Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Happy Birthday to the Boston Braves (Washington Redskins)

SonnyandSam

On this day, in 1932, the NFL and George Preston Marshall founded the Boston Braves which eventually became the Washington Redskins.

On July 8, 1933 (yesterday), the Boston Braves became the Boston Redskins and played their games at Fenway Park.

Happy Birthday!

P.S. The Redskins web site has nothing about the franchise' birthday. Someone is asleep at the wheel.

Betcha' they do after reading this SandS. ES leading the way for the mediots as always.

Happy 81/ 80 B/day to the most important thing in my life outside my faith and family. (As wrong as that may be.).

Hail.

I don't see how that's in any way wrong. Your priorities are straight. There's got to be something after faith and family. Although, I was kind of expecting it to be me :P

• 11 months later...

Betcha' they do after reading this SandS. ES leading the way for the mediots as always.

Happy 81/ 80 B/day to the most important thing in my life outside my faith and family. (As wrong as that may be.).

Hail.

Faith, Family, & Redskins Football are all equal...ask my dad, (the preacher who started service at 10:30 so everyone in his flock could get dinner & be recliner-bound by kickoff if they so chose)...which he did, LOL :)

On this day, in 1932, the NFL and George Preston Marshall founded the Boston Braves which eventually became the Washington Redskins.

On July 8, 1933 (yesterday), the Boston Braves became the Boston Redskins and played their games at Fenway Park.

Happy Birthday!

P.S. The Redskins web site has nothing about the franchise' birthday. Someone is asleep at the wheel.

I can't understand not celebrating the Boston Braves.  Especially now being attacked for the Redskin moniker as this should tell you that Marshall saw a Redskin as a warrior and would mean that the Atlanta Braves need to change their name before we do!

Archived