Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Watch Postgame Press Conferences LIVE

Helu is the real deal just like I have been touting. I was a huge fan of him in 2011 and nothing has changed that. He proved in this game tonight that he can be a grinder if you want him to be. i didn't see any huge holes for him to run through but he made the best out of what the line gave him. We are set with a great one-two punch. I can't call it a Thunder and Lightning since I think Helu runs as hard as AM does. However, Helu still needs to learn to be patient and not hit the hole prematurely. His speed can be his own worst enemy when he doesn't allow the zone blocking the time to create the holes.

Hail JD- I agree about Helu, early on when he ran left he didn't always see that cutback lane and I felt once he got off the field and saw the pictures he would be coached up, and that's what happened. I've stayed in his camp too and it's a luxury to have 2 backs that are legitimate NFL starters as well as having Royster who basically went against 2nd and 3rd string defenses. Helu got it going running to the right side finding the lanes and getting a couple of 1st downs before the coaches had seen enough and pulled him. Dude still runs downhill, broke tackles, and got yardage after contact. Overall it was a good preseason game, all qbs did well and I was impressed with Pat White, all I'd heard doing tc is his passes had nothing on it, off target, but I thought he looked real good and wouldn't mind him being our 3rd qb this year or probably next year. He seemed to have field awareness and when receivers got bottled up he took off running with speed and poise. Cousins first drive would have been more successful if Hankerson knew where he needed to get to on that last 3rd, he came up short and heard about it from M.Shannahan as he left the field. Rookies made mistakes, like rookies do, but we're guaranteed that they will be coached up as they watch film. Kerrigan and Orakpo got 1st team sacks which was great to see.

Hail manchild157, nice breakdown! Sorry about the redundant posts. My submitted comments where not getting posted immediately on this article so I tried others to see if for some reason it was being blocked.

Here is my summary based on what I was able to glean with only being able to watch limited portions of the game.The impression I got from the social networks on Twitter was that the third tier defenders looked bad for the most part and especially Muckelroy and Kimbrough at linebacker. Did Crawford get beat on one play? It appeared to read that way.Anyway based on what I could see and read on twitter; Amerson and Minnifield looked very capable covering starting wide outs. Jenkins looks to have improved getting pressure on the QB but waned later in the second half. Bowen and Riley didn%u2019t have good games but that is not unexpected in the first preseason game with starters that have a lock on their positions. Rambo had way too many bad angles in run coverage. Thomas left early with an injury which I hope is not a serious. Neither punt returns nor kick returns were anything special. Oh and Lance Lewis looked impressive but his two biggest plays ended in a TD being called back and a fumble that fortunately negated by a penalty.

Of course I'm happy to see both Kerrigan and Orakpo with sacks. I read that Kerrigan's sack may have been attributed to the pressure rookie Brandon Jenkins put on the RT that gave Kerrigan great positon on the QB.

Jd- even though our rookie backs struggled they did show a eagerness to be physical, with Amerson looking the best of the 3. I see where Amerson got his reputation as a ballhawk. Rambo was lucky he didn't get a 15 yd. penalty for spearing, lucky for him he missed. Minnefield looked very impressive and I'd like to see him start next game with the 1st stringers, dude was making plays and eager to throw his body around. Skye Dawson returned kicks and punts, was a little shaky but broke a nice one late albeit against 3rd stringers.

Leaving home to fly to Newport for the weekend and will view the game again on Monday.

Archived