Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

purse/bag reminder for the 2013 season

Huly

Other teams are supplying their season ticket holders with complimentary bags. Are the Skins doing the same?

To my knowledge no they are not.  I heard a few teams sent ziplocks but not the NFL clear bag

I'm a new STH and had already bought a new bag for game days. Back to the team store...

I have yet to see these anywhere in store including the HOF store in Canton Ohio so these might not be out yet. 

• 2 weeks later...

To my knowledge no they are not.  I heard a few teams sent ziplocks but not the NFL clear bag

I have yet to see these anywhere in store including the HOF store in Canton Ohio so these might not be out yet. 

My next door neighbor in Arlington is a NY Giants' season ticket holder, and the NY Giants sent him and the other season ticket holders a free NFL clear bag with the Giant's logo on it.  I took a picture of the bag but do not know how to load it here.  I am not sure if any teams other than the Giants gave out free clear NFL bags.

I saw a poor new mom, dad, and a baby get told they couldn't come in last night unless they threw their bag away.  I didn't stick around to see whether they did or not.

I gave them both a heads up that they couldn't bring it in.

Not much changed from last year in terms of waiting for the line to die down.  I think this effected FedEx less than other arenas across the league since we weren't allowed to bring in much to begin with.

My next door neighbor in Arlington is a NY Giants' season ticket holder, and the NY Giants sent him and the other season ticket holders a free NFL clear bag with the Giant's logo on it.  I took a picture of the bag but do not know how to load it here.  I am not sure if any teams other than the Giants gave out free clear NFL bags.

Here is the one the Raiders STH received:

052.jpg

This is gonna be brutal on Monday night vs the Eagles. The bag issue was tripping many people up, but another addition to security screening was that everyone had to remove everything from their pockets. The lines were regular season long in a lightly attended pre-season game.

You better shut the tailgate down exceedingly early if you want to make kickoff. You're gonna be in line for quite a while.

I felt it went smoothly last Monday night. There was a perimeter set up with security folks about 30 yards before the turnstiles so as not to crowd things up with folks that weren't prepared. My wife carried a small clutch type purse and had no problem getting it in.

We started talking about it here:

http://es.redskins.com/topic/367611-per-nflcom-nfls-new-bag-policy-to-improve-public-safety-at-games/page-3

Here's the comment I left for the NFL:

I went to my first pre-season game of the 2013 season. Much
to my displeasure the pillows I’ve brought to every home game and some away
games for the past decade, purchased in the stadium during previous events,
were turned away at the door. I’m told they were in violation of the new bag
policy.  This policy is ridiculous. Enforcement
of the policy is even worse.  Clearly “pillow”
is nowhere listed as a restricted item. Further, blankets are specifically
allowed because they’re easy to screen – much like a team logo covered pillow.

This policy, or more specifically how this policy is being
enforced, in no way makes stadiums safer. Worse, it detracts from the in
stadium experience. Adding to the incredulous situation, all items restricted
in the document are easily found for sale before, during, and after the game in
the stadium store and on the team website.

Tell me this isn’t meant to be brought to the game:

http://store.redskin...p=2729&catID=43

“Officially licensed Redskins seat cushions are a great way for
showing support and being comfortable while sitting and watching the big event.”

It appears purchased through the website it’s a knickknack
and purchased at the stadium it’s rental. It’s deplorable business.

The bigger issue is that I have to explain to my kids,
likely to their horror, that we can’t have pillows at football games because
the NFL is scared someone will use them to kill us all. Say that out loud. The absurdity
of it is laughable. If someone wants to kill us all they’re not using a pillow.
I’m all for common sense measures like easy to screen bags but telling the
world they can’t have seat cushions is the terrorists winning. We’ve needlessly
and pointlessly given up our freedom without gaining even a shred of security
in the process.

Please update the policy to reflect more common sense and
the perception that we’re in a land full of people brave enough to attend
football games surrounded by soft cushy objects.

I also sent that to the Redskins.  Here's the link for where I sent it to the NFL for anyone else who'd like to complain:

http://www.nfl.com/contact-us

I selected "other".

That's why I hardly ever go anymore. Not worth the hassle. Not that I bring stuff in, but going to a game is a hassle to me. More power to people who love going. I like my recliner, private bathroom, private kitchen, private parking, my remote and nobody blocking my view at home.

gotta fully love your post and agree, pj...however, I will be venturing out on that chilly day (Dec. 15, but who knows, it might be 80 degrees here, lol) to join my beloved Redskins fans here in the ATL! 

I've always been on record that this dome is like watching football in a fishbowl.  Football is an outdoor sport.  If I have to go live, in snow, in my Marlboro sleeping bag, whatevs.  For a game every other year, I'll "weather" it. 

Just hope we kick the Falcons this year.  If not for the 2nd interception, Kirk might've gotten it done last year.

Our Ratturd STH friends got bags sent to them also....

Archived