Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

16 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

The Wolves and Philly or the team that gets Anthony Davis with two other big time stars could beat the Warriors.

You need an athletic big man and surround him with star wing players that can shoot. Towns, Embiid, and Davis are the type of bigs that will give the Warriors problems because they cant be taken off the court due to their athleticism.

The Wolves always give the Warriors a hard time too.

I don't think Philly is close. I haven't seen enough from their young guys. They could just as easily be the early 2000s Clippers who had high picks every year and never did anything.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

I don't think Philly is close. I haven't seen enough from their young guys. They could just as easily be the early 2000s Clippers who had high picks every year and never did anything.

True, but Embiid looks like a difference maker in his limited play.

You just need that type of big man who can move side to side.

• Like 1

Lebron put up a 41/13/8 stat line....and was a -13.

That's not something you see very often.

The fourth quarter last night felt like a TED Talk by Daryl Morey. Lebron did the same spin move about 18 times for easy layups. And it would immediately be cancelled out by either a dunk or topped by a 3 pointer.

At some point, NBA defense is going to adjust to this, right? Maybe not to the Warriors particularly brand of this since they just overwhelm you with talent, but at some point, there has to be a defensive counter to this space and pace thing.

Well the Rockets, the other pace and space team, were countered by the Spurs right?

There is nothing revolutionary about it. The Warriors just have an insane amount of talent with guys that play both ways at a very high if not elite level.

2 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

but at some point, there has to be a defensive counter to this space and pace thing.

an elite big surrounded by great shooting.

And the Warriors, and refs, let Lebron score at the end. They didn't offer much resistance because they knew they would have some get back.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Well the Rockets, the other pace and space team, were countered by the Spurs right?

There is nothing revolutionary about it. The Warriors just have an insane amount of talent with guys that play both ways at a very high if not elite level.

The Rockets sort of do it with mirrors though. They are really just OKC with a less selfish point guard and a cohesive offensive system. This is true for nearly everyone, but you can't play the same was as GSW if they have 4 of the 5 best players on the court.

PS

I love the guy, but can we start a "McQueen's daily **** about the NBA" thread? I don't know if I can handle three years of his "It's not fair" act.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

an elite big surrounded by great shooting.

Stan Van Gundy is not going to get the credit he deserves for unleashing this era with the greatest team McD5 ever saw play basketball, is he?

That team really was the template - except Dwight didn't really have range and their perimeter guys were good, not other-worldly. But Prime Dwight was the type of center who could guard to the three point line and still recover to rebound. Anthony Davis surrounded by shooters SHOULD work, but NO is incompetent.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DM72 said:

Don't know if anyone brought this up, but Golden State UNANIMOUSLY voted to skip the White House visit.

Just another reason to like this team.

Officially the team hasn't reached a decision.  

The reigning champion Golden State Warriors addressed speculation about whether they will make the traditional visit to the White House, saying they "will make those decisions when and if necessary."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19625464/golden-state-warriors-say-no-decision-made-white-house-visit

Just now, Kosher Ham said:

I've always thought the White House visit is corny anyway. 

Maybe that is because, being from DC and being to the White House many times, and meeting 2 former Presidents at other events...not that big of a deal to me. 

To meet "most" presidents is a big deal IMO. You're talking about a lot guys that came from poverty and now they're at the White House meeting the POTUS? That's a big deal.

5 minutes ago, DM72 said:

To meet "most" presidents is a big deal IMO. You're talking about a lot guys that came from poverty and now they're at the White House meeting the POTUS? That's a big deal.

Its totally cause you are from DC @Kosher Ham

I see how it could be a bid deal for some people like DM72 says, but for real I see the white house everyday. Its just another monument to me, honestly. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

I've always thought the White House visit is corny anyway. 

Maybe that is because, being from DC and being to the White House many times, and meeting 2 former Presidents at other events...not that big of a deal to me. 

You should be on the Dos X commercials. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DM72 said:

Not really. I didn't grow up with a silver spoon. Both my parents worked 2 jobs at different points of my life ( and my dad was military). 

Those folks are just like everyone else. I saw AI the other day and so... He is just a guy that I know. I rub elbows with folks that many would be in awe of. I simply see them as people doing their job and hey, congrats on that job. 

23 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

You should be on the Dos X commercials. 

I bet he rolled a stone and it gathered a ton of moss. No big deal

54 minutes ago, DM72 said:

Not this one. And I honestly view Bush II as a man that knowingly sent soldiers to die for nothing, yet I still probably would've visited him at the WH

• Like 2