Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pick - a - Skin:: Who Would You Really Like To See Step It Up This Season?

This should be an upcoming season of promise and expectations.

Last year, the Washington Redskins, picked to finish near the bottom of the conference, surprised alot of people, admittingly so, myself to a degree.  Pleasantly, I will add.

RGIII, Morris, and Garcon stepped onto the Superdome turf and caught everyone by surprise, as it was the first game of the season with alot of drama, ups, and downs, but in the end the season was one to create excitement once again for the proud supporters of the burgundy & gold.

With that being said, a number of free agents and current players stepped up this past year, so who is the one offensive and/or defensive player OR coach you would really like to see turn their game up a few notches?  Who would you like to see either improve or expand their game?

Mine:

Leonard Hankerson:

A receiver with seemingly alot of potential, but has yet to step up and challenge for a pass catcher worthy of opponents worrying about.  Alot of talk focused on this guy last few years, but has yet to live up to the promise.

Rob Jackson :

Where did this guy come from? This was what alot of people asked last year, as later in the season, Rob made some  great plays on defense,  and earned a hero's cheer when he picked off Tony Romo sits to pee to secure the Redskins NFC east Championship.  My hopes is he continues to be a growing force to deal with, and stays hungry, because he can be another "Fletch" type guy, and thats not a bad thing at all.

You guys are picking the wrong Robinson lol...

Well the Highlander has to give up his spot first, so he might get into the rotation sometime around 2020. i would like to see Keenan recover well and get some action this year.

Hankerson is the big one. I'd like to see Davis score from outside the redzone more, but i can live with him being a first down machine. Helu would be nice, but between him, Morris, thompson, and jamison, i don't think him not stepping up would hurt us much.

On defense, Jenkins, Orakpo (return to form more than step up, but same deal), and Meriweather. As for corners and FS, i just want someone to play well, regardless of who. I would love to see Biggers play great though, he could be a dark horse.

You guys are picking the wrong Robinson lol...

Well the Highlander has to give up his spot first, so he might get into the rotation sometime around 2020. i would like to see Keenan recover well and get some action this year.

Hankerson is the big one. I'd like to see Davis score from outside the redzone more, but i can live with him being a first down machine. Helu would be nice, but between him, Morris, thompson, and jamison, i don't think him not stepping up would hurt us much.

On defense, Jenkins, Orakpo (return to form more than step up, but same deal), and Meriweather. As for corners and FS, i just want someone to play well, regardless of who. I would love to see Biggers play great though, he could be a dark horse.

I forgot about him...you're absolutely right.

And as if right on cue lol...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000215423/article/making-the-leap-no-36-redskins-de-jarvis-jenkins

Making the Leap: No. 36 Redskins DE Jarvis Jenkins

Around The League will profile the top 40 players we see Making a Leap in 2013.

Why he's on the list

Jenkins was billed as the prototype 3-4 defensive end when the Washington Redskins selected him with the No. 41 overall pick in the 2011 NFL Draft. He was the talk of training camp as a rookie, outplaying veteran Adam Carriker before tearing his anterior cruciate ligament in the third preseason game.

Coming off knee surgery, Jenkins didn't exhibit the same power and quickness coming off the ball until after the Week 10 bye. He proved more stout against the run, as evidenced by this play where he sheds Baltimore Ravens guard Kelechi Osemele and explodes laterally to tackle Ray Rice for a 2-yard loss. This is the strength of Jenkins' game.

[...]Beat writers and coaches have noticed a quicker and stronger Jenkins in offseason practices. "I think Jarvis has looked better than he did his first year. He understands the defense now," defensive coordinator Jim Haslett said last week. "He has got his feet under him. He's got the brace off. He's running around. ... I think he'll make a lot more plays this year than he did last year."

While not extremely necessary or at all likely, I would absolutely love Niles to step up his game. If we had FOUR productive TEs..... We'd be stacked.

Back to reality, though, I'd like to see Jarvis step up on defense since Carricker looks doubtful, and for either Nixon or Compton on offense.

Jarvis Jenkins. He seems to have the potential to be that Ndamukong Suh type player. Interior defensive lineman who is disruptive and creates havoc while getting a good push up the middle and forcing the QB to keep backing up. Especially with Carriker out Jenkins needs to be that 5-6 sack guy who stuffs the run. If he cannot do that this season, well that's why we hold a draft every year.

Archived