Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Good series.  Boston punished them on the glass and Miami got really desperate looking. They're good and probably maximize the wins that roster is capable of, but Boston just looked better and more balanced.  Tatum looked locked in.  He's better than Butler and asserted that as he took the game over in the fourth.  Feels like he's moving into the top five player echelon.

Warriors in six most likely, they're going to have a huge coaching and experience advantage.  But all it takes is for Curry to turn his ankle or get cold and Tatum is the best player in the series, with a bunch of high quality role players to support him.

13 hours ago, Hersh said:

That three they took off the board didn't look like it on that first replay. I don't like that they can do that. 

Taking points away like that is just ridiculous. Imagine if they did that in the NFL, several scores later, just taking a FG or TD away. 

Sure it was only 3 points, but then later the Heat were down 2 with like 20 seconds to go and had to shoot.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

The entire officiating/replay system going on in the NBA really needs to be retooled.

They need to do what the NHL does and punish people for flopping.  They also need to punish people for getting failed challenges.

It's basically impossible to tell what a foul is in the NBA.  And it can vary from night to night.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 5/30/2022 at 7:05 AM, Going Commando said:

Good series.  Boston punished them on the glass and Miami got really desperate looking. They're good and probably maximize the wins that roster is capable of, but Boston just looked better and more balanced.  Tatum looked locked in.  He's better than Butler and asserted that as he took the game over in the fourth.  Feels like he's moving into the top five player echelon.

Warriors in six most likely, they're going to have a huge coaching and experience advantage.  But all it takes is for Curry to turn his ankle or get cold and Tatum is the best player in the series, with a bunch of high quality role players to support him.

celtics have always played the Kerr warriors tough, probably better than anyone else and they matchup really well with this current group. 

it should be a good series 

My gut is telling me Boston in this one. They’re good… and now they’re battle-tested. They’re deep too.

I hate the idea of Boston getting another championship. And I’ve enjoyed this Warriors dynasty. I have no problem with them winning another.

But the Celtics seem destined for this after this year  - in the way the Bucks were last year. 

How much of a chance are you guys giving the Celtics?  

Celtics had a horrible start and still won 50 games, and with the second best scoring differential in the association.  They’re better defensively than Memphis, which gave the Warriors some problems.  This series might be good.  

2 hours ago, Destino said:

Celtics had a horrible start and still won 50 games, and with the second best scoring differential in the association.  They’re better defensively than Memphis, which gave the Warriors some problems.  This series might be good.  

Am I allowed to say "0% chance, but still going 7 games"?

I agree it will be competitive, but there's no way to hide 130+ Finals games experience on one team to 0 on the other. They even have a rookie head coach, vs Steve Kerr?

As inconsistent as Boston is and Warriors not losing a game at home in the playoffs so far, Boston is ripe for losing a game or two they either jus look bad or should've won, and it costing them a close series.

I respect the Warriors dynasty even more now, rooting for Boston but it's not their time yet.  Reasonable for Boston to start hot next year, stay hot, and be right back, but not this year.

3 hours ago, Destino said:

It should not be a surprise if the Celtics win the series. They play excellent defense, have a couple guys that can go for 40 and some solid role players. The other thing Celtics have going  with a short bench, is that the schedule is ****ing ridiculous and their starters can play big minutes every game. 

Imo Celtics should be favored. They are a legit team and I think are being seriously overlooked in this matchup. Warriors are favorites based on pedigree and beating a seriously flawed Mavs team easily. Celtics are battle tested, hungry, nasty on D, and matchup really well with GS.

I either see Celtics winning a short series or Warriors pulling it out in 7

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Imo Celtics should be favored. They are a legit team and I think are being seriously overlooked in this matchup. Warriors are favorites based on pedigree and beating a seriously flawed Mavs team easily. Celtics are battle tested, hungry, nasty on D, and matchup really well with GS.

I either see Celtics winning a short series or Warriors pulling it out in 7

Sometimes I wonder if the Warriors are being overlooked. 

More battle tested the Celtics, clearly hungry as well if they are here this quickly post-Durant, and while Celtics ended the season as #2 in defensive rating (DRtg), Warriors ended the season #1.

I'm not buying folks are picking Warriors simply because they ran right through a Mavericks team that was clearly in over their head and chucking threes no matter what costing them any chance at winning the series.

Sometimes I wonder how many folks are just sick of the Warriors and them being in the Finals again (6th time in last 8 years), I know I am, big reason im rooting for the Celtics here.

Question: What's more shocking? Warriors beating the Suns in this playoffs or Celtics beating a healthy Miami team in this playoffs?  If the answer is neither, then they both deserve to be here.

Fun Fact: last time these teams played was in San Francisco in March and Celtics won by 22 monkey-look-the-other-way.gif.2f4c138c32c2fce030ccb049f9864297.gif

Here we go again...experience vs youth...looking forward to see if Smart gets put on Curry and how that goes.  It's fair to point out Thompson is not the defensive player he used to be, Celtics can win, not buying they will run through them like a buzzsaw and end this series early.

Edited by Renegade7