Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

18 minutes ago, Hersh said:

The NBA needs to move on from Lebron. There are a lot of young exciting players to watch. The Lakers going out sooner than later would be good for the league. 

The Lakers and Lebron aren’t the villains this post season.  

Lake show!!!!! 

2 hours ago, Hersh said:

The NBA needs to move on from Lebron. There are a lot of young exciting players to watch. The Lakers going out sooner than later would be good for the league. 

And all of them are inferior to Lebron 

What's your point 

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

lol you guys are a mess over Lebron 

Typical wizards fans can't stand Lebron after crab dribble. Can't respect greatness! 

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

Agreed. I'm just saying it's boring by comparison to the new young stars rising up. 

Such as 

Who of those young stars is on the level of Lebron? 

Joker? Doncic? 

ZION? 

Please. 

Oh good gracious, don't be so sensitive about Lebron. 

It's not a lack of respect or suggesting the young stars are the same level of greatness at this point as Lebron.  Maybe one of them will reach close to his level someday. Maybe. I'm not making fun of the guy even though the flopping jokes are pretty funny. It's simply about new and that is exciting. Everyone has seen Lebron do his thing. It's not as entertaining as seeing the next generation of stars. 

4 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Hate it or love it the league is dependent on Lebron and the lake show for sky high ratings. Ratings are like 2m when Lebron isn't playing. When he is playing the league got 6 million viewers. For a play in game!!

Which is why it's important to transition to the new stars. Once some of these guys are in conference finals and finals, there will be less of a dramatic fall off and the league will be in good hands when Lebron retires. 

Why not enjoy Lebron and the young superstars?  It is awesome to watch an attempt to "grab the torch".  Can't think of a more open NBA playoff year.  

Projection re: Lebron crab dribble.  I always bring it up as a "I hated the way he torched Wiz with the Cavs, but he's a GOAT"... similar to how Jordan torched the Cavs early in his career before getting his rings. 

• Like 1

Why are NBA games such a magnet for the trashiest, most douchebag sports fans in America?  Suppressed racial resentment?  I don't get why fans shouting racist stuff and spitting/throwing stuff at the players is so common that every long term vet has had incidents happen to them.  It's insane, we need to have much stricter codes of conduct and crack down on fans saying anything racist to players or saying anything about their families.  It's getting to the point where I preferred the empty pandemic arenas.

Sort of related, but I wish Golf would ban fan spectators too.  The swarm around Phil Mickleson last Sunday was insane and Brooks Koepka said someone was hitting his injured leg, which is absolutely ridiculous.  A thousand douchebag fans packed together, shoving their phones in everyones face, and shouting stupid **** and not one of them wearing a mask.  Golf is better without fans.

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

Hate it or love it the league is dependent on Lebron and the lake show for sky high ratings. Ratings are like 2m when Lebron isn't playing. When he is playing the league got 6 million viewers. For a play in game!!

This is how I know I go against the grain because I would rather watch any game that doesn't involve the Lakers. 

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

Why are NBA games such a magnet for the trashiest, most douchebag sports fans in America?  Suppressed racial resentment?  I don't get why fans shouting racist stuff and spitting/throwing stuff at the players is so common that every long term vet has had incidents happen to them.  It's insane, we need to have much stricter codes of conduct and crack down on fans saying anything racist to players or saying anything about their families.  It's getting to the point where I preferred the empty pandemic arenas.

Sort of related, but I wish Golf would ban fan spectators too.  The swarm around Phil Mickleson last Sunday was insane and Brooks Koepka said someone was hitting his injured leg, which is absolutely ridiculous.  A thousand douchebag fans packed together, shoving their phones in everyones face, and shouting stupid **** and not one of them wearing a mask.  Golf is better without fans.

Golf is better without golfers too. But yeah fan interaction has always been bad. Hell the way fans treat each other can be awful. The last NFL game I went to was the Playoff game in Seattle in 2008 I think. The things people said to me and about Sean Taylor, I will never forget or forgive. I'd much rather watch from home. I liked going to Bulls games in Chicago but I was never close enough to the players to hear anything bad.

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

It’s a very good thing that kind of fan behavior is being caught on camera and punished.

Its a very silly thing to think that fans are getting worse.  I’m old...and I definitely heard some things back in 1983-93.

Heckling and taunting is great.  

Any assault with slurs, throwing objects, spitting...there should be zero tolerance of it.  Lifetime bans are fine, but they should also at least spend the night in jail.

7 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Heckling and taunting is great.  

Any assault with slurs, throwing objects, spitting...there should be zero tolerance of it.  Lifetime bans are fine, but they should also at least spend the night in jail.

The amount of people excusing the Philly fan as "it's just popcorn" is disturbing 

Throw anyone who throws anything out popcorn or not 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

It’s a very good thing that kind of fan behavior is being caught on camera and punished.

Its a very silly thing to think that fans are getting worse.  I’m old...and I definitely heard some things back in 1983-93.

fans at lower/younger levels are way worse than 20 years ago. 

Julius Randle is about to steal Playoff P’s rep for not showing up in the playoffs. Dude has been awful. 

Van Gundy should be Head of Officiating for the league. He constantly calls out floppers, bad calls and foul baiting BS. Would only need a few rule changes to make the game muchore watchable.

KD looking more and more healthy every game.

Tatum in can't miss mode. Sheesh.

Edited by CRobi21