Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Leadership role causing DeAngelo Hall to step up his own game

authentic

How could you not Love D. Hall?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2013/07/26/leadership-role-causing-deangelo-hall-to-step-up-his-own-game/

“I’ve kind of seen [Amerson] coasting in some [offseason] practices, and we’ve tried to correct it in the film room,” Hall said. “I stood up and told Haz, ‘I can’t even really be mad at him, because I was doing the same thing.’ So, the next day, I tried to go out there, set the tempo and set the tone, and the guys followed. So, you just have to lead by example and try to do things the right way every single play. That’s what we as a team have to do: get better every day, and if you’re not, you’re not getting better.”

• 2 months later...

Hall has been one of the few bright spots on defense. Yes, he's had his moments and has caught alot of negative flap which wasn't really his fault, but the guy plays his ass off. The ball he tipped away from Dez was nothing short of 100% effort on him, and he SHOULD go chew on someone's ass for not backing him up/ taking over coverage. Hall and Wilson are the only 2 i'd keep in the secondary; the others could be seasoning curly fries for all I care.

He's deserved another contract with this team. He wants to be here, he's a Redskins homer, and all he wants is to see this team win.

As for the second poster in this thread, DHall was offered more money for his services in Detroit, he told them to **** off and took the pay cut to stay with HIS team.

Second youngest player to 40 ints in history, being beaten by only a few days by Champ.

One of only two players to have 4tds from fumbles and 4 from picks, Ronde being the other.

He is in his prime and plays his best football against the best WRs.

I've always been a fan of his. DHall is a true redskin and its nice to see people finally giving him the respect.

I've always been a DHall fan.. everyone here likes to rag on him but he gives 100%.

Dude gets hung out to dry repeatedly by the safeties, and has been for the last 3 or 4 years, but never has a word of complaint.

That EZ play was just one example of what he's had to deal with since coming here. Alot of the td's he "gives up" are the fault of the safey, with him playing underneath/trail... and there's nobody on the other side where they should be.

Go on with your bad self DHall!!

The thing I liked most was DHall realizing cover 2 was a failure yet again, and screwing his underneath zone responsibilities and switching up to man coverage on the fly to prevent a TD.

That is leadership to me, sometimes the boss just doesn't know what's best.  I am sure he was scolded for it, but whatever. Seeing Carlos our best cover corner dropping off to cover no one in his short zone, passing the oppositions stud deep threat on onto our leaguered LB FS, was always a head scratcher call to me.

Now that his contract is commiserate with his abilities, there is no reason to hold him to unreal expectations. Or let his trash talking cloud judgment of his abilities.

Indeed.  There have been times in the past where we have all been frustrated w/ hiim.  But, I have to tip my cap to DHall.  He gives max effort and is one of the few players this year who has actually performed well this season.  Heck, he's on D and has actually scored TDs in the first half.  W/ the hodge-podge mix of players in the secondary at times, it's also good that he can provide some kind of leadership.

Here's to hoping he becomes Cutler's favorite target again!!

Hall's been a solid performer for the defense this season. In the past he's been immature on and off the field but finally, it appears as though he finally gets it.

Kudos to DeAngelo Hall...they're well deserved.

Archived