Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Mugabe says of Obama’s gay rights push, ‘We ask, was he born out of homosexuality?’

visionary

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2013/07/25/mugabe-says-of-obamas-gay-rights-push-we-ask-was-he-born-out-of-homosexuality/

Mugabe says of Obama’s gay rights push, ‘We ask, was he born out of homosexuality?’

Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe railed against President Obama during a recent campaign rally, arguing that the U.S. president wanted to force Africa to “embrace homosexuality,” according to the Herald, a Zimbabwean newspaper that the Economist describes as “state controlled” and “slavishly pro-Mugabe.”

The African leader often criticizes homosexuality or other perceived enemies to gin up populist support, but the turn against Obama included a new comment.

“Then we have this American president, Obama, born of an African father, who is saying we will not give you aid if you don’t embrace homosexuality,” Mugabe said, according to the Herald. “We ask, was he born out of homosexuality? We need continuity in our race, and that comes from the woman, and no to homosexuality. John and John, no; Maria and Maria, no.” He then broke briefly into Shona, a native Zimbabwean language, before concluding, it’s not clear about whom, “If they don’t, we will cut their heads off.”

Mugabe also reiterated his oft-repeated comparison between homosexuals and pigs. “They are worse than dogs and pigs, yes worse than dogs and pigs,” he said. “I keep pigs and the male pig knows the female one.” Parts of the speech, including some of the swipe at Obama, were independently reported in the Zimbabwean outlet NewsDay.

Gibbs Hog Heaven, on 25 Jul 2013 - 14:33, said:

I ask ...... Is Mugabe a Republican?

Hail.

No, but he is a leftist. Wouldn''t that put him on the same side of the spectrum as Democrats?

I could be naughty and say there's no real left in American politics but the ensuing debate would tax even TWA so I'ma be good and not say that.

Hail.

Archived