Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Breaking per Washington Post: Bradley Manning acquitted of aiding enemy

SkinsHokieFan

So does that mean he gets to walk away? Or does he have to serve time for lesser crimes? Dishonorable discharge?

Looks like he still faces 154 years max....  plead guilty to 10 of 22 lesser charges already and convicted on several others.

CNN article on the verdict.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/30/justice/manning-court-martial/index.html

Apparently, Not Guilty of aiding the enemy, but Guilty of almost everything else.

Monk, could you tell us which major blows for "human rights and the truth" came out of this guy leaking, according to the article, three quarters of a million pages of classified documents and videos?

Monk, could you tell us which major blows for "human rights and the truth" came out of this guy leaking, according to the article, three quarters of a million pages of classified documents and videos?

I suspect he's talking about the video that Wikileaks labeled as "collateral murder" and the Grainai airstrike video. 

Manning is no hero though. He's just a disgruntled employee trying to strike back at his boss. Unfortunately for us, his boss was the United States.

If someone said 154 years in prison or firing squad.  I'd tell them to load their rifles.

Agreed. I'd rather die than spend a week in jail, much less a century and a half. 

I am thinking that faced with that actual decision you would be asking which prison to report to...

If someone said 154 years in prison or firing squad. I'd tell them to load their rifles.

Agreed. I'd rather die than spend a week in jail, much less a century and a half.
Really? A week? *cough*p******cough*

We can't all be as awesome as you.

besides, with my charm and boyish good looks, I'd be someone's **** before the afternoon. Shoot me.

If someone said 154 years in prison or firing squad. I'd tell them to load their rifles.

besides, with my charm and boyish good looks, I'd be someone's **** before the afternoon. Shoot me.

Those 3 women in Cleveland laugh at your soft-ness.

I guess my 17 days in jail trumps you men who are afraid.  Wow. And those brave women trump us all. 

I guess my 17 days in jail trumps you men who are afraid.  Wow. And those brave women trump us all. 

Yup, I guess so. The very sight of a prison makes my stomach turn. 

There are a lot of causes I'd die for, but there are very few I'd go to prison for. 

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, I suppose this is at least a symbolic victory for Manning and his supporters. I'm sure he'll be in prison for the rest of his life, but at least he can say he beat this rap. 

Someone needs to eliminate bringing up his jail cell past.

Been telling you this for years man.

I have known plenty of people that have been in county and federal jails... That certainly does not equate to elite status based on the sentence, or crime.

Move past it.

Archived