Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Monday Training Camp Practice Notes

Griffin  just has to be patient ,we know he is chomping at the bit to get in there but they want to make sure he is ready.

good to hear J, Reed is back practicing maybe we will see him the next game.

hard to top the offensive production last week but i'm hope it continues and gets even better.

the defense in spurts was good but those big plays have got to be squashed before the happen.

by far this is the most depth filled squad we have had in since '92  with most 1st string spots set and the only backup competition in question ,who stays and who goes?

Enough of the melodrama between Griff and Shanahan, you've created a monster with this dialogue between no preseason work and ready for game 1. But I did like Shanny's comment about Griff- Shanny's liking the way Griff is using the media to leverage for him playing in preseason, also like Griff's undying hunger to play football. Both of these guys are pretty smart but difference is Griff hasn't lived long enough for experience to be on his side, just unbridled exuberance . Shannahan has a more mature outlook and realizes in the long term outlook of things that Griff skipping preseason will be just a blip on the radar screen of time if he comes back healthy and lasts the whole season. So, just dry up and make the story as vanilla as possible.

Enough of the melodrama between Griff and Shanahan, you've created a monster with this dialogue between no preseason work and ready for game 1. But I did like Shanny's comment about Griff- Shanny's liking the way Griff is using the media to leverage for him playing in preseason, also like Griff's undying hunger to play football. Both of these guys are pretty smart but difference is Griff hasn't lived long enough for experience to be on his side, just unbridled exuberance . Shannahan has a more mature outlook and realizes in the long term outlook of things that Griff skipping preseason will be just a blip on the radar screen of time if he comes back healthy and lasts the whole season. So, just dry up and make the story as vanilla as possible.

hail manchild, yeah the media seems to want to make a big thing about it since there is nothing else about our team warants drama at all .

i too wish they just let it ride quietly .

HAIL MANCHILD157!

You're absolutely correct. RG3 is DIEING to get back on the field & who could blame him? But he MUST trust Sr'.s football life experience. For as much as I like RG3, he just doesn't have much.

HTTR!!!

Like I said in the post above, RG3 is DIEING to get back onto the playing field with his boys, who could blame him? But I gotta say that I don't like how boisterous he's being about it. It's almost like he's trying to undermine Sr's timetable for his return. He needs to trust that Sr. knows what he's doing & that he has a plan. I don't want to hear RG3 saying to the media how he doesn't like the plan that Sr. has. He needs to know what's best for himself & the team & just be quiet about it. But hey....what do I know? other than that's JMO.

HTTR!!!

Guys , This is problem down the road . I can just smell it . My gut feeling tells me that griff wants to (buck) on shanny . Griff close to being out of line to me , And the way he's acting to me , It puts more of last year injury back on griff . Griff is my guy , But i willing to bet in the seattle game mike went to griff , And griff said Oh no I'm just fine , I'm not coming out this game .

I'm with mike on this one .

Guys , This is problem down the road . I can just smell it . My gut feeling tells me that griff wants to (buck) on shanny . Griff close to being out of line to me , And the way he's acting to me , It puts more of last year injury back on griff . Griff is my guy , But i willing to bet in the seattle game mike went to griff , And griff said Oh no I'm just fine , I'm not coming out this game . I'm with mike on this one .

HAIL DORRELL77!

Players play & coaches coach. Some coaches have complete control of football op's just like Sr.

Regardless of the status of the player or his experience level, the player should keep his feelings to himself & only voice them behind closed doors. Discussing their displeasure in the coaches decisions adds fuel to a potential fire. It creates tension between player & coach & could very well create a rift in the locker room. The LAST thing we need is any undo distractions.

HTTR!!!

Guys , This is problem down the road . I can just smell it . My gut feeling tells me that griff wants to (buck) on shanny . Griff close to being out of line to me , And the way he's acting to me , It puts more of last year injury back on griff . Griff is my guy , But i willing to bet in the seattle game mike went to griff , And griff said Oh no I'm just fine , I'm not coming out this game . I'm with mike on this one .

HAIL DORRELL77!

Players play & coaches coach. Some coaches have complete control of football op's just like Sr.

Regardless of the status of the player or his experience level, the player should keep his feelings to himself & only voice them behind closed doors. Discussing their displeasure in the coaches decisions adds fuel to a potential fire. It creates tension between player & coach & could very well create a rift in the locker room. The LAST thing we need is any undo distractions.

HTTR!!!

I'm hearing and agreeing with what is being said here but to bring up another angle let me say this-  Griff is very strong minded and capable of conversing/debating with anyone, it shows in his play, it shows in his interviews. What would we be thinking about him if they had to make him get out there and practice when the doctors cleared him or when Coach says ''time to step it up'' and he balks saying he's not ready. Man, I tell you, I would rather have him just like he is, somewhat outspoken, pushing the limits of recovery to the point he seems derisive. Read an article where Shanahan was half smiling about Griff's comments because I'm sure he would rather be toning down a players drive than to be trying to motivate a player to have drive. We all remember the extreme case of Haynesworth.

Phillip Thomas on IR out for the season with a Lisfranc injury.

As for RG3 and Shanahan; this to me is something the media and pundits have stewed up. RG3 has worked hard to return as fast as possible. He's young, ambitious, and anxious to get back to regular practice. Of course, he doesnt' like being held back but in the end he knows the final decision comes down to Shanahan and Andrews. There is no feud taking place. I bet Shanahan would take that attitude any day over a player taking his time coming back and not having himself in playing shape.

I agree goskins, it's what happens when every word is put under a microscope. There is too much read into what comes down to a guy who has done an incredible job coming back from an ACL. He's way ahead of schedule and has just expressed a desire and some frustration about not being out there with the 1st team.

I think manchild explained it the best.

Looks like Minnifeld is asserting himself. He had skirmishes with many WRs today...

"Today was the chippy practice of training camp, starring cornerback Chase Minnifield during the 7-on-7 portion. But the first skirmish, though it involved Minnifield, was not started or escalated by him. At least not directly. Minnifield was covering receiver Aldrick Robinson on a deep ball down the right side. Their feet got tangled up as the play ended (an incompletion) and the players fell to the ground. Next thing you knew, safety Jose Gumbs dove on Robinson to break up any fight. Robinson had shoved Minnifield. A number of players ran down to help break it up, a few shoves were made and it ended. As they returned to the huddle, receiver Pierre Garcon was yelling at Minnifield. A couple snaps later Minnifield became entangled with receiver Chip Reeves at the line and a hard shove was made. But that one ended without further incident, though some of the coaches did not look too pleased with Minnifield after that one."

I personally like this since these tiffs can fire up a practice.

Well Reed is starting to impress in camp now. This is not only due to his route running but apparently the coaching staff has been impressed with his overall blocking. I read earlier his downfield blocking was good but his blocking at the line needed work. I guess he is a quick learner since he has missed some time with injuries.

"David Amerson, having a strong camp, did mess up one play Tuesday when Reed caught a deep out in his zone. Amerson had misread the play and went deep with a wideout when he should have been aware of Reed coming into his area."

Dorrell, I'm on board with you about Lance Lewis. I posted this comment below on another article...

As for the starting 7; I project Garcon, Morgan, Hankerson, Robinson, Moss, Lewis, and possibly Sky Sawson assuming he beats out Crawford as a returner; otherwise Stallworth may get the last spot. Lance Lewis is making a bunch of noise in TC. The word is he has a very good grasp of ths system benefiting from a second season and has performed very well in camp. Stallworth has been slowed by a hamstring so maybe he could buy some time on IR. Shanahan seems to be real high on him which will make it a hard cut.

Dorrell, I'm on board with you about Lance Lewis. I posted this comment below on another article... As for the starting 7; I project Garcon, Morgan, Hankerson, Robinson, Moss, Lewis, and possibly Sky Sawson assuming he beats out Crawford as a returner; otherwise Stallworth may get the last spot. Lance Lewis is making a bunch of noise in TC. The word is he has a very good grasp of ths system benefiting from a second season and has performed very well in camp. Stallworth has been slowed by a hamstring so maybe he could buy some time on IR. Shanahan seems to be real high on him which will make it a hard cut.

hail dorell and jdhawk ,the battle for roster spots is interesting,.i also believe we keep 7 with 5 spots pretty much sewn up the last 2 are up in the air. Lance Lewis by reports is having a good camp but not seeing much time in last weeks game  but should make it that leaves 1 spot i want to wait until the next game to see more of the rest of the pack!!!

Don't necessarily think we need to carry 7 receivers. 5 are solid locks, if it comes down to taking one more then give it to the young kid Lewis. Stallworth has had his time and if production is nearly equal to Lewis then release him, Lewis's size and youth wins out. Briscoe has disappointed me , I was hoping he would make the team last year, which he did, but it appears he's got bad hands/focus.... so he's gone too.

" I honestly think that over there in Washington he’s getting brainwashed.”

Those are the words of Donovan McNabb. This guy is so JADED that he feels the need to talk out of his a$$ about all things Redskins. He fails to understand that he was washed up when he came to Washington & because he failed miserably here he thinks that everyone will fail....or at least he hopes they will. Now because RG3 has done things that McNabb never did & is more popular than McNabb ever was, RG3 must be "brainwashed". What a bunch of BS. In case you haven't read the article, here it is:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/14/mcnabb-rg3-is-brainwashed-young-qbs-think-they-know-it-all/

HTTR!!!

Canadianfanforlife : Mcnabb is looking more stupid by the day . Clearly he's jealous of RG3 , And he hate mike , So why would RG3 listen to anything he has to say ? Bro answer this for me . Why Mcnabb not giving advise to Vick , And Foles ? . Mcfab is just at a sad place right now , And just what ( Advice ) would he give RG3 ? Don't listen or trust mike shanahan ? And if i was griff i would say hey did't you say i would't work here in DC . Mcnabb needs to not speak on RG3 period , Because you can here the sour grapes in his voice .

Canadianfanforlife : Mcnabb is looking more stupid by the day . Clearly he's jealous of RG3 , And he hate mike , So why would RG3 listen to anything he has to say ? Bro answer this for me . Why Mcnabb not giving advise to Vick , And Foles ? . Mcfab is just at a sad place right now , And just what ( Advice ) would he give RG3 ? Don't listen or trust mike shanahan ? And if i was griff i would say hey did't you say i would't work here in DC . Mcnabb needs to not speak on RG3 period , Because you can here the sour grapes in his voice .

I equivocate McNabb to some bitter woman who was dumped by someone that now has this fresh faced new girl to show off. Now the “Ex” is sucking on sour grapes because the relationship isn't nose diving like she (McNabb) had hoped. Remember how this very “Ex” (McNabb) boldly predicted that RG3 would not work out here? Just like the bitter “Ex” finding out the one who dumped her now has a new girl which in turn she boldly states it will never work out with him. To add insult to injury to this scorned woman (McNabb), the relationship with Washington and RG3 blossomed. Now this very same bitter and scorned woman (McNabb) jumps back into the picture wanting to have a chat with the far more attractive replacement. Why? So that she (McNabb) can hope to inject some of those same bitter sour feelings. You see, it’s not about what she (McNabb) wants to do to help the far more attractive replacement: It’s about causing as much harm to the “Ex” (Redskins) as possible. 

Maybe the Redskins can get a restraining order placed on McNabb where he can’t be within 50 square miles from both Washington and RG3. Stalking doesn't look good on you McNabb so move on and enjoy your retirement in lovely Philadelphia

Geez, mcnugget just won't go away ,just because he played(stunk up the field) here somehow he thinks it gives him the right to comment on Griffin and our team.This is sour grapes coming from someone who career ended with diminished skills Andy Reid new it ,we found out and so did the Vikings, so in a way he actually got to stay on teams 2 years longer than he should have 

He should count his lucky stars he was able to do that  and shut the ..... up about anything about our team that is derogatory .

it really makes him look foolish ,this is almost as bad as the( cornball reference) that analist said about Griffin a few months back 

Archived