Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Big Lebowski moments in real life

mistertim

So everyone (who can call themselves a real person) loves The Big Lebowski...I do too. But how often do real life events mimic the movie itself? Probably more often than not.

Case in point:

I was at the gym recently and there were two guys who were, I assume, lifting buddies doing kettlebell squats. They were, for form reasons I suppose, facing each other while doing said exercise. They were doing quick half squats and it was essentially synchronized and quick tempo. As soon as I saw it the image of The Jesus and his bowling partner facing each other and cleaning their bowling balls came to mind. I almost dropped the dumbbells I was carrying and cracked up.

So what Big Lebowski moments have you seen or been reminded of IRL?

My buddy told me a great story one time...

So he and two of his friends were out at some strip club, I think it was in New Orleans.  Anyway, one of his buddies is getting a lapdance from this black stripper while my friend and the other guy are watching.  Without getting into the details of what she was doing, the one guy leans over and whispers in my buddies, ear... "Darkness warshed over the Dude..."  He almost pissed himself.  

My buddy told me a great story one time...

So he and two of his friends were out at some strip club, I think it was in New Orleans.  Anyway, one of his buddies is getting a lapdance from this black stripper while my friend and the other guy are watching.  Without getting into the details of what she was doing, the one guy leans over and whispers in my buddies, ear... "Darkness warshed over the Dude..."  He almost pissed himself.  

that's DAMN funny ... 

i was partying with a few irish guys  (when I say irish, i mean fresh off the boat) i befriended while living in florida. 

well, they gave me something that was not what they said it was and I wandered the streets of Palm Beach much like the Dude did after he left Jackie Treehorn's party.  I had just as whacky images going through my head as well.  The night did end up similar to the Dude's. 

I always like to say this and replace "finger" with the item someone wants:"You want a finger? I can get you a finger, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me. Hell, I can get you a finger by 3 o'clock this afternoon... 

Archived