Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Oh for sure, but you can’t deny this board has always hated him to prop up wall even well before we knew what a strange dude that guy was. Not you specifically you’re level headed but just generally 

I can dig it, and I remember when that came out and at least my stance on it (as I don't want to speak for anyone).

I was frustrated because at the time I felt Wall was a superior passer, while Kyrie seemed more like a 2 being asked to play the 1.  Fast forward to today and Kyrie's career assist average is 5.7 while Wall's is 9.1.  Kyrie never averaged over 6.9 in a season, even Curry's highest was 8.5.  Kyrie's playoff average goes down to 4.8, Wall's goes up to 9.8.

But Kyrie can take over a game offensively in a way Wall can't, and game on the line that matters more then assists.  Kyrie is the better player and plays same position as Wall, so technically he is a better point guard.  I don't like it, but it's semantics to argue otherwise. 

Pretty sure a lot Wizards fans on ES felt that way 8 years ago (if i remember correctly) and feel that way now (but that's up to them to clarify if they don't).

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I can dig it, and I remember when that came out and at least my stance on it (as I don't want to speak for anyone).

I was frustrated because at the time I felt Wall was a superior passer, while Kyrie seemed more like a 2 being asked to play the 1.  Fast forward to today and Kyrie's career assist average is 5.7 while Wall's is 9.1.  Kyrie never averaged over 6.9 in a season, even Curry's highest was 8.5.  Kyrie's playoff average goes down to 4.8, Wall's goes up to 9.8.

But Kyrie can take over a game offensively in a Wall can't, and game on the line that matters more then assists.  Kyrie is the better player and plays same position as Wall, so technically he is a better point guard.  I don't like it, but it's semantics to argue otherwise. 

Pretty sure a lot Wizards fans on ES felt that way 8 years ago (if i remember correctly) and feel that way now (but that's up to them to clarify if they don't).

Curry is a much better player than Kyrie. I still remember all them hot takes about how Kyrie > Curry especially after the finals. 

lol. Where them people at. 

• Like 1

Kyrie is one of many very good guards that have existed in the long history of the nba.  He’s never won a scoring title and never been seriously considered for an MVP award.  Never lead a team to anything but disappointment either.  

Curry is an all time great.  

These players aren’t on the same level

12 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I thought the Bucks might be in trouble against the Bulls when Middleton went down. I was way wrong  Bulls getting blown out in back to back home games. They need some size up front. 

Where do the Bulls go from here?  They should be smashing a crippled Bucks team but they’re not.  Now what?

4 hours ago, Destino said:

Where do the Bulls go from here?  They should be smashing a crippled Bucks team but they’re not.  Now what?

They gotta get better across their front line and really need to get more defensive minded. I would use DeMare as trade bait. They have Patrick Williams and Lonzo so filling SF is easy. 

The Bulls (23rd), Nets, Hawks and Hornets were the 40+ win teams with defensive ratings 20th or worst. They are a combined 2-10 so far in the playoffs.  

41 minutes ago, Hersh said:

They gotta get better across their front line and really need to get more defensive minded. I would use DeMare as trade bait. They have Patrick Williams and Lonzo so filling SF is easy. 

The Bulls (23rd), Nets, Hawks and Hornets were the 40+ win teams with defensive ratings 20th or worst. They are a combined 2-10 so far in the playoffs.  

Patrick Williams sucks ass.  He had one ****ing point over 30 mins in game 3.  ****ing 0-9 shooting, got one free throw.  Everyone needs to stop thinking Patrick Williams isn't ass. 

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Like 1

This season is yet another example of why all the hand wringing over superteams is stupid and unnecessary.  You still have to play the games. Just rolling a team out there isn't a guarantee, and you can't account for the unexpected. Injuries happen, personalities happen, bad fits happen.  

A lot of these so-called superteams dont even make the Finals, forget about winning it all. 

Question for the board:

Was this year's Lakers supposed to be a Superteam?

Because the idea of having that many players already getting social security checks seemed laughable before season even started, but they were serious.

I'm not ready to count them as another failed superteamup event like the Nets yet, but need yalls opinion first. 

16 minutes ago, Destino said:

I can’t convince myself that the Nets will lose this game.  KD just can’t go out like this.  Not to this Boston team, that doesn’t look like a world beater to me.  

Just doing all the little things. Great team defense, that size is killing BK. Depth is completely lopsided in BOS favor. And that depth is contributing across the board.

Nets are extremely soft in the paint defensively. So many offensive rebounds and layups.

Edited by CRobi21