Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Washington Redskins: All-time underrated, overrated players

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000210663/article/washington-redskins-alltime-underrated-overrated-players

Underrated

London Fletcher -- LB, 2007-12
I hope that during my lifetime, London Fletcher finally gets the respect he's due. The guy simply is indestructible. He defines consistent productivity and durability, and he's the quintessential professional. Fletcher's finally gotten a few Pro Bowl nods in recent years, but he still doesn't get the respect or praise he's earned. Not that he'd ever ask for it. He puts it all on the line each week, playing one of the game's toughest positions, and he's the ultimate team player. Without Fletch, the Redskins defense would be without a true leader and the NFL would be without a total class act. Here's to hoping Canton comes calling for Fletcher someday.

Alfred Morris -- RB, 2012-present
It's much too premature to write the story of Alfred Morris' NFL career. Still, doesn't it feel like he'll go his whole career without getting the national attention he deserves? Redskins Nation knew we struck gold when Morris, a sixth-round pick last year, nearly hit the 100-yard plateau and scored two touchdowns in his debut. He seemed to get better each week during the 2012 season. An amazing campaign culminated in the regular-season finale against the hated Dallas Cowboys, against whom Morris toted the rock 33 times for 200 yards and three touchdowns. You can make the argument Morris deserves as much credit as RGIII for the Redskins winning the NFC East. After finishing second to Adrian Peterson and Arian Foster in rushing yards and rushing touchdowns, respectively, what will Alf do for an encore? The kid's future's so bright, he's got to wear shades...while driving that 1991 Mazda 626 he still takes to Redskins Park.

Art Monk -- WR, 1980-93
It's sad that some remember Monk more by the lack of appreciation he got than by the incredible, consistent production he put up in the NFL. Depending which theory you subscribe to, it's a shame he got overlooked because of politics, media members playing favorites, his quiet off-field demeanor or not always dominating a game due to the other offensive talent around him. After seven straight years as a finalist for the Pro Football Hall of Fame, the great No. 81 finally got his rightful call from the Hall in 2008. That August day, with a sea of burgundy and gold in the Canton crowd watching Monk and Darrell Green get enshrined, is one of the proudest days in Redskins history. Simply put, Monk is the franchise's best receiver. When I get nostalgic and want to reminisce over Redskins memories of yesteryear, I watch highlights of "The Fun Bunch." Monk was a big part of those glory years, and his place in the annals is secure.

There's a bunch more at the link...

I don't blame them for putting Betts on the underrated list, but most of the guys on the overrated list weren't rated to begin with once they got here: Shuler, Archuletta. Theisman I believe to an extent talking to my dad and other older fans. But Haynesworth was DPOY when we signed him; he just turned out to be more of an *** then anyone could've imagined. Lavar should've been on that list, not Hall. Replace Shuler with Patrick Ramsey.

Yeah Shuler doesn't really make much sense to me. Expectations coming into the league vs the results of his tenure, sure. But I don't think anyone who watched him play a down in the NFL overrated him. He was pretty much godawful from day 1.

Colt Brennan should have made this list without even playing.  

I personally feel like Fred Davis is more over-rated than Hall.  Everyone knows Hall isn't as good as he thinks he is, Fred, on the other hand, has yet to put together a full pro-bowl worthy season.  Some people see him as a top 5 te around here, but he was averaging 46 yards per game last year, good enough for 11th best among te, and it's not like he's an elite blocker.

Archived