Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If anyone has stayed in a hotel in Richmond for TC - how was it?

Skinsfan1311

Yes, Buzz & Ned's is the best bbq in this city.  We hit the one near my house after camp yesterday but the one near camp is a very short walk and located on the Boulevard.  Got the baby back ribs, fried corn and beans, cold beer, might have been the highlight yesterday.

As far as hotels, if you are on a budget or just staying for one night, just hit the Comfort Inn Midtown on Broad Street.  There is what used to be a Holiday Inn Midtown near the Diamond, about 1.5 miles from camp but is bordering on a questionable area at night, near the bus station so you get some transients.  The Comfort Inn there is not the Ritz by any means but Broad Street is much more well lit and patrolled by police.  Not trying to freak you out as far as safety but just a suggestion.  Plus, just a few blocks from the Boulevard and several restaurants on Broad.

Yes, Buzz & Ned's is the best bbq in this city.  We hit the one near my house after camp yesterday but the one near camp is a very short walk and located on the Boulevard.  Got the baby back ribs, fried corn and beans, cold beer, might have been the highlight yesterday.

As far as hotels, if you are on a budget or just staying for one night, just hit the Comfort Inn Midtown on Broad Street.  There is what used to be a Holiday Inn Midtown near the Diamond, about 1.5 miles from camp but is bordering on a questionable area at night, near the bus station so you get some transients.  The Comfort Inn there is not the Ritz by any means but Broad Street is much more well lit and patrolled by police.  Not trying to freak you out as far as safety but just a suggestion.  Plus, just a few blocks from the Boulevard and several restaurants on Broad.

Thanks!      I used to live in Baltimore...you're incapable of freaking me out as far as safety goes, but your advice is much appreciated.

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Clarion on N. Boulivard, about a mile from training camp.  They are going through a remodel, so outside of the rooms were not the greatest, but we had no issue with the room.

Across the street was a pretty awesome Ice cream stand (Sweet 95), and a good Diner called Kitchen 64.  Overall, we didn't have any complaints, and it was only $79 a night.

Archived