Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Training Camp Confidential: NFC East Intel

After finally being able to watch the whole game, I really liked how Shanahan put in many second team players in the starting role. This was good and needed work for players like Neild, Rambo, Amerson, Minnifield, Helu, and Robinson. I think this has something to do with the CBA change that restricts practices to one a day that reduces the time to evaluate and get key backups and potential starters work.

The dark horse out of this game for me is Lance Lewis. Despite the fumble, his size and ability to go up for the ball reminds me of Randy Moss. I'd like to see more out of this kid in preseason. We don't have another receiver in his mold. I think he could be a nice red zone option WR.

Hail JD- I like your corelation between the CBA agreement/one a days, I think that's spot on coupled with the fact that we absolutely have to have secondary help and these young guys are getting a crash course in pro football. Anyone hear or notice Biggers in the secondary?

The East will look a little different this season, Dallast will have new O & D coordinators and Philly has a new HC with an up tempo offense. hurry up week one, I'm ready for some football . HTTR!

yeah me too!!!      awe man! they made you change you avatar but this one is just as funny !!!

I'm loving Minnifield! This kid could be a starter for this club in the near future. He and Crawford look like must keep players

now if Minifield develops into a clone of his father and we find a Hanford Dixon clone most likely Crawford or Amerson we could have 2 shut down corners!!!!

Hail JD- I like your corelation between the CBA agreement/one a days, I think that's spot on coupled with the fact that we absolutely have to have secondary help and these young guys are getting a crash course in pro football. Anyone hear or notice Biggers in the secondary?

Hail Manchild, I didn't see much out of Biggers in the game. The one bad play I saw was him jumping into the wrong running lane leaving a big hole that allowed Shonn Green to bounce inside resulting in a nice run. Did anyone look good playing the run?

I did see the Titans really test Crawford in coverage and was only able to get one good pass on him. His coverage on that deep route that should have been ruled an interception was perfect. I share many sentiments here about Amerson, Minnifield, and Crawford. It's still too early to know how far along any of those guys are and I'm sure there are still learning curves. However, if you put Amerson and Minnifield up against two talented starting WRs and they can't produce a single down field reception; then I have to agree it was a very promising start. 

My only frustration in the game outside the run defense was that it didn't seem the Titans first team offense put the test on our defense passing. I think Orakpo, Kerrigan, and Jenkins had something to do with that.

As for the Titans, If they had a QB that could throw mid-range and deep passes with consistency then they'd have a pretty imposing offense. They are deep in WRs and RBs. I'm not sure about their offense line but they sure looked good run blocking on our D-line.

Archived