Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

How would Melo feel about being a beta player to Wall though?  The Wizards are Wall's team.  Melo would have to be willing to accept that to make it work.  Accept that he'd be playing more of a role.

This is an interesting question because it's not totally hypothetical.  If he opts into his final season, Melo will hit FA the summer the Wizards have enough money to sign him even if he wants a max deal.

I also don't know that Wittman is a good enough coach to really make it work.

But if you got Team USA Melo, or All Star game Melo, he could be a monster.  Probably play mostly PF, Nene would have to be gone for them to afford Melo.  Porter at SF.  It could be an offensive juggernaut but the defense wouldn't be good.

Kawhi Leonard is an unbelievable defender.  Teams score under 91 points per 48 when he's on the court.  With him off, over 100.

he is going to be a great secondary offensive guy too.

if he got drafted by the Wizards, he would be Chris Singleton.

I think Durant gets his first ring this year. But I could certainly see Duncan getting his last one too. And I could also see Miami pulling it together in the playoffs and going on a run.

OKC is the favorite for me though. Durant is on a mission this year.

OKC doesnt have inside scoring to beat Miami.

Honestly, this year's champion may not be the best team in the league, but a case of "styles make fights."

San Antonio can beat Miami, but cannot beat OKC. Miami can beat OKC but cannot beat Indy, and so on and so on.

Pacers lost again, to the death spiraling Hawks, by 20. I still haven't heard a reasonable explanation for this sudden collapse. Maybe Danny Granger is a witch doctor.

Ric Bucher said Turner and Stephenson are have a professional rivalry, specifically Turner.

Pacers front office is not as good as everyone thinks.

Pacers lost again, to the death spiraling Hawks, by 20. I still haven't heard a reasonable explanation for this sudden collapse. Maybe Danny Granger is a witch doctor.

Evan Turner is a horrible fit for how they like to play. Really ****ed up their whole mojo. To add to that, Granger was pretty popular on that team

What a play by Plumlee!!! As expected Lebron whines like a **** after a clean block by Plumlee.

He's going to be smiling all week. That might greater a moment than hitting a buzzer beater. A rookie, who I'm sure is still a little star struck, sent back a dunk attempt by the best player in the world to win the game. That's got to feel good.

The West could have three 60 win teams and there is a good chance all 8 playoff teams win 50 games.  Dallas and Golden State will get to 50.

I think the top seven teams in the East will at least finish .500 or better.  The 8th team in the East is going to be a total dog though.

ESPN is saying that Plumlee fouled Lebron obviously and that Lebron didn't just fail to get star treatment, he didn't even get a fair call. They claim that hitting his hand makes it a foul. My understanding is that 1- if you get the ball and the ball leaves the offensive players possession there is no right to follow through and 2 - the hand is part of the ball while the two are in contact. On that play Plumlee clearly knocks the ball away.

Am I wrong in my understanding of the rules?

ESPN is saying that Plumlee fouled Lebron obviously and that Lebron didn't just fail to get star treatment, he didn't even get a fair call. They claim that hitting his hand makes it a foul. My understanding is that 1- if you get the ball and the ball leaves the offensive players possession there is no right to follow through and 2 - the hand is part of the ball while the two are in contact. On that play Plumlee clearly knocks the ball away.

Am I wrong in my understanding of the rules?

I was going to say that, but I don't know if the rules are different for a dunk/layup. But on a jumpshot, I do think that the hand is part of the ball. 

But none of that matters in this case because he knocked the ball out first anyway. 

I was going to say that, but I don't know if the rules are different for a dunk/layup. But on a jumpshot, I do think that the hand is part of the ball.

But none of that matters in this case because he knocked the ball out first anyway.

I think that the hand being part of the ball is the best kept secret in basketball.

Also they let contact go if you are defending the rim and you go straight up and don't jump into the guy or hack him.  Plumlee's block looks clean.

Joe Johnson's swipe as LeBron is about to go up off of two feet looks like a little bit of contact but Johnson pulls his hand out so fast you can barely tell he touched LeBron.

It was a damn good play from Plumlee.  Wouldn't have been some ticky tack crap if they called a foul there.

he is going to be a 10 and 8-10 guy.

His cap will be Deandre Jordan.

I think those #'s are about right.  Not sure if he'll get to Deandre's level, but Plumlee will be a key rotational guy in this league for a long time.  His athleticism is elite for a guy his size. 

Plumlee is looking like he's going to better than I expected. I saw him as simply a bench player with nominal numbers, but he is playing himself into the starting lineup with his defense and tenacity, which will give him more scoring opportunities. Good for him.

And that was a clean block. He was fouled prior to the dunk. But it was still a weak call to make.

I think those #'s are about right.  Not sure if he'll get to Deandre's level, but Plumlee will be a key rotational guy in this league for a long time.  His athleticism is elite for a guy his size.

i think he will start.

He and Deandre play the same way. Similar players, I think Mason has more athleticism than Deandre.

You just said very good, and I can see him being like Deandre Jordan-good.

Edited by JoeWolf990

Plumlee is looking like he's going to better than I expected. I saw him as simply a bench player with nominal numbers, but he is playing himself into the starting lineup with his defense and tenacity, which will give him more scoring opportunities. Good for him.

And that was a clean block. He was fouled prior to the dunk. But it was still a weak call to make.

I don't think he was fouled prior to the dunk.  Joe Johnson's contact was incidental contact because it didn't alter LeBron's movement at all.  I didn't know this before, but a defensive player is actually allowed to briefly place his hand on the offensive player so long as the contact doesn't alter the offensive player's movement.

The refs got that one right.

Regular season is almost over, Kevin Durant is the MVP.  He's had an incredible season.

Spurs, Clippers, and Thunder all look awesome.  They're the teams to beat in the West.  Miami and Indy don't look good.