Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2019-2020 NBA Season Thread***

I could see them finishing below the Cavs as the two seed. But PG needs to play up to his ability for the whole season. He's been prone to start fast and finish slow.

I don't like how they fired Frank Vogel though. I think firing a good coach because of petty drama with the FO rarely makes you better in the end.

Damn, you add all that with PG and Monta Ellis. Unless they try to move Ellis, thats a lineup that should have them as a top tier Eastern Conference team.

Aka a team that could earn the right to lose to Cleveland in the playoffs. The East is so boring and will be unless Durant comes over.

Bless your heart.

I had no problem with the process. You don't win championships being a lower seed. I think they're building a team to compete for a championship in a few years.

• Like 1

As someone on BF said, no one can complain about the trade for Morris when Bellinelli fetches a 1st as well.

Also... Its fitting that Phoenix landed another dragon.

- 14 pick > 22 pick. 

- Bellinelli's situation was not the same as Morris' with phoenix.

- Two GMs making bad trades doesn't suddenly make the trades good. 

- Do not under estimate my ability or willingness to trash Ernie Grunfeld.  :)

The market for these draft picks is some **** right now. Belinelli for 22 is a horrible return. He is 30 years old and coming off a season where he had a 9.4 PER. He can't play defense and his 3 pt % dropped to .306. This was a heist of a trade for Sacramento. Especially since Charlotte was reportedly trying to make cap space, and instead they take on 6 million in salary.

This is not the time to be trading out of the draft. Everyone is trying to do it. I would just sit tight and use my picks.

The market for these draft picks is some **** right now. Belinelli for 22 is a horrible return. He is 30 years old and coming off a season where he had a 9.4 PER. He can't play defense and his 3 pt % dropped to .306. This was a heist of a trade for Sacramento. Especially since Charlotte was reportedly trying to make cap space, and instead they take on 6 million in salary.

This is not the time to be trading out of the draft. Everyone is trying to do it. I would just sit tight and use my picks.

Who at 22 would you suggest they draft?  We have 7 free agents, three of them starters (C, SF, SG).  Is there really anyone at 22 that would be an instant contributor?  

Not saying I like the trade at all, just curious on what you think they should have done.  

Edit:  Unless they pull some **** out when FA starts, I'm predicting this team won't make the playoffs next year.  I honestly think we will lose Lee, Big Al and Lin.  I think we will retain Batum and MKG will be back, but health is an issue.  

Possibly, we lose Marvin Williams too.  Depends on if he signs cheap or not.  If he doesn't then we likely could lose 3 starters and our back-up PG.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

BEN SIMMONS!!! It was a long road, but I feel that we're on the verge of turning this thing around.

Something about that dude is... Not right.

But maybe, years from now we'll realize that he was just coasting through college in order to save himself for the pros. Still, I don't understand how a no. 1 pick can't get his team into the tourney.

Man, Orlando really wanted to make that deal.

Agreed.  That's a lot for Serge Ibaka, who really hasn't been all that productive a player. 

I think Oladipo can be a far better version of Roberson. And Sabonis has some pretty intriguing upside. OKC is keeping a nice, young, athletic, supporting cast around for Durant and Westbrook.

Offensively he's a massive uprgade.  Roberson was a self check and while OIadipo isn't great, he's an aggressive offensive player that you can't just put your worst defender and feel great about it.  If OKC keeps Durant, they'll be a even more of a nightmare to guard on the perimeter next season. 

Victor Oladipo is essentially the player, Waiters imagines himself to be.