Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What do you think about the current state of 3D movies?

Springfield

So it seems that every movie that is coming out lately has a 3D version. This 3D version is much more advanced than your fathers 3D. No muti-colored glasses and it really looks... Real.

So what do you all think about 3D?

Is it a passing phase? Are there movies that you can't watch in anything but 3D? Is the theater experience better than at home?

What are your thoughts on 3D?

Me, personally. I love 3D. Can't get enough of it. Wish there were more movies that were specifically made for 3D. Wish that the home experience offered more depth but I'll take what I can get at home.

So it seems that every movie that is coming out lately has a 3D version. This 3D version is much more advanced than your fathers 3D. No muti-colored glasses and it really looks... Real.

So what do you all think about 3D?

Is it a passing phase? Are there movies that you can't watch in anything but 3D? Is the theater experience better than at home?

What are your thoughts on 3D?

Me, personally. I love 3D. Can't get enough of it. Wish there were more movies that were specifically made for 3D. Wish that the home experience offered more depth but I'll take what I can get at home.

Brought a 50" Samsung 1080p 3dtv and I must say I am disappointed with the 3d, The depth is there and its nice but after maybe 20 minutes you really dont notice it and it just becomes a regular movie the clarity is amazing with bluray but something is lef out. People hate when I say this but there just isnt enough pop out effect and when there is a pop out effect I feel like it should be more in your face. Disney World and Universal studios when theres a pop out effect it feels like its right there infront of you like you can touch it, I don't get that home. The glasses feels retarded most of the time and annoying and if your just watching depth of a image which adds to the movie yes but if your going to watch 3d then make it fun. 

When I first brought my TV 2 years ago during the summer olympics I was blown away with some of the nbc3D broadcast, the gymnastics was pretty amazing. ESPN 3D Boxing as well was just amazing you get a in your seat at the stadium experiece because you are able to see the punches at different angles and the depth really really shines with that. Boxing is the only thing I would pay for in 3d but theres little to none in 3d, I want to see Mayweather Alverez in 3d.

I think it's a gimmick, most major studio movies come out in 3D because they are harder to pirate/copy.

Most 3D that is out there is for animation, which I just don't get. Some filmmakers use good camera set ups or shots, but most of the time it's the gimmick you'd expect: hero flies/drives fast through debris, big chunks of CGI debris are in 3D.

At the latest electronics expo (CES, or E3) 3D is now only a feature on tv's, not the star. Which is good, manufacturers spent to much time & money on 3D while ignoring picture quality for HD 2D.

First 3D movie I ever saw was Avatar the 3D was so good I found myself swatting at the bugs. I won't pay extra for 3D if it isn't an action movie or something more visual, but I will gladly shell out the $1-3 more for an action movie in 3D bevause I really like the visuals. Thransformers Dark of the Moon for instance was great in 3D and the scene where the special forces were sky diving through the city was most excellent.

I don't care for 3D and really don't see what the big deal.  Unless it's a real visual movie and they aren't too many of those; I see no need for 3D.  It's just a gimmick designed to make money for BIG MOVIE STUDIO.

The higher ticket prices are masking the fact there are fewer people going to the movies.   Maybe if they came up with a good story, they could make money.

I wouldn't get it for the home, but certaim action/sci fi movies in the theater seem way better in 3D. Avatar was an incredibly stupid movie, but the 3D effects in it made it fantastic. Latest Star Trek was great in 3D, but Abrams completely overdid the lens flare/flashing lights. The Great Oz was nice in 3D, but I think would've been rather dull in 2D once Mila Kunis wasn't being shown in skintight leather pants. On the other hand, I can't imagine the use of seeing something like The Great Gatsby in 3D.

I paid a lot of money for LASIK to stop wearing glasses. The last thing I want to do is pay more $$ for a movie to have to wear glasses. I think of it as a gimmick and usually pass on the 3D option. I've watched maybe 4-5 3d movies and the only one that I thought added a lot of value was Tron because of all the dark shades.

Archived