Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Phillip Thomas Placed On IR, Lisfranc Tear

what a shame for P Thomas, I was worried this was the injury for J Reed as well hopefully they both come back healthy and hungry. I see this morning J Reed is back playing that's a good sign. I would like to see this kid grow fast and make a huge impact in rookie season.

HTTR!

It seems that this is the 2nd year in a row that a misunderstood draft pick turns up "big" for us. Many were concerned we didn't take any help for RT and felt that drafting 3 DB's was one to many. Just like in 2012 when we picked up 2 QB's, the 2013 draft seems to already paying us back by having Rambo in the wings after Thomas go's down for the year. Say what you want about Coach Shanny and GM Allen (lucky or Skilled), but these past two drafts have shown me they know what they are doing. Mr. Thomas now has until next April to get healthy and learn the Redskins system without any pressure, then he must show what he can do. In the mean time, Mr. Rambo can help carry the banner for this years draft class.

Thomas was my favorite draft pick and I rode his wave prior to the draft. It's unfortunate that he didn't get a chance this season to develop into what I believe is a long term solution in one of our Safety positions. However, this season looks like Rambo's to shine. He came out of the gate ahead of Thomas in both development and knowledge of the defense. If we can avoid another injury from Meriweather and Rambo then I think we'll still be much better at safety than last season.

What I'm most impressed with is how our corner back situation has evolved. Amerson, Minnifield, and Biggers all look to have really strengthen our backfield situation. Maybe it is a big enough upgrade to move Hall to FS in some spells during the season. 

This is just freakin GREAT! The one guy who could PLAY R. Doughty off the team gets hurt for the year!! Nothing new, this happens every year man! I hope we bring in another SS, lest will be one more injury away from Dumb Doughty starting again.

Thomas was my favorite draft pick and I rode his wave prior to the draft. It's unfortunate that he didn't get a chance this season to develop into what I believe is a long term solution in one of our Safety positions. However, this season looks like Rambo's to shine. He came out of the gate ahead of Thomas in both development and knowledge of the defense. If we can avoid another injury from Meriweather and Rambo then I think we'll still be much better at safety than last season.

What I'm most impressed with is how our corner back situation has evolved. Amerson, Minnifield, and Biggers all look to have really strengthen our backfield situation. Maybe it is a big enough upgrade to move Hall to FS in some spells during the season. 

Hey jd, I agree the corners look much better!  However doughty will be on the team for another year again if the Skins don't sign another SS or Tenard Jackson get reinstated and impresses the coaches....smh.

It figures....

HTTR!!!

I know right.

what a shame ,at this point we now have to hope for a complete recovery for next year !!!

What's up HTTR1?  Why did you change your name?

Hey jd, I agree the corners look much better!  However doughty will be on the team for another year again if the Skins don't sign another SS or Tenard Jackson get reinstated and impresses the coaches....smh.

I know right.

What's up HTTR1?  Why did you change your name?

hail dreday,i figured with all the trouble we had with the old format ,i thought i would change it ,new format new name, besides hailyeah1 sounds alot better than httr1 don't ya thihk ? 

hailyeah1 , Sorry Bro , But HTTR1 was AWESOME . JMO

yeah i mulled it over before i changed it ,i already had an exskins handle from a few years back,hardly ever used it , it was  to long ,and didn't like it .

also i figured it would be harder to twist the new one into something derogatory. 

With out warning upgraded to the new format .it took them about a month for exskins to fully bring it up i started posting on the stadium forum until they finally got our new  forum up...

the stadium forum we can start new threads i started one about white or grossman at #3 and 1 about female referees.

there is also a thread with dallas jokes  in the around the league sub thread ,some good ones ,check it out !!!

Hail to the Redskins!!!

Archived