Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Durant and Westbrook both leave after next season to join the Lakers.

Boom. Westbrook talks Durant into it. By this point the Lakers have already traded the #2 pick this year to Kings for Cousins. Maybe throw in Russel too.

Cousins, Durant, Westbrook, Russel(maybe), Clarkson, Randle, Nance Jr and some role players.

With Luke Walton coaching. That team rolls.

Doesn't make sense to play there by himself though. It'd only be a good situation if Westbrook came with him. Otherwise he'll finish his prime years playing on a one star team with no real shot at a ring.

Whiteside, Dragic, Winslow and Durant with the knowledge Riley builds the team more.

That's not bad

Durant and Westbrook both leave after next season to join the Lakers.

Boom. Westbrook talks Durant into it. By this point the Lakers have already traded the #2 pick this year to Kings for Cousins. Maybe throw in Russel too.

Cousins, Durant, Westbrook, Russel(maybe), Clarkson, Randle, Nance Jr and some role players.

With Luke Walton coaching. That team rolls.

Except Sacramento says no to that offer and none of the other players you mentioned would have any appeal whatsoever for Westbrook and Durant plus Walton is an unknown.

For the first time in their franchise history, the Lakers aren't going to get bailed out by some big FA signing. They're going to have to build through the draft and get lucky like everyone else. The only big FA I could see signing there is a loser like James Harden.

Whiteside, Dragic, Winslow and Durant with the knowledge Riley builds the team more.

That's not bad

Miami is going to have their hands full just keeping Whiteside this summer, much less bringing in Durant too. If the Wizards have only a slim chance of signing Durant, Miami has even less of one.

I was joking about the Lakers. That would never happen. And they have some decent young players. Ben Simmons or Ingram with a year for Luke to prove his merit could attract Westbrook though, if Durant signs elsewhere.

I was forgetting that Miami would need to lose Whiteside in order to have space to sign Durant. Maybe Wade leaves to team up with Lebron lol

I don't think any big man would want to play with guards that don't pass and over dribble.  Consider what bigs have to do because they don't just stand in the corner or run around in circles like perimeter guys.  They are wrestling around the rim for position and dipping in and out of the paint to not get called.  They are setting screens, hoping the guard doesn't go before they are set because again the refs are watching.  The moment a shot goes up they are fighting off most of the opposing team just to get a chance to back tap it. 

Those guys have to watch some jerk dribble between his legs 20 times and chuck up a bad shot 25 times a game?  That has to be frustrating.  Star bigs that know they can score must find it even more so. 

Then you look at Harden in particular, a shameless clown doesn't even try to play defense.  No way that doesn't annoy other players. 

• Like 2

I think it's pretty clear cut that a void in leadership was Houston's chief problem. Harden and Dwight are piss poor leaders. Both need to be paired with other great players and very strong coaches that are good leaders so that their worst tendencies can be reined in and they can do their thing. Dwight's career would have unfolded in a completely different way if he'd ended up with Chris Paul in LA instead of a desperate and declining Kobe.

If OKC wins this series, I think the most frustrating thing for me will be the validation of the old NBA truism: it doesn't matter if you build a better and more balanced roster and have a superior coach--if the top end of their roster is a lot better than yours, then you're going to lose a seven game series.

Stupid Spurs. And now Steph Curry is back.

This years Finals is going to be unbearable.

**** the NBA

Why do you hate the Warriors again?

If OKC wins this series, I think the most frustrating thing for me will be the validation of the old NBA truism: it doesn't matter if you build a better and more balanced roster and have a superior coach--if the top end of their roster is a lot better than yours, then you're going to lose a seven game series.

I disagree with that. I think the 2014 Finals were clear proof to the contrary. Additionally, and I hate to say it, but the debacle of game 2's ending by the refs changed the series and had nothing to do with OKC's stars. Sometimes it just doesn't break out toward the better or more balanced team. That's sports though.

Also, OKC's actually had some solid contributions from role Players in this series

• Like 1

Dwight's career would have unfolded in a completely different way if he'd ended up with Chris Paul in LA instead of a desperate and declining Kobe.

you mean like how Blake Griffin loves playing with Chris Paul? lol

Dwight is what he is. And the back injury took his athleticism away.

His best situation was Orlando and he blew it.

Luck isn't the reason the #1 team avoids the #2 and #3 in the second round :). Warriors got lucky they didn't face a healthy Clippers for three games without Curry.

Wel, if they were so lucky they wouldn't have lost Curry.   And they have won 7 out the last 8 against the Clippers and swept them 4-0 this year.  

The Warriors are not afraid of the Clippers.   They are afraid of the Spurs.   

I'm thinking the Warriors would rather play the Thunder. 

They sure as hell would.

Stupid Spurs. And now Steph Curry is back.

This years Finals is going to be unbearable.

**** the NBA

jNsLfAT.gif

Except Orlando surrounded him with a lousy supporting cast year after year and expected him to carry the load.   Eventually, he got fed up, just like Lebron did in Cleveland and Garnett did in Minnesota.   He made a bad choice going to the Lakers, but I don't blame him for giving up on Orlando.  

Edited by Predicto
  • Like 1

you mean like how Blake Griffin loves playing with Chris Paul? lol

Do you have anything to base the assertion that Griffin doesn't like playing with Chris Paul on?

That situation in Orlando was a mess. Otis Smith bungled the roster horribly and left them a dead end team. They were way over the cap and Ryan Anderson and JJ Redick were the only good players they had aside from Dwight, and they are both role players. Hedo was garbage by that point. Nelson was a very weak starting PG. Jason Richardson was about done. Trading for Arenas shows how desperate they were. There are any number of teams that would have been a better situation for Dwight than Orlando was.

How much more respect could possibly be given to him?

McGrady is your latest example. I doubt he would have had a problem if LeBron was the unanimous MVP.

You should have watched His and Hers today. Jamelle Hill broke it down. But the hate does exist when if comes to Steph from a lot of guys that used to play.

Edited by DM72

The Warriors ain't afraid of the Spurs. You are.

I've been a Warriors fan for too long not to fear the Spurs.  They have owned us for 30 years straight.  

True, almost everyone owned us for most of that time because we sucked, but not like the Spurs owned us.

Popovich and Duncan and Ginobli and ESPECIALLY Tony Parker haunt my basketball nightmares.   

Edited by Predicto

McGrady is your latest example. I doubt he would have had a problem if LeBron was the unanimous MVP.

You should have watched His and Hers today. Jamelle Hill broke it down. But the hate does exist when if comes to Steph from a lot of guys that used to play.

There will always be former players that don't respect current stars game. Curry already has been labeled the greatest shooter of all time, on what (if they seal the deal) will be the greatest team of all time. His game has forced even the harshest critics to either stay quiet or acknowledge his greatness.

Former players are the hardest to please. Especially former star players. You could argue that there are maybe a handful of NBA players all time who have no critics whatsoever.

Can't please everyone. But the overwhelming majority of outsiders have heaped praise on this guy for two years now. Greatest shooter in history is arguably the highest honor that you could give a player. You can't really objectively point to anything substantial to knock him.

Except Orlando surrounded him with a lousy supporting cast year after year and expected him to carry the load.   Eventually, he got fed up, just like Lebron did in Cleveland and Garnett did in Minnesota.   He made a bad choice going to the Lakers, but I don't blame him for giving up on Orlando.  

I agreed with all of your post except this part. There was nothing wrong with that Orlando squad, the problem was Dwight is, and has remained, lazy and unwilling to put the work in to improve as a player. They developed a squad of outside shooters with a pass-first PG in Jameer Nelson to keep the pressure off him. Double teaming Dwight would be problematic since all he would need to do is kick it out to Hedo, Redick, or any of the other shooters who could knock down wide open shots. He also had Patrick Ewing as an assistant coach, and SVG as his HC. The problem was Dwight. Despite having a HoF Center to learn from, he never developed a dominant post game, so double teams became unnecessary because Howard wasn't consistently scoring in the paint on a nightly basis, which affected how the rest of the team would be productive. Once he had that herniated disk, I knew his athleticism would take a hit. I will give him credit for playing with it and being available as much as he has. Most players in this sport who get that injury are out of the league in a couple of years. 

• Like 1