Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Any Green Bay tips?

Hoagie1980

My brother and I are making the trip to Green Bay to see the Redskins in September. Having never been I was wondering if anyone here has any tips or ideas on how to make game day a little more awesome (as if just going to Lambeau is awesome enough). We will only be there on game day so I'm wondering about tailgating, local bars/restraunts, parking, etc... Anybody else going?

Went in 2007...buy a parking pass on ebay or wherever. That will guarantee you a spot in one of the lots and you won't need to mess with finding a spot once you get there. Get there early....it's a noon start, so be there by 8:00 or earlier. Be prepared for traffic postgame---not many ways to get in and out of GB.

It is an amazing place; a unique setting and you are likely to find Packers fans as welcoming and friendly as any in the NFL. I'd suggest going into the stadium an hour or so before kickoff...walk around a bit, take some pics, soak in the history.

Get there the morning before the game. Do the Lambeau tour and the HOF tour. It is worth it.  Also, make it out to the Green Bay zoo and hit a dairy farm for some fresh cheese. You will never have fresher cheese, and you will crave it for months afterwards.  You can park in the Resch Center grass for cash ($30 back in 2007; corner of S Oneida and Lombardi). I got there at 7 am and got the corner spot right across the street from the Lambeau lots.

Archived