wouldn't have won that elusive SB ring had he been with Washington. Marino is one of the best QBs who's ever played the game of football. His records are nothing short of amazing. However, looking back, we may not have gotten one of the best QBs ever but we did get the best CB ever. I wouldn't change a thing even if I was able too.

HTTR!!!

Let's turn this around a little bit. How about D. Green being the last guy picked in the 1st round to play CB in "The year of the QB"! What does that say about him! The greatest QB class ever to join the NFL and your are a CB? Talk about being up against it, six QB's taken in round one before you and you know that you are going to have to face them. Well face them he did, and landed in the Hall of Fame. Marino was good, but for my money we got the best of that deal. Thank you Miami for allowing D. Green to become Mr. Redskin. And to Mr. Suffer guy (AKA Bobby B) thanks for the great years, but in this case, I think you got lucky.

Let's turn this around a little bit. How about D. Green being the last guy picked in the 1st round to play CB in "The year of the QB"! What does that say about him! The greatest QB class ever to join the NFL and your are a CB? Talk about being up against it, six QB's taken in round one before you and you know that you are going to have to face them. Well face them he did, and landed in the Hall of Fame. Marino was good, but for my money we got the best of that deal. Thank you Miami for allowing D. Green to become Mr. Redskin. And to Mr. Suffer guy (AKA Bobby B) thanks for the great years, but in this case, I think you got lucky.

By the way, here are the 5 DB's taken before D. Green in the 1st round of the 1983 NFL draft: Kinard, Lewis, Smith, Browner, Byrd. How many of you remember them?

here's the crux ,,what if we took Marino would we have been better off ,would we had more superbowl rings would our defense been as good without green.We  would with out question have had a better option at qb when Thiesman went down in 85 it not sooner .

but green 's presence was over his 20 years  and all the memorable plays he made  brings credence  to the point the right decision was made in drafting Green.

Archived