Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vitriol Against Johnny Manziel Has Made Me A Fan....

RonArtest15

ESPN turning into TMZ is nothing new...but, do I really need to see on the front page of their website that Manziel got kicked out of a UT frat party?  I mean, WHO CARES???!!!

Link Here

He's 20 and doing nothing wrong in my eyes.  Yes, I know there's a microscope that he's under for being the youngest Heisman winner ever, but some of the headlines/scrutiny is getting ridiculous. I really hope he has another statistically historic season and runs the table in the SEC on the way to the Nat'l championship. 

Anyways, here's to Manziel and his Tebow jersey (see below), sticking the middle-finger up at all the critics who harp on his EVERY move. 

072713-CFB-Johnny-Manziel-TV-Pi_20130727183026995_335_220.JPG

/rant

I can't feel bad for him.  None of this would have happened had he made his commitments at the Manning Passing Academy.

Whether he was drinking or not truly is irrelevant the fact that he was supposed to be somewhere and wasn't is a bad sign for any profession be it football or if you want to be a secretary.

How big of a deal this really is is certainly up for debate but the idea that him missing his morning meetings is defensible is laughable.

I don't think anyone sees him as a sympathetic figure, Destino....however, the media coverage involving his EVERY move is a bit OD. I really hope he has success this season and continues it on to the NFL.

I don't see the media doing anything special, I just see a kid that keeps screwing up. First he makes an ass of himself on twitter. Then he drinks himself into getting tossed out of the manning camp. Now the moron shows up at a rival school frat party in a Tebow jersey and gets thrown out?

How much **** did Kaepernick get for wearing a dolphins hat? Imagine if he'd been thrown out of Seahawks party wearing a Jeremy Lin Knicks jersey.

I can't feel bad for him.  None of this would have happened had he made his commitments at the Manning Passing Academy.

Whether he was drinking or not truly is irrelevant the fact that he was supposed to be somewhere and wasn't is a bad sign for any profession be it football or if you want to be a secretary.

How big of a deal this really is is certainly up for debate but the idea that him missing his morning meetings is defensible is laughable.

Just out of curiosity, have you never missed a meeting, work, or school due to an illness?  

I don't think anyone sees him as a sympathetic figure, Destino....however, the media coverage involving his EVERY move is a bit OD. I really hope he has success this season and continues it on to the NFL.

I don't see the media doing anything special, I just see a kid that keeps screwing up. First he makes an ass of himself on twitter. Then he drinks himself into getting tossed out of the manning camp. Now the moron shows up at a rival school frat party in a Tebow jersey and gets thrown out?

How much **** did Kaepernick get for wearing a dolphins hat? Imagine if he'd been thrown out of Seahawks party wearing a Jeremy Lin Knicks jersey.

How exactly does he keep screwing up?  What has he done on twitter to draw the ire of people?  Living his life?  I mean, he's 20...he comes from money...he's going to do things that other people can't because of that. 

As far as the partying, you have to remember that he's from Texas and has friends that go to that school.  He's not doing that to troll.  What do you notice after games?  Players dapping it up with one another DESPITE the rivalries.  These are guys who grew up together, played on the same teams, etc.  To say that he's a moron for showing up at another school's party during the summer is exactly what I'm getting at.  He did NOTHING wrong. 

Not sure how a 20 y/o saying he could't wait to get out of a place where he had just received a parking ticket is = to making as ass out of himself.  20 y/o kids say and do much worse things all the time that go unreported.  

Can you post a link to him getting tossed out for drinking?  All I ever saw reported was that he missed a meeting because his alarm didn't go off and he was dehydrated.

Yea, can you imagine if a NBA basketball player went to a rivals championship celebration to congratulate one of his friends on winning?  If anyone EVER went to a rivals function they should be labeled moron right away!  The though of having friends that go to/play for a rival and wanting to associate with them makes me want to throw up!

He didn't just go to a rivals party. He got thrown out if a rivals party, so clealy he wasn't just hanging with his boys in UT.

He made an ass of himself on twitter by basically saying he couldn't wait to leave school. There is no player that could say that and not catch some heat for it. He followed it up with a statement most 15 year olds would have the maturity to avoid. He's 20 not 12.

He didn't just go to a rivals party. He got thrown out if a rivals party, so clealy he wasn't just hanging with his boys in UT.

He made an ass of himself on twitter by basically saying he couldn't wait to leave school. There is no player that could say that and not catch some heat for it. He followed it up with a statement most 15 year olds would have the maturity to avoid. He's 20 not 12.

Ah, I missed the part that he got thrown out of the party at a rivals school because he was doing more then just hanging out with his friend(s) and others there made him leave.  Can you like me to the story showing what he did?  

Did you actually read what he said about leaving college station and why he said it or did you form your opinion without knowing the details.  Just curious. 

?

He went a frat party. Pretty sure he didn't just wake up and decide to go there by himself uninvited.

I haven't seen anything yet that shows that people who matter were the ones who "threw" him out. 

Ah, I missed the part that he got thrown out of the party at a rivals school because he was doing more then just hanging out with his friend(s) and others there made him leave. Can you like me to the story showing what he did?

Did you actually read what he said about leaving college station and why he said it or did you form your opinion without knowing the details. Just curious.

So in your mind he was thrown out of a party he was invited to for no reason at all? Just a random GTFO that could have happened to any of the invited guests that were behaving themselves. Interesting conclusion.

Was his guilty plea for giving the cops a fake ID, when they broke up a fight he was in, another accidental random coincidence that could have happened to anybody just minding their own business?

When officers asked Manziel for an ID, he produced a phony Louisiana driver's license that showed his birthday as Dec. 6, 1990. Police checked Manziel's wallet and found two more ID cards — a fake Texas driver's license and Manziel's real driver's license that listed his date of birth as Dec. 6, 1992.

Read more: Johnny Manziel pleads guilty in Texas - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/ci_23666494/johnny-manziel-pleads-guilty-texas#ixzz2aN5w88MB

Damn media hiding multiple fake IDs on this poor innocent kid.

Ah, I missed the part that he got thrown out of the party at a rivals school because he was doing more then just hanging out with his friend(s) and others there made him leave. Can you like me to the story showing what he did?

Did you actually read what he said about leaving college station and why he said it or did you form your opinion without knowing the details. Just curious.

So in your mind he was thrown out of a party he was invited to for no reason at all? Just a random GTFO that could have happened to any of the invited guests that were behaving themselves. Interesting conclusion.

Was his guilty plea for giving the cops a fake ID, when they broke up a fight he was in, another accidental random coincidence that could have happened to anybody just minding their own business?

>When officers asked Manziel for an ID, he produced a phony Louisiana driver's license that showed his birthday as Dec. 6, 1990. Police checked Manziel's wallet and found two more ID cards — a fake Texas driver's license and Manziel's real driver's license that listed his date of birth as Dec. 6, 1992.

Read more: Johnny Manziel pleads guilty in Texas - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/ci_23666494/johnny-manziel-pleads-guilty-texas#ixzz2aN5w88MB

Damn media hiding multiple fake IDs on this poor innocent kid.

Actually, yes.  Ever been to a fraternity party?  People from other fraternities at the same school get asked to leave all the time.  Ex bf's of a girl one of the brothers happening to be now dating are asked to leave all the time.  The QB of a rival school gets in with some of his friends but then other fraternity brothers have a problem with it and tell him to leave before they "make him leave"?  Happens all the time.  But when it happens to Johnny football it is front page ESPN news.

Oh snap, a 20 y/o college kid has a fake ID.  I had one at 17, it sucked, but I could buy beer with it at Food Lion.  I had a better one at 20 that got me into all the bars in the bottom while at VCU.  Also had it taken away by the police when I was carrying beer into a party on Cary and they were spot checking people.  Good thing I wasn't Johnny football or the Denver Post may have written a story about me also.

It doesn't matter what we think.  Only thing matters what NFL scouts think when he turns pro, maybe next year or the year after.

Does these little things starting add up and become  big things.   He's showing he needs to grow up and if he wants his NFL dreams to come true, he will need to do that by the time he turns pro.

Just out of curiosity, have you never missed a meeting, work, or school due to an illness?  

Johnny Football, best to my knowledge wasn't sick.  But let's assume he was for the time being.  My answer is as follows:

I have.

But I also wasn't missing for four hours with people wondering where I was.  The proper people were notified before the scheduled start time.

I'm also not under consistent scrutiny to be perfect.  I've never had the opportunity to be apart of something as major as an NFL team.

The reality is that when you want to be part of something that almost no one else gets to do you have to be near perfect.  You don't get to "be a kid" and act like you're 20.  That's the trade off if you want to be a high level athlete.

Would you be comfortable if RG3 started missing meetings or oversleeping?

I can't feel bad for him. None of this would have happened had he made his commitments at the Manning Passing Academy.

Johnny Football, best to my knowledge wasn't sick. But let's assume he was for the time being. My answer is as follows:

I have.

But I also wasn't missing for four hours with people wondering where I was. The proper people were notified before the scheduled start time.

I'm also not under consistent scrutiny to be perfect. I've never had the opportunity to be apart of something as major as an NFL team.

The reality is that when you want to be part of something that almost no one else gets to do you have to be near perfect. You don't get to "be a kid" and act like you're 20. That's the trade off if you want to be a high level athlete.

Nope. He is paid to be there. Johnny Manziel was volunteering amd missed his assignment.

I don't really care what he does off the field as long as he's not getting arrested. 

From what I hear he's not doing anything illegal 

Just being a normal college kid

Which is the point that is being missed by a lot of people.

The horror of a college kid having a fake ID.....  LOL. 

I can't feel bad for him. None of this would have happened had he made his commitments at the Manning Passing Academy.

Johnny Football, best to my knowledge wasn't sick. But let's assume he was for the time being. My answer is as follows:

I have.

But I also wasn't missing for four hours with people wondering where I was. The proper people were notified before the scheduled start time.

I'm also not under consistent scrutiny to be perfect. I've never had the opportunity to be apart of something as major as an NFL team.

The reality is that when you want to be part of something that almost no one else gets to do you have to be near perfect. You don't get to "be a kid" and act like you're 20. That's the trade off if you want to be a high level athlete.

Nope. He is paid to be there. Johnny Manziel was volunteering amd missed his assignment.

Johnny made a commitment to do something.  He failed to honor his commitment.

If I'm an NFL scout that's a pretty big ****ing deal.

I don't really care what he does off the field as long as he's not getting arrested. 

The concept that Johnny Football is a normal college kid is absolutely foolish.  He is an elite athlete with aspirations of becoming an NFL player.  He is going to be, and should be, held to a higher standard by NFL scouts.  The reality is that he doesn't get to be a normal 20 year old kid.  If he came out tomorrow and said he wants to be a dentist then at that point NFL Scouts and ESPN will no longer care about what he does in his free time.

But I don't expect that to happen.

The concept that Johnny Football is a normal college kid is absolutely foolish.  He is an elite athlete with aspirations of becoming an NFL player.  He is going to be, and should be, held to a higher standard by NFL scouts.  The reality is that he doesn't get to be a normal 20 year old kid.  If he came out tomorrow and said he wants to be a dentist then at that point NFL Scouts and ESPN will no longer care about what he does in his free time.

But I don't expect that to happen.

Do you think NFL scouts really care that he got kicked out of a frat party?  Probably not.  Why is this news?  The stuff that he's getting into at 20 years old is what most college kids his age are doing.  Let him live. 

Charisma matters. Trust matters. Carrying yourself in the right way and being accountable to your Team, yourself, your fans, matters. At least if you're auditioning to be a multi million dollar NFL Quarterback in a year or two.

Comparing him to stuff we did when we were 20 is fine, I guess. Just keep in mind none of us were signed to $20 million deals and asked to lead a team onto a football field in front of millions. We took jobs for $35k. If that's the path Manziel wants for himself than sure, this is all perfectly acceptable.

The horror of a college kid having a fake ID..... LOL.

Having? No. Giving it to a cop when caught fighting is entirely different than handing it to a bouncer trying to get into a club. You've got to be pretty damn stupid to do that. But with Johnny Screwup its not one thing is it? He just keeps getting into boys-will-be-boys situations because gee golly he's not going to stop being a college kid just because he plays football.

Archived