Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Movie "The Conjuring"

HSW

I've yet to see it but the people I know that have seen it said it was incredibly disappointing. I'm a big horror fan and I was told to wait for the rental. Really wanted to go see it too but I'm going to wait it out.

I'm devastated.  Guess I'll wait for the rental as well.

I saw it last weekend.  It doesn't live up to the hype, but it's not terrible either.  If you go in with lowered expectations, you'll probably enjoy it.  If you're expecting something that rivals the Exorcist, you'll be disappointed.

I've yet to see it but the people I know that have seen it said it was incredibly disappointing. I'm a big horror fan and I was told to wait for the rental. Really wanted to go see it too but I'm going to wait it out.

Yeah I was pretty bummed myself considering the crap that gets passed off as horror now. I honestly can't remember the last, new horror movie I've seen that was good....

I admit it, I jumped a couple of times.  The problem is that it seems when it comes to horror, the big studios have to latch onto a single sub-genre at a time and play it out to death.  They are still going forward with a Poltergeist remake, but by the time it is out we will have had Insidious 2, and possibly The Conjuring 2 (sequel is confirmed, just not sure for when).

Also, is Patrick Wilson the go-to guy now for haunted house flicks?

I did enjoy the movie, although the fact that they showed the demon so early kind of took away the effect from it later on.

Also, the Warrens are the same couple involved in Amityville Horror, so I think the sequel may be about that case because.....

***SPOILERS***

Right at the end, the husband says to the wife "They want us to go check out a case in Long Island"  and that is where Amityville Horror took placed.

i saw sinister a couple of months back. i really expected it to be good, but halfway thru, i was shaking my head at the predictability and silliness of it. definitely did not live up to the hype.

heard good things about conjuring though. 

I admit it, I jumped a couple of times.  The problem is that it seems when it comes to horror, the big studios have to latch onto a single sub-genre at a time and play it out to death.  They are still going forward with a Poltergeist remake, but by the time it is out we will have had Insidious 2, and possibly The Conjuring 2 (sequel is confirmed, just not sure for when).

Also, is Patrick Wilson the go-to guy now for haunted house flicks?

I did enjoy the movie, although the fact that they showed the demon so early kind of took away the effect from it later on.

Also, the Warrens are the same couple involved in Amityville Horror, so I think the sequel may be about that case because.....

***SPOILERS***

IIRC they also did the "Molly House" in Atchison, Kansas, as well as the house in Connecticut that that painfully bad movie that came out a few years ago was based on. They could probably spin 3 movies out of the whole thing. I don't think I've ever seen a movie on the Molly House. That would be pretty good I think.

It's a good old school haunted house/demon style movie that's more about creepy atmosphere and music/sound than special effects. Movies like this require you to shut up, focus, and let them scare you. This is not an action movie at all. I liked it but I like movies like this. It's sort of like insidious but no hilarious black painted demon.

Yeah I was pretty bummed myself considering the crap that gets passed off as horror now. I honestly can't remember the last, new horror movie I've seen that was good....

It wasn't technically new, but the first thing I think of is The Ring.

I went to see this yesterday and I enjoyed it. It was a lot better than some of the recent horror movies that I have seen lately (Insidious, Sinister) but I didn't go into it with really high expectations.

I really doubt that anything will be able to freak me out the way that The Exorcist did with the Spider Walk scene but I still enjoy watching these movies searching for something to make my hair stand up lol.

Archived