Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

I was about to ask who is that, but I see it is Javale's mom. Pam McGee....

Honestly, I think she is the reason Javale isn't as good as he should be. She is way too involved with that dude's career. I know she was a baller and whatnot, but she still needs to shut up and let the dude be  a man. (I miss the rant smiley :( )

Now that Brian Shaw is finally a head coach (Nuggets) I wonder if he'll try to run the triangle.

Javale in the triangle...bwahahahahahha....PLEASE let that happen!

Kevin Durant doesn't need NYC to market himself.  He's as big of a name as there is in the NBA.  Signing w/ Jay Z's agency helps his profile a bit, but I can't envision him ever leaving OKC. 

• Like 1

All these guys going to Roc Nation Sports. That's fine, but are they gonna get them the best deals? Kevin Durant has been in his share of commercials with whoever he was with. Just saying.

There was a debate on Mike & Mike this morning about how Durant might want to go to NY or a bigger market now that he is with Jay-Z. I'm not sure I buy that.

"Big market" is something media creates in basketball that doesn't mean much. You don't see it in other sports nearly as much. Durant is a superstar and, like Lebron but to a lesser extent, he would get press on any team in any city. I don't know where OKC ranks in terms of markets but I'm betting low. Lebron has been with Cleveland and Miami, neither of which are large markets. Point is superstars don't need big markets. They need successful teams.

• Like 2

All these guys going to Roc Nation Sports. That's fine, but are they gonna get them the best deals? Kevin Durant has been in his share of commercials with whoever he was with. Just saying.

There was a debate on Mike & Mike this morning about how Durant might want to go to NY or a bigger market now that he is with Jay-Z. I'm not sure I buy that.

"Big market" is something media creates in basketball that doesn't mean much. You don't see it in other sports nearly as much. Durant is a superstar and, like Lebron but to a lesser extent, he would get press on any team in any city. I don't know where OKC ranks in terms of markets but I'm betting low. Lebron has been with Cleveland and Miami, neither of which are large markets. Point is superstars don't need big markets. They need successful teams.

Before recently, you did need to play in a big market to be a superstar to get endorsements and whatnot. But since technology has grown so rapidly, you don't need to have that big market to get you big bucks.

Before recently, you did need to play in a big market to be a superstar to get endorsements and whatnot. But since technology has grown so rapidly, you don't need to have that big market to get you big bucks.

I think it's driven more by the annoying media personalities that are still pining for the "good ol days" of dynasty basketball combined with the preference of some in which cities to work.  Notice that you never hear them complaining that Miami isn't a large market?  It's because Miami is an awesome town to visit.  

• Like 1

Whatever Chewy, the Nuggets sucked. <_<

I am not talking out the side of my neck when I say this, but THE ONLY TEAM Durant would leave OKC for at this time is the Wizards. And even then it would only be because somebody did him wrong in the Thunder organization. Dude loves it in OKC, he is a borderline idol down there lol

Exactly. He has it made in OKC. Sure it's a smaller market, but Durant doesn't seem like the guy who wants to be constanty in the spotlight. I don't seem him leaing OKC either unless somethig goes teribly wrong there. Plus he's there for 3 more years anyway.

Players of Durant's caliber don't leave their teams unless something goes horribly wrong.  If OKC blows all of their assets and ruins their position as a contender, then maybe he'll leave.  But they've got Westbrook, don't see that happening as long as they've got two superstars.

Durant would be unbelievably good with Wall though.  Those two plus Beal could own the league.  I think Wall is gonna be better than Westbrook too, and would be a better fit with Durant.

understand that Mike and Mike have no idea what they are talking about.

This JayZ agent thing is so overblown and shrouded in fear, its not funny. CAA are running things, not JayZ.

understand that Mike and Mike have no idea what they are talking about.

This JayZ agent thing is so overblown and shrouded in fear, its not funny. CAA are running things, not JayZ.

Who listens to Mike and Mike? Those two, I cannot stand. But I have no problem with guys signing with Roc Nation. I was just wondering are they doing it just to be affiliated with Jay-Z or is Roc Nation gonna get them the better deals.

Boston and Brooklyn discussing a blockbuster deal that would send Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce to Nets, league sources tell Y! Sports.

From Woj's twitter...

The talks are centering around a package that would include Gerald Wallace, Tomike Shengelia, the expiring deal of Kris Humphries and three future first-round picks, sources told Y! Sports.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nets-pursuing-trade-for-kevin-garnett--paul-pierce-171213145.html

Nets could have a potential lineup of:

Lopez

KG

Pierce

Johnson

Williams

As much as I'm skeptical about the Kidd hire, it would be cool to see him coach this team...

I think there is a good chance that the Nets will pay 200 million in luxury tax and never make another draft pick again.

I know what you said was in jest, but unless the NBA has changed the rule, teams are forbidden from trading consecutive team draft picks.  So at the very least, they'd have to use their first round pick every other year.  I think it's more complicated than that though, because I swear teams have traded consecutive draft picks.  There must be some loopholes with lottery-protected picks being involved.  

Edited by The Sir

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nets-pursuing-trade-for-kevin-garnett--paul-pierce-171213145.html

Nets could have a potential lineup of:

Lopez

KG

Pierce

Johnson

Williams

As much as I'm skeptical about the Kidd hire, it would be cool to see him coach this team...

If they were going to do that, they really shouldn't have hired Kidd as a the HC. That roster is has a very small window to win a title and has to go through the Heat and likely one of either the Bulls or Pacers to even get to the finals next year.  All of those teams are good enough that your HC is going to have to carry his weight.   

Also I'm not sure how DWill would take to being knocked so low on the totem pole.  I don't trust that guy to be able to swallow his pride in the best of circumstances.  The guy most likely to be asked to minimize his shots in that roster will be the PG.  The other 4 players all need shots, there isn't a role player among them.  

Having said that I don't see that happening at all.  Brooklyn can't be that insane.

Edited by Destino