Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

That dude sounds like a cartoon character rapping and the director was obviously trying to keep Wall from towering over his "stars".

There have been a lot of horrible rap basketball player songs over the years, most are painfully bad. The most under rated is Blake Griffinin by Wallpaper IMO.

Edited by Destino

So the Stephenson signing is already blowing up in Charlotte, with him supposedly being in the coaches dog house.

With Kemba looking like a bust for the contract he was given, it seems MJ has been successful in crafting what he did in Washington. A team good enough to miss out on any decent lottery picks but bad enough to barely compete for the playoffs.

Woooow, Derozan out indefinitely with a torn leg tendon. That's a potential game changer in the East.

RaptorsMR

@RaptorsMR

Update on @Raptors DeMar DeRozan. Tests revealed torn left adductor longus tendon. No timetable for return to bball activity. #rtz

3:07pm - 29 Nov 14

https://mobile.twitter.com/RaptorsMR/status/538786322086129664

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

So the Stephenson signing is already blowing up in Charlotte, with him supposedly being in the coaches dog house.

With Kemba looking like a bust for the contract he was given, it seems MJ has been successful in crafting what he did in Washington. A team good enough to miss out on any decent lottery picks but bad enough to barely compete for the playoffs.

Huh? They were horrible for like 4 years! They technically should have won the 1st overall at least 2 times according to their records. So they could have had the brow, or Irving, or others. They ended up with Kamba and Bismarck. ( similar to how we ended up with ves)

Huh? They were horrible for like 4 years! They technically should have won the 1st overall at least 2 times according to their records. So they could have had the brow, or Irving, or others. They ended up with Kamba and Bismarck. ( similar to how we ended up with ves)

No, instead of the Brow they ended up with Michael Kidd Gilchrist. Similar to how we ended with Bradley Beal, you know, with the very next pick. How's that worked out for them? Or they could've gotten Lillard or Drummond or even Harrison Barnes.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

I saw some little mini-doc on him trying to relearn how to shoot. Holy ****. And people thought Wall had issues. I've never seen anything like that. And from the #2 overall pick, one pick ahead of arguably potentially the best shooter in the draft since Ray Allen.

Yup, if the best thing Abe Pollin ever did was build the Phone Booth downtown with his own money and single-handedly revitalize Chinatown, the second best thing he did was run MJ's ass out of town. And I'm sorry but that took some balls to do.

People really tried to talk themselves into Gilchrist even though everyone knew that he had no scoring ability that is required of an NBA wing. He should have drafted late first round at best.

He's got a profound flaw in his game, but I think that guy would have worked out better on a team that had true shooters at PG and SG. I think he could have been a rich man's Gerald Wallace because he can handle the ball and facilitate the offense. But a rich man's Gerald Wallace is still a role player. And you're right, it's tough to commit to building around a perimeter player that isn't a high level scorer or playmaker.

He does have a few scoring tools, he just doesn't get a chance to use them much. He has a surprisingly effective post game and he can attack the rim pretty effectively using his strength.

That team is poorly built. Kemba Walker is an average starting PG. Lance Stephenson is basically the same player as MKG, only crazy. Jefferson is in Nene territory. Zeller has regressed this season, and Vonleh is really far away.

It's a team full of role players with no real central identity or alpha talent to build around. Stephenson was a useless signing. The future core of the team is MKG, Zeller, and Vonleh, but it's going to be VERY hard to build around that group and keep them together without a great PG or SG. None of those guys are going to be All Stars.

Pretty bad that MJ came out of all that losing without a real AS caliber talent to show for it. That team would have been SOOOO much better off taking Lillard or Beal instead of MKG.

That it's one of the few that doesn't embarrass everyone involved. Plus it doesn't take itself seriously and it's funny.

Ok, get ready for a blast from the past.  A period piece from 1975 (warning, horrific racial stereotypes incoming....)

I saw some little mini-doc on him trying to relearn how to shoot. Holy ****. And people thought Wall had issues. I've never seen anything like that. And from the #2 overall pick, one pick ahead of arguably potentially the best shooter in the draft since Ray Allen.

Wait.   You are talking about Beal as "potentially the best shooter in the draft since Ray Allen?" 

I mean, I like Beal, but come on now.   He shot 44 percent (34 percent on three pointer) during his one year in college.   

Wait. You are talking about Beal as "potentially the best shooter in the draft since Ray Allen?"

I mean, I like Beal, but come on now. He shot 44 percent (34 percent on three pointer) during his one year in college.

I know it's your thing (see Kevin Durant to Golden State) but pulling things out my ass just ain't for me.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2012/06/floridas_bradley_beal_draws_co.html

If you don't like that article, please, knock yourself out:

https://www.google.com/search?q=draft+Bradley+Beal+ray+Allen&rlz=1Y3JHSK_enUS611US611&oq=draft+Bradley+Beal+ray+Allen+&aqs=chrome..69i57.8754j0j4&sourceid=chrome-mobile&espv=1&ie=UTF-8