Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Enough is Enough: Story lines from around the NFL (not related to the Redskins) that you really don't want to read about anymore

Hitman21ST

It is that time of the offseason, where the mediots start grasping at straws to make headlines. If there's any way something can be NFL related, they're running with it for as long as they can. Well, like the title says, enough is enough. Here's your chance to vent. What are you just plain old tired of hearing about?

For me, it's anything related to the Jets. I can't tell you how many times I've heard stories coming out of "Jets West" that are a whole bunch of nonsense and ridiculousness. Did Sanchez invite Smith? Did Smith spurn Mark and the team? Will Kellen Winslow catch 100 passes this year? Seriously, who the **** cares? The Jets have become the joke of the NFL, I don't think anyone that doesn't wear Jet green cares anymore.

Yep. I get annoyed when I hear about any of the young QBs other than Griffin :) but the one that really bugs me is Kaepernick. I'd like to see him be a Day One starter before declaring him anything. There is a big difference between that and coming in off the bench in the middle of the season.

I.(and this will lead with my "most hated" news event/media/public reaction role for awhile no matter what the category)--All Things Zimmerman.

2. Kaep--I respect the competitor and talent, but looks like another ego-dick. Perfect match with the coach (also respected but dislike the persona)

3. Seahawks--once perhaps the "nicest" franchise in the league (and less than a decade ago, the home crowd, while super loud then too, was still taking shots from other west coast fans about it being too "laid back" and "mellow"). A great city, great region, and a lot of non-asshole fans, but the climate has shifted noticeably. A fair share of egoist assholes from top to bottom, team-wise, and a newer growing contingent of punk/thug/loudmouth idiot fanbase. Many longtime stadium goers complain about the decline over the last 7-8 years in conduct and drunkenness, however, as we all know, winning is a balm that soothes many other discomforts. They may have the talent and be headed for big things consistently, but I'm hoping for their season to be one of mournful lamentations, serious angst with a extra helping of crushed spirits <insert old devil smiley>.

4. Tebow---the "health" ("mind" and "body") of sports media has become about as shaky as 24-7 non-sports news and "reporting." The Tebow stuff is another great example. ESPN's analcysts and "broadcasters" could be more scientifically accurate if characterized as primarily a collection of semi-trained morons (or "media personalities") who can string words together with intelligible enough articulation (does not apply to former NFL players) in terms of recognizing the words they use, but of jumbled or no meaning (essentially "noises" made to mimic communication).

5. All things "NFL athlete and twitter." Even most of my ES friends know my "lawn" position on "overuse" (that's being open-minded) of social media sites. I know twitter has its uses. In the last 5 years, it has actually become useful even to someone like me in working with research groups. But way too often to me, it's like watching old school stereotype "ladies at the hair salon" gossip, and equally too often, a stunning level of self-absorption and overestimate self-worth/importance (a broad cultural trend), being given respectable and important positioning in social interaction. Now get off my lawn.  :P

6. Redskins name change.

• Russell Wilson/Seahawks - The Seahwaks are a solid team, but they haven't won anything ever, just got back to the playoffs and already they are a media darling, despite signing one of the most fragile players in the league to use as their big weapon who is supposed to propel their offense over the hump.  Don't even get me started on the R. Wilson hype train. Respectable season for a rookie, but the feel-good nature of the story out-matches his actual production.

• Dallas finally getting things right.  Does this one even need an explanation?

• NFL players and their tweets.  Just...no.

• Chip Kelly and his offense. Hooray, the Eagles have a new and exciting coach. Bravo....Spurrier and Saban were also new and exciting.

• Chip Kelly and his offense. Hooray, the Eagles have a new and exciting coach. Bravo....Spurrier and Saban were also new and exciting.

Exactly.  I'm a Pac-12 guy (man, it feels weird not saying "Pac-10" anymore), and I've had discussions with fellow Pac-12 fans about Chip Kelly and his chances in Philly.  Many are level-headed, but some are over-the-moon about Kelly.  And I just don't get it.  Even after I brought up your examples of Spurrier & Saban in the NFL, they remain steadfast in their enthusiasm.  The Oregon Ducks were a nice story on Kelly's watch.  I didn't think anyone could get them any farther along than his predecessor, Mike Bellotti, got them.  But I also recall Kelly getting outcoached in that National Championship Game versus Auburn.  If that was an indication of future success for Kelly, then Iggle fans had better steel themselves for the worst.

Archived