Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pictures from training camp yesterday

jensgt

Had a fun time at camp yesterday...well part fun time part torture LOL.  I miss the Ashburn camp...I used to live 5 minutes from it and the onsite parking was nice.  Parking is not too far at Bon Secours but I heard some people say they had to park a mile away.  Ashburn you could put a chair anywhere...but at Bon Secours no chairs along the sideline area...you have to have them on the hill.  In Ashburn I don't remember ever having people stand in the way blocking views but at Bon Secours the media set up right in front of the crowd for the first half hour of each practice...which was really frustrating.  

I got there at 9am and set up, put my chair on the hill but stood at my spot on the sideline rope.  Watched the walk through practice from 10am to 1130ish and they go in and the wait begins for the 3:20 practice.  A few guys signed after 10am practice including Cousins.  I was a moron and remembered all my camera stuff and food but NOT sun block.  I am burned like a lobster its horrible lol.  It was a really long wait and I eventually had to wander back from my chair to my sideline area to keep my spot.  Practice started and after the media got out of the way I managed to get some cool shots.  Right before the afternoon practice started, RG3 ran the entire length of the field giving sideline fans 5's...people went NUTS.  It was great, never seen a star athlete do something like that.  

After practice some linemen signed but the WR's and Alfred Morris stayed on the field and signed for kids...some kids were allowed on the field to get as many auto's as their heart desired...I need to borrow a little kid for sporting events LOL.  I decided to not give up although I was really uncomfortable from all the sun.  Finally...RG3 goes to the crowed in the endzone area...so far from us.  He signed for 3-5 minutes and moved down to the sideline but way down near the endzone...I was on the 40 yard line on the other side of the 50 from where he was.  Kept waiting.  He would sign then move down 20-30 yards and sign again.  I got lucky and was the last person he signed for in my area...he signed my mini helmet.  I was literally shaking a bit I was so excited...or it could have been the sun burning my skin.  LOL.  

So here we go...pics!

He ran the entire sideline and gave 5's...I got one!
9396480177_84b448a9b2_c.jpg

9399371540_01e20e6911_c.jpg

9399385254_0e90a251bd_c.jpg

9399418214_55018c3372_c.jpg

9396657337_4068608d96_c.jpg

9399463942_25189cfb21_c.jpg

9399465642_1fbb50e028_c.jpg

9399481444_3c589e0fa8_c.jpg

Thanks everybody!  Yes I took a camera phone pic of the helmet...

1005186_560993890625019_44702694_n.jpg

and I wish I could take pictures every day and share them with you all.  I love doing it...unfortunately it's over 2 hours away.  Did I mention that I miss camp being in Ashburn? LOL

If I didn't know better I'd say those where taking by a pro.

Fantastic shots. And a nice back story.

Thank you for suffering the sun for the cause.

Hail.

Your sig made me think of a funny thing from yesterday...Rex had a play where he ran the ball...and the crowd went wild for him...he turned and made the hand gesture for...quiet down...and laughed.  It was great.

Lol. Great to read the guys are relaxed enough to have fun with the fans amisdt the seriousness of TC.

And just how many times have you polished that helmet since you got back home? Lol.

Hail.

LOL I kept looking at it to make sure the autograph was really there.  I had a gold sharpie with me but he was signing everything with the same black one, understandable...he's a busy guy LOL.  I am going to buy a nice case to put it in so no harm can come to it.  Need to order a bunch of baseball cases as well...I have been lucky with autographs this summer.

.... LOL I kept looking at it to make sure the autograph was really there. I had a gold sharpie with me but he was signing everything with the same black one, understandable...he's a busy guy LOL. I am going to buy a nice case to put it in so no harm can come to it. Need to order a bunch of baseball cases as well...I have been lucky with autographs this summer.

Yeah. Not envious at all. Not one bit .....

Hail.

I wish I could go every day and share pics.  Training camp is over so quick.  I wish it were as easy to get pics at the games but I don't even think I'd be allowed to bring my lens in to a game!

Depends on the lens,but you should be okay bringing it in. I brought my camera in over my neck,(one lens attached),and the 70-200 in it's bag in with no problems. Things may have changed since then,but worth a try. :)

I wish I could go every day and share pics.  Training camp is over so quick.  I wish it were as easy to get pics at the games but I don't even think I'd be allowed to bring my lens in to a game!

Depends on the lens,but you should be okay bringing it in. I brought my camera in over my neck,(one lens attached),and the 70-200 in it's bag in with no problems. Things may have changed since then,but worth a try. :)

Might have to give it a try...I have the 70-200...and a 1.4x teleconverter which I used for these.  Wonder where the best place to sit for good pictures is.  I would imagine lower level but not so low that you have 100 people standing in between you and the field.

Archived