Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

he’s the team mascot at this point 

also, I am feeling good if I am Boston. Took a ridiculously insane 3rd quarter, missing 2 key players, Jimmy going off and Tatum/Jaylen playing poorly to win. Think they take it in 6 

For me The extreme swing was Boston shooting 60% and having 40 points in the paint in the first half.  Both numbers well over the norm and not sustainable.  Miami gave up an average 39 paint points/game.

Boston came in scorching after their game 7 win. I wouldn’t be so quick to write off the Heat as “just having a great quarter.” Tatum had 21 points at the half and Jimmy stole his soul in the 2nd half..

The missing players argument, Miami is w/o their hall of fame qb on the court in Lowry.  The apex of prime play over the season for them includes him. Tucker was hobbled in the first half.

Its gonna be a great series but I see Miami getting it done one way or another. 
I’ll say it again, people sleep on the Heat at your their own peril. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

come on 

If you done think Kyle Lowey isn't equivalent to the NFLs Donovan Mcnabb then the problem is you, sir. 

Mcnabb is HOF.PNG

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Llevron said:

If you done think Kyle Lowey isn't equivalent to the NFLs Donovan Mcnabb then the problem is you, sir. 

Mcnabb is HOF.PNG

This is funny, but so all we're on same page, Lowry ain't going to HOF, right? Right?

20-truly-hilarious-tweets-of-the-anakin-and-padme-2-1135-1627491393-2_dblwide.jpg

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

come on 

I mean, lol, what? The guy has a borderline hall of fame career. Is that not the case? If you dont think so, I’m ok with that. Numbers wise, when he’s been healthy, he’s part of our best 5.
He’s the 2nd highest payed dude on the team. 

The fact that we can still win w/o him doesn’t change the fact we are missing a very big piece is all I’m saying. If you don’t think Lowry matters you haven’t watched the development of this team. 

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

I mean, lol, what? The guy has a borderline hall of fame career. Is that not the case? If you dont think so, I’m ok with that. Numbers wise, when he’s been healthy, he’s part of our best 5.
He’s the 2nd highest payed dude on the team. 

The fact that we can still win w/o him doesn’t change the fact we are missing a very big piece is all I’m saying. If you don’t think Lowry matters you haven’t watched the development of this team. 

Whoa whoa whoa, hold UP.

Up until Kawhi showed up for one season with him, he was a propetual walking mat for LeBron in the playoffs.  Got DeRozen and Casey shipped out of town because of it.

Never been 1st or 2nd team anything, 3rd team All-NBA once, and not even in the year he won a championship. Never even sniffed an MVP award, 6 all-star appearances in 15 seasons?

I get he's "big piece" to the Heat right now, your words not mine, but the he's not borderline HOF.  He's been a good PG with a recognizable name, and that's it.  Him mattering to this Heat team and being in the HOF are too completely different conversations that should be nowhere near each other to make a point for either.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 2

Yeah no way is Lowry a HoF candidate.  But the Basketball HoF is a joke.  The Baseball and Football Halls of Fame admit only the dominant players of their era (except for the known cheaters), but the Basketball HoF lets anyone who was somewhat notable in.  That still absolutely excludes Lowry.

A more interesting question is whether Klay Thompson and Draymond Green are Hall of Famers.  I'd say they are borderline, but if the 8th man on some of those 60's Celtics teams can ride coattails into the Hall then Klay and Draymond should get in.

• Like 2

That’s fair, Ive just heard that bandied about In some discussions down here, I am not making the case for him as a hof. It’s No biggie either way to me.  You can put a “really good player” in that space instead.  It’s all good. 

• Like 1

I loved Pat Bev on ESPN the last few days. Particularly the 1st day, you might not have agreed with him, but he had those talking heads on edge and in check. The 2nd day they were a little bit more prepared for him, particularly JJ Redick. Fake tough guy Stephen A pulled the “he’s my little brother” card so Bev wouldn’t come hard at him. But one thing I did realize. Pat Bev does not like Brian Windhorst. Lol You can tell he doesn’t respect his basketball knowledge. They even had to move the convention when they knew it was about to get real. Lol

They should put Otto on Luka.  Otto is a surprisingly frustrating defender for anyone that can’t easily outrun him.  You just don’t notice it because 90% of NBA wings can just run by him.  

22 minutes ago, Destino said:

Dallas is doing exactly as well as I expected against the Warriors.  

I mean, it's not like the Suns didn't beat the Mavs by 20 and again by 30 in the last series. 

I see why you said what you said, but it's one game.  Hell, Dallas dropped the first two to Phoenix last round.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2022-nba-western-conference-semifinals-mavericks-vs-suns.html