Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The importance of the British Monarchy to America and its people.

Gibbs Hog Heaven

If tomorrow GB was to announce that they have a real functioning government that has been in place for a very long time and the silly business of having a royal fairy tail pretend government was not going to be supported anymore and the entire country just pretended that it never happened and it vanished over night, would anything happen to GB or the rest of the world?

Back on topic. I don't know if this has been brought up or not, but doesn't it kind of sucks for Harry? The baby is a day old and he instantly trumps Harry in importance.

I doubt he cares. It will only ever matter if his brother died - which is hardly a desirable scenario for him.

Harry is my favourite.

Back on topic. I don't know if this has been brought up or not, but doesn't it kind of sucks for Harry? The baby is a day old and he instantly trumps Harry in importance.

Are you kidding?  If I was going to trade places with any of them, it would be Harry.  I mean, I know he had to go through military service (is that actually a requirement of something you just "should do?") and I know he spent time on the front lines in the Middle East by his own choice.  But beyond that and a few state visits, what I've basically heard of him is the following.

1. Got drunk and high with friends while in high school, fought with paparazzi.

2. Goes to lavish costume parties, though the Nazi costume was a bad choice.

3. Plays strip billiards with a bunch of chicks while drunk in Vegas.

Now I know he's done other stuff, the war and the official visits and all.  But if you're not inclined to do anything like that, does he really have to?  He doesn't have to worry about ever shouldering the "official" burden of being king, arguing over policies, negotiating anything, unless he feels like getting involved.  He can basically live a Billy Madison type lifestyle if he wants.

"You enjoy yourself at that state dinner William, rubbing elbows and negotiating in the best interests of our country.  I'm going to roll out of bed around noon today and prepare myself for another round of drinking, gambling, playing strip-whatever with chicks, racing fast cars with the guys, just like yesterday...and the day before that....and the day before that...put it all on the royal tab."

I know I'm exaggerating and he's more responsible than that, but that option is available to him if he just decides he doesn't want to be involved in anything official.  I would much prefer that sort of freedom.  The way I see it, the only thing William has on him is a smoking hot wife.  Otherwise, I'd rather be Harry 10 times out of 10. 

The interest in the UK is much higher now than 10 or 20 years a go and it's all down to celebrity culture.  Famous for no reason is fashionable as everyone feels they could do nothing and be revered for it.

As far as the US, I think it shows how there is an aristocracy in America and it is becoming more and more entrenched as social mobility is declining.

As an aside I'd love Harry to have a DNA test to see who his father is.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-EpNxZLCPpXY/TfpicxX9PMI/AAAAAAAANLc/R7oFbivFZts/s400/prince%252Bharry%252Bjames%252Bhewitt.jpg&imgrefurl=http://itsnews2them.blogspot.com/2011/06/dna-proves-who-is-prince-harrys-real.html&h=200&w=349&sz=16&tbnid=bllMqGtefx43sM:&tbnh=70&tbnw=122&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dprince%2Bharry's%2Breal%2Bfather%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=prince+harry's+real+father&usg=__cnliBiy9W39j5-3UNo0_3x_c4vM=&docid=5582vvGlJvgHfM&sa=X&ei=ADHxUa_DM8LH0QXB3IDADQ&sqi=2&ved=0CDwQ9QEwBA&dur=3662

Things That Came From Great Britain That Are Awesome In The Book of Hawgboy:

The United States

Marshall Amplification

Iron Maiden

Pink Floyd

Games Workshop/ WARHAMMER!!! (though this is more of a love/hate relationship)

All the "Whodunnits!?" that air on Masterpiece Mystery

The Damned

The Sex Pistols

Joy Division

Prince Harry (I'd love to guzzle a few pints with that bloke)

Shaun of the Dead

I'm willing to bet that Harry hopes William has a couple more boys to put even more distance between him and the throne.

On a separate tangent, I would take Piper over Kate in a heartbeat.

I'm willing to bet that Harry hopes William has a couple more boys to put even more distance between him and the throne.

Her name isn't Piper, and you're are so, so, wrong.

Her name isn't Piper, and you're are so, so, wrong.

Sorry Pippa, and I am so right!

Pippa%20Middleton-13.jpg

pippa-middleton-celebrate-book-launch-pa

Whilst I'm happy to see baby and mom safe and sound I would have loved to have this soon to be/one day, Prince of Wales, actually born in Wales (since ALOT is made of the fact that Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge now live in Wales) .  Back in the dark ages the English murdered our Prince of Wales (Llewyllen ap Gruyfydd) and since then we've had to put up with English imitators (who learn Welsh for two minutes);  give us back our Principality, give us a true Prince of Wales and then I'll have a modicum of respect for the Royal family.  Until then - American's are welcome to them!

CYMRU AM BYTH ...

PS:  Please excuse spelling Mr. has been practicing our pina coladas ready for the beach and I'm official tester (hic).

I'm not into Hollywood Celebs, gossip, reality TV, or any of that junk. In fact I dispise it and think that whole culture makes the people involved slobbering Troglodytes. And I could not care less about what is happening with the royals. Glad there was no complications but other than that.......whatever.

Whilst I'm happy to see baby and mom safe and sound I would have loved to have this soon to be/one day, Prince of Wales, actually born in Wales (since ALOT is made of the fact that Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge now live in Wales) .  Back in the dark ages the English murdered our Prince of Wales (Llewyllen ap Gruyfydd) and since then we've had to put up with English imitators (who learn Welsh for two minutes);  give us back our Principality, give us a true Prince of Wales and then I'll have a modicum of respect for the Royal family.  Until then - American's are welcome to them!

CYMRU AM BYTH ...

PS:  Please excuse spelling Mr. has been practicing our pina coladas ready for the beach and I'm official tester (hic).

Yeah, I've always wondered what the Welsh's relationship with the English is. I know the Scots and English share a rather...tenuous relationship, but I haven't heard much from Wales.

The British monarchy represents everything that this country abhors. The idea that certain people are better because of breeding... Class distinctions incapable of being crossed. Showing subservience to a group of inbred leaches for no other reason than you're told to. It is the English way, do what you're told and know your place. The very reason we kicked them out 200 years ago.

CYMRU AM BYTH ...

While we're at it, the Irish in me (even though I've only been to Ireland once, but hey, my great-great grandparents were off the boat) says, give us back the rest of our ****ing island, ye ****s ;)

The British monarchy represents everything that this country abhors. The idea that certain people are better because of breeding... Class distinctions incapable of being crossed. Showing subservience to a group of inbred leaches for no other reason than you're told to. It is the English way, do what you're told and know your place. The very reason we kicked them out 200 years ago.

You forgot to drop the mic and walk off the stage briskly.

Archived